PDA

View Full Version : Tour deCure - Brigham City, Utah

equus2
06-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Anyone on for this weekend? Temps in low 80's, warmer than last Saturday, and no wind (promise!) I've returned to biking - gas prices too high to pull a horse trailer very far!! - 40 pounds heavier than I need to be, and softer than I care to think about. BUT, I did the LRRH last weekend (only 46 miles, but 46 miles further than I've ridden the last 3 years, total!) and plan to do the 60 Saturday. looong - slooow - steadddddy. "To finish is to win."

Lifesgreat
06-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Glad you're back in biking. I won't be able to go, I have another commitment Saturday. Have fun! Cache Valley is a beautiful place in June.

mtbjen
06-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Good job on Little Red! I road the 62 mile version and am trying to get back in prime cycling shape too. Good luck on the Tour de Cure!

equus2
06-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Everything aligned for a near perfect ride yesterday! I've only been back on the bike (specialized dolce vita, love her alot!!) for a couple of weeks with tons of weight to lose. 40 pounds to be exact.

LRRH kicked my bu** last weekend, but I completed the 47 miles. I'm an ex-RAGBRAI-er, LOVE hot weather and short rolling hills. Cold weather and long flats in the wind take me out! Did two short training rides during the week, before and after a bout of stomach flu, and was going to just ride 25 miles......but that just wasn't to be! Almost no wind, warm and GREAT breaks - I decided to try the metric century. Just a little head wind on the last 15 miles, but I crossed the finish line (to much fanfare, cheering, and great food at the end!).

Kept my average speed between 16 and 18, down to a crawling 12 mph in the wind, with short 20-22 mph sprints.

Adjusted seat height, which may have given my neck/shoulders some relief. My biggest complaint is my hands. I do have carpal tunnel, and though I try NOT to, I know that I rest on my hands, I'm sure. Better core strength will help that.

Now, I wonder if I really should have tried the 100?? :rolleyes:

yellow
06-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Sounds like you had a much nicer day than we did out there last weekend. :) Good job!! It's always great to finish with a fan club, even if it's people you don't know.

As for doing the 100, there's always next year. Or some other ride later this summer! It sounds like you felt good and finished strong...a good experience. I'd take that over extra miles that might or might not go well. 100 is kind of a "magic" number, for sure, but 65 isn't anything to feel disappointed about!

I'll be at the MS 150 in that same area the weekend of June 28. I'm dreading the heat and wind but looking forward to the climb up Logan Canyon. Good thing it's like a big 2 day party!