PDA

View Full Version : Amici Veloci Top Hat page updated

jobob
04-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Hi gang - I (finally) managed to upload SadieKate/snapdragen's way cool logo onto the Amici Veloci page for the Top Hat ride.

(Oh and Sarah, I was able to keep the photo too)

jobob sez check it out :cool:

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//CAN/personal/my_team.asp?pa=48477913&pd=CAN0EODB20050430EBY

CorsairMac
04-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My "Top Hat" off to all you ladies who are participating in this!.......

SadieKate
04-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Well, aren't you just the smartypants! Poppies, chainrings and hearts - what more could you ask for?

Thanks, Jo "techno geek" Bob.

Sarah

SadieKate
04-01-2005, 08:58 AM
They keep sending out these weekly emails rewarding the fastest growing team, etc. They should send out an email with a link to the best web page :D

SK

nuthatch
04-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Your webpage looks great! Best of luck to all you riders!

SadieKate
04-01-2005, 05:45 PM
The weekly email just came our from our MS Chapter. We're tied for the 6th largest team! Wow! What a group!

CorsairMac
04-19-2005, 07:34 PM
I think I did it right this time. Here they are in all their glory which includes their yellow Livestrong bands AND their red MS bands! (here's hoping you can see them - I suck as a photographer...even with a digital camera! :o ) ok so I guess I didn't do it quite right - but you can open the images. I think! :confused: geez...now I suck as a computer wiz too! LOL

SadieKate
04-19-2005, 07:40 PM
There they are in all their glory. Cool! Thanks, Corsair.

nuthatch
04-20-2005, 03:02 AM
WOW! Beautiful looking steeds! And Allez and Hornet look ready for action! (I just love that yellow and black theme!)

Did you tell us what you figured out about Allez's history? What year and model? Just curious because I found a Peugeot by the side of the road (for trash pick-up!) and brought it home to see if I could fix it up enough for my son to ride. It's a 1987 Iseran (P6) and needs alot of tender loving care - I'm trying to see if I can bring it up to snuff without spending a fortune.

spazzdog
04-20-2005, 04:52 AM
Beautiful bikes CorsairMac.

My eyes aren't working yet this morning... where did you put your bands? I now have a fine collection (thank you Dita) and would like them with me.

DirtDiva
04-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Look closely at where the seatpost meets the frame...

CorsairMac
04-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Look closely at where the seatpost meets the frame...

Yup - shes got it. I put them on the seattubes so they stay outta the way but are still visible. That way I don't have anything on my arms when I ride. Unfortunatel, Allez' colour and the MS band colour are pretty much the same colour so the band is hard to see, and Hornet didn't feel like showing his LA band off (which also happens to match His colour btw ;) )

WOW! Beautiful looking steeds! And Allez and Hornet look ready for action! (I just love that yellow and black theme!)

Did you tell us what you figured out about Allez's history? What year and model? Just curious because I found a Peugeot by the side of the road (for trash pick-up!) and brought it home to see if I could fix it up enough for my son to ride. It's a 1987 Iseran (P6) and needs alot of tender loving care - I'm trying to see if I can bring it up to snuff without spending a fortune.
I'll answer you in PM hun.

SadieKate
04-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Corsair, you might need this.

poster (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28009&item=7315665856)

Bike Goddess
04-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Cooooool! :d

Trek420
11-16-2005, 09:08 AM
From the Top Hat site: The MS Top Hat Classic team will soon announce the date for the 2006 Top Hat Classic. Registration for this event will likely begin in Nov., 2005 and the bike tour will take place in April, 2006. Be on the lookout for next year’s date and mark your calendars after we’ve announced them! We’d love to have you join us.

jpbayarea
11-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Hi ladies,

Wow! I am impressed that you are all riding 150miles!! A bit more than I can aspire to at this time but is there per chance a shorter ride too? I'd love to ride for MS and with a group of bay area women but am pretty sure I don't want to commit my buns to 150 miles. I have yet to imagine how anyone can do this? I ride easily for about 50 miles and then my body/neck/buns say ENOUGH. I am strong, it's not my legs but the rest of me that yells out. Is it just time on the bike, meaning years in the saddle that makes one able to do this?? Or perhaps being younger (58 now)? I ran a lot of marathons so know how to go the distance in that sport but in cycling I just find I burn out about 50 miles into a ride. Perhaps riding in a group would inspire but don't think even the most inspiring women would carry me another 100 miles.

I am baffled. I just began riding seriously in April of this year and have logged about 2500 miles with my honey along side. I had hoped by now I'd be able to ride longer but have only increased tolerance from about 30 to now about 50 or a bit more. Of course every ride is full of hills, some pretty steep or long but still.......Thoughts???

Thanks,

Jpbayarea

jobob
11-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Who said we rode 150 miles !?!?? :eek: I sure can't do that, yet! :rolleyes:

The Top Hat MS ride was 50 and 75 miles. Even the 50 miler was rather challenging, for me anyhow !

Here's the report. Sorry that the photos are all gone, I didn't realize that the links to the photos from the site I used (tinypic.com) would expire eventually.

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=2641

Veronica
11-23-2005, 07:24 AM
I think the MS 150 rides are usually done over two consecutive days - not all at once.

V.

Trek420
12-11-2005, 03:07 PM
MS Top Hat page has been updated. Will Team Amici Veloci ride again?

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/can/event/event_detail.asp?e=6715

Veronica
12-11-2005, 03:10 PM
I think I'll have another commitment that day. probably one that I should be committed for... Traditionally the DMD staff ride is held the Saturday before the actual ride.

V.