PDA

View Full Version : If any of you folks like to "Let's Dish"

Possegal
06-02-2008, 09:41 AM
If any of you folks out there like to do the 'prepare your meals' fun program at Let's Dish, my Livestrong challenge team is doing a fundraiser with them. Thought I would post my flier here, feel free to spread the word if you know anyone that either uses their program or was thinking of trying it.

Are you hungry? Are you too busy and your life too hectic that it seems like there is no time to make a tasty healthy dinner? Well then why not try Let’s Dish. You can learn all about it at www.letsdish.com. During the months of June and July, you can also help out a very worthy cause by dishing at any of the following Maryland locations: Baltimore, Columbia, and Gaithersburg, Rockville or the Virginia locations: Alexandria, Ashburn, and Fairfax. When you go to the website and sign up to dish at one of these locations, when filling out your online form, type in LIVESTRONG under the promotion code. When you do that, the Let’s Dish folks will kindly donate 10% of your cost to the Lance Armstrong Foundation via a donation to the Livestrong Bike Challenge in Philadelphia, PA this August. (This promotional code is not available with any other promotion codes, so please, dish for cancer advocacy and put in the LIVESTRONG code.)

On August 24th, my team, “Kelly’s Posse”, will be riding in our second Livestrong Bike Challenge. Last year there were 3 of us cycling and 2 walking. This year, we have 5 cycling and 1 runner and hope to have at least 2 more cyclists and 2 more runners (and my baby niece in her stroller, we’re starting the philanthropy early!). Last year we raised over $4000 for this very worthy cause. This year, with your help, we can make an even bigger difference. So go to www.letsdish.com, sign up for some delicious dinners, put LIVESTRONG in the promotional code, and be a part of the fight against cancer.

F8th637
06-02-2008, 12:25 PM
That is awesome!

I've always wanted to do Let's Dish but can't find people to split all the food they give you as I'd really only be feeding me and the husband.

Good luck with your efforts!

Possegal
06-03-2008, 05:52 AM
When I do the Let's Dish, I separate the 6 servings into 3 servings of 2. That works for me (it is just me, though at one point my niece was living with me). Then when I cook a meal, I'm only cooking 2 servings and I eat it 2 days in a row. The rest keeps in the freezer just fine.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm hoping we earn a bit of money for the cause!

F8th637
06-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Hmm. . you may have just convinced me to do it. If I do it I'll definitely make sure to enter your code. Lucky for me my husband is the cook in the relationship. :p