PDA

View Full Version : Installing a new saddle?

dede5373
03-24-2005, 01:45 PM
I am researching a new saddle for my bike. I think that I need something with more of a WSD- I can't seem to get over the soreness with my current saddle. My question is, if I find a saddle I would like to try does my LBS have to install it onto my bike? I wasn't sure if it is something that can be done myself (with proper tools, of course.) This is my first bike, in case you were wondering. (Except of course for the 3-speed I had when I was 13! ;) )

Thanks for your help!

SadieKate
03-24-2005, 01:58 PM
If you have your bike with you at the time you buy the saddle, they probably will but not if they are really busy (like weekends). You need to learn how to do it anyway because you'll want to play with angle, etc. , and it is veddy, veddy easy. You should make sure you have the proper wrench, ask them how, put it on yourself and then take it for a ride. You may be moving and moving and moving the saddle until you find the magic place!

Good pictures here!! (http://www.ehow.com/how_14169_install-adjust-bike.html)

CorsairMac
03-25-2005, 07:06 AM
Dede: Welcome to the board!! Nice to meet you and hope to hear more from ya!

I've seen several threads regarding saddles and the best piece of advice I've seen so far is: check the return policy with your LBS on saddles. Nothing worse then paying for a saddle and then hating it. I try to stop by my LBS middle of the day during the week - they're usually really slow then and love the chance to chat/help/work with me. You can put the saddle on yourself - and there's nothing like riding a bike that YOU did the work on.