PDA

View Full Version : selle san marco regal

maddy13
05-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey ladies! I need to replace my cheap velo stock saddle with something more conducive to long hours in the saddle. I am 5'1 and find that most women specific saddles are too wide.
I went to a local bike shop and sat on several saddles, but none were right. The fizik arione would have been perfect with a center channel. The selle italia slk was tolerable (would actually like to try the women's version, but not available at the shop). I am currently thinking of ordering the selle san marco regal online (in white) because it is beautiful and classic, but can only find male reviews of this saddle. Anyone ride the regal here?
p.s. Planning to ride the STP

maddy13
05-27-2008, 11:12 PM
I saw the regal today in person, and realized there was no way it was going to work. I ended up buying a selle san marco slr, and took it for a 30 mile ride today. There was no chafing, but man that thing is hard. Any other small women found saddles that are winners?

koala
05-28-2008, 02:15 AM
I am 5'2" & recently switched to a Specialized saddle to get a front-cut out & the proper width. I rode the SLR, & could not get used to the hardness. I also found out that despite what I thought about how narrow I was down there, the SLR was actually too narrow & I was riding on the hard edge that rolls off. I had been riding the Arione for some years with no complaints, until the front parts became too sensitive & I had to make a change. If not for that, I would still be on the Arione.

maddy13
05-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Let me know how you like your specialized. I am going to give the slr a solid chance. It is really nice to have a saddle that doesn't chafe anything, even if it is a rock.

mimitabby
05-29-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm a small lady and i love my Brooks saddles.
being small has very little to do with the space between your sit bones.

maddy13
05-30-2008, 01:26 AM
My Bianchi San Jose (commuter) will probably end up with a honey colored Brooks Team Pro. Brooks are so pretty:) Honestly, though, so many of the women's saddles chafe my bits and hit the back of my legs. Finding the right saddle (or even a tolerable one) seems like a daunting and expensive pursuit.