PDA

View Full Version : My Bottom is getting really hot when I ride

Debbie Long
03-23-2005, 07:43 AM
I am on my bike now for 2.5 weeks getting ready for a cross country ride in May. I have the right type of biking shorts but about 20 miles or so on the seat I am getting really hot down there. I have 80 miles per day average to ride for 50 days. Help!

slinkedog
03-23-2005, 08:08 AM
What kind of shorts are you using? I have some Pearl Izumi shorts with a PRT chamois, and I would get pretty soggy down there. I just got the Shebeest SSS short with the SheLastic chamois, and it seems to wick moisture better.

If it's a ventilation issue, I'm not sure what to tell you!! :confused: Do you live in a humid part of the country?

MightyMitre
03-25-2005, 07:09 AM
I guess hot saddle area comes with the territory, like cold feet in the winter.

But just to make sure, do you mean hot as in from sweating a lot and working hard, or do you mean a sensation of heat and discomfort, possibly from an uncomfortable saddle?

Debbie Long
03-30-2005, 03:30 AM
I just started using alot of A&D ointment and that seems to be helping. However someone said that because it is hard to wash out it can create a problem with bacteria. Any Suggestions on other ointments to use, for protection and anti itch. I will be traveling across the country so I will be hand washing everything. :confused:

slinkedog
03-30-2005, 08:25 AM
I just started using Assos chamois cream and it is great! It has some menthol in it, so it does tingle, but once I'm on the saddle I don't notice it anymore. Apparently it is supposed to help with bacterial issues. I've also used Chamois Butt'r which washes out very easily, but doesn't seem to have the staying power of the Assos, in my experience.