PDA

View Full Version : How's your self image?

sundial
05-15-2008, 12:10 PM
http://www.funnieststuff.net/viewmovie.php?ad_key=TARVPXDXEJOK&tracking_id=932936&id=768

Flybye
05-15-2008, 06:32 PM
The pugs were funny - thanks for the post housecleaning laugh!

Zen
05-15-2008, 07:08 PM
:D "If I cared what I looked like I'd shave and put my teeth in" :D

activediva
05-16-2008, 03:23 AM
Zen, you crack me up. I love reading your posts.

sundial
05-17-2008, 04:05 PM
The pugs were funny - thanks for the post housecleaning laugh!

Yeah, they were funny! I like the goat because we know too many lazy butt people that talk just like him. :rolleyes: Oh and the pigs too.

Zen
05-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I like the woman who said the other woman's body was her best feature..."under all that fat" :eek:

bounceswoosh
05-17-2008, 04:40 PM
I like the woman who said the other woman's body was her best feature..."under all that fat" :eek:

That pair made me laugh and made me sad at the same time, because it was pretty clear to me (not sure if it was actually stated) that it was a mother/daughter pair, and while the mother half of the equation was more blunt than my mom ... well, it hit a little close to home.

I got sick of my mom using my supposed family history of diabetes as an excuse to pick on me about my weight and eating habits a few years ago; went to my doctor and asked her about it. Yes, I was overweight, but she just laughed at the idea that a few distant relatives constituted a family history. She said I should tell my mom to kiss off (direct quote) and that she can't even begin to describe how hurtful this kind of parental behavior is, and how often she sees it.

Now that I've quit gluten and made a few other changes *for my belly health* I've also lost a lot of bulk, and when my parents visited last week, it was so gratifying to have my parents talking about how great I looked for once -- even as at the same time I wish I could somehow not care what they think or say.

Zen
05-17-2008, 05:17 PM
it was so gratifying to have my parents talking about how great I looked for once -- even as at the same time I wish I could somehow not care what they think or say.

I know exactly what you mean. I've seen it so many times and lived it as well. Both my parents are gone but still I wish I could have had "normal" parents who were a little more accepting and encouraging.

I don't think they had very good examples to learn from though.

7rider
05-18-2008, 03:54 AM
I think the last two dogs were great.
He with his "classical" Roman-grecco physique. And her with the retort, "Yeah...a normal sized fig life would do."

bounceswoosh
05-18-2008, 07:11 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I've seen it so many times and lived it as well. Both my parents are gone but still I wish I could have had "normal" parents who were a little more accepting and encouraging.

I don't think they had very good examples to learn from though.

*nod* My parents -- all parents, or at least most, I hope -- do the best they can. When I look at what little I know about my parents' lives growing up -- they have overcome some tough stuff to become pretty great parents (and people!). There's just some stuff they don't quite get.

milkbone
05-26-2008, 09:32 AM
LOL "I'd like to know kung fo....that would be cool.":D

Thanks for the laugh, loved the pugs and pigs too...

nancielle
05-26-2008, 02:18 PM
:D "If I cared what I looked like I'd shave and put my teeth in" :D

For some reason I can't get the video to load but I recognize this quote.
I love "Creature Comforts" (Saturdays, 10 p.m.ET, Animal Planet). The goat actually sounds (and looks) like someone I know. :eek:

LesFex
07-17-2008, 10:59 PM
I liked the two dogs were great...and others also very funny............