PDA

View Full Version : Party Pardee 2005

NorthTahoe
03-20-2005, 06:27 PM
I signed up for the 50 K on April 2. I am brand new to cycling and organized rides. Due to our bad weather all my training has been inside, so I will be learning to use my gears at the event. I am worried about the hills. Has anyone done this ride and can give me an idea of the hills, traffic, help along the way etc. I am doing the ride by myself, so am a little scared as it is my first time! Thanks for the help.

Veronica
03-20-2005, 07:11 PM
I took out all the extra stuff, so now this just shows elevation.

V.

SadieKate
03-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Veronica, do you know if the shorter route follow the same general route as the metric? I think NorthTahoe is going to do the half-metric ride.

Thanks for the profile! Now, I need lots of sun for the next 2 weeks to get back to training.

Veronica
03-21-2005, 04:05 AM
I don't know where the shorter route goes. I tried to find some mention of it on their website - nothing. There is an e mail address for the event organizer, you may try asking him for a route description.

Veronica

NorthTahoe
03-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Thank you so much for the help. One of the reasons I am taking up a new sport and going on the rides is to meet nice people like the two of you! We have two feet of fresh snow! If anyone likes to snow ski the conditions are great. right now.