PDA

View Full Version : mildew, anyone?

IFjane
04-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi ladies - just checking in to make sure no one has washed away today. We badly need the rain and I have loved watching it fall, but I am now in fear of the river washing me away! :eek: Take care out there and I hope you all are ok.

So far, so good here - just a little mud coming down the mountain in the ditch. Nothing out of the ordinary. Let's hope it stays that way.

By the way - please send good thoughts for warmth and a little teensy bit of sun next Saturday - I am getting (re)married then - on a bike....:D

F8th637
04-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Jane, the rain has been SOMETHING today! It's done wonders to my energy level in draining it to a big whopping ZERO. The grass is beautifully green, however, from all the moisture we're getting. Here's to 'no rain vibes' for your upcoming wedding day (on a bike!) :D

IFjane
04-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Thank you F8th!

If I didn't have to prepare for the big "event" next weekend, I would have napped all day. Instead, I cleaned the guest room - in preparation for company coming Thursday - about time, huh? ;)

KnottedYet
04-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Congratulations (in advance)!

madscot13
04-20-2008, 07:20 PM
yes yes congratulations!

this morning we went to a brunch in Baltimore. we drove out of rainy DC to sometimes rainy but mostly dry Baltimore but then we drove back to POURING DC! we should have stayed in Baltimore

Zen
04-20-2008, 07:54 PM
It's a deluge, I tells 'ya.
Glad to hear I'm not the only rain slug.

divingbiker
04-21-2008, 01:39 AM
Yeah, I'm sick of this, and so are the dogs (though we managed to find two breaks in the rain yesterday to get our walks in.)

I'm not riding my bike to work today, because I don't want to ride home in a thunderstorm. Feeling a bit wimpish, but I'm just not up to it today.:(

Oh, and have a great wedding, Jane!

Velobambina
04-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Happy Wedding, Jane. Lots of sunshine!!

I rode yesterday and this morning. Both rides were drenchers. Today, it there was some flooding on the MUC. Saturday was beautiful, though.

Kalidurga
04-21-2008, 02:43 AM
Congrats, Jane, I hope you have a beautiful day no matter what the weather!

I actually got off my weather-weenie slug butt and went for a hike along the Potomac up above Harper's Ferry yesterday. Didn't even zip my rain jacket or put my hood up, and had to put a towel on the seat of the car before I got in to drive home. It was great :D

Guess the rest of us need to begin watching next weekend's weather forecast, too...

7rider
04-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Congratulations, IFJane!

You know, "they" say that rain on your wedding day is good luck. I think "they" are the optimists in this case. :rolleyes: Still, I'll be hoping for fair weather for you big day....and our big weekend! :D

DH and I spent a beautiful Saturday on the Bay, fishing. It was great. Yesterday (Sunday) we supported the local economy (i.e., shopped).

My rain barrel is officially overflowing.