PDA

View Full Version : Jersey sizing

sulis
03-08-2005, 05:51 AM
I am looking at buying some jerseys off of ebay. Money is tight so I would rather get a few used ones than spend my entire budget on one. :rolleyes:
I am looking at women's jersies but also looking at some of the men's jersies as there as so many more online to choose from. I wear a women's medium jersey-- Would that be a men's small or xs?

fixedgeargirl
03-08-2005, 07:40 AM
I have trouble finding anything *cheap* in my size (xs) on ebay. By the time the bidding closes, the prices are the same as I would pay for something off the sale rack at the LBS. Add to that shipping and the lack of immediate gratification (Iwant it NOW!,lol), and I've become disillusioned with trying to get apparel that way.

Anyway, to answer your question, you'd probably wear a men's small. I personally don't care for "unisex" jerseys. Women's jerseys have narrower shoulders and the princess seaming enhances the performance of the fancy performance fabrics by keeping them close to your skin.

As I've looked for jerseys in my size, I've found that I pay the same buying off the local sale rack or from the sales from online retailers as I would for something off ebay.

HTH

bounceswoosh
03-10-2005, 01:06 PM
I am looking at women's jersies but also looking at some of the men's jersies as there as so many more online to choose from. I wear a women's medium jersey-- Would that be a men's small or xs?

I hate to suggest this (because I feel that if you're using a bricks-and-mortar store to get info you can't get online, you should also then buy their products at their prices), but have you considered going to some local stores that carry jerseys and trying them on to see the difference?

I like some of the men's Primal graphics, and I've found that I have to go one size smaller in men's than women's. But Primal jerseys seem to run small, anyway, so while I'd usually wear a women's large, in Primal it's women's XL or men's large.

caligurl
03-11-2005, 07:47 AM
I wear a women's medium jersey-- Would that be a men's small or xs?

that depends on the manufacturer.. (just like with womens!) i wear a small women's in PI, sugoi, most good brands, but a medium in performance store brand.. when i got my tour de palm springs jersey.. i got a men's small... the small would have been too tight!

you may have to look up the manufacturer's site and see what their sizing chart is to determine what you need!

neuroticcyclist
03-30-2005, 05:19 PM
You should also know that competitive (or many European cut) men's jerseys are cut leaner/tighter than "club" style.

If you look on the voler website (a maker of team jerseys) there is a full sizing chart and it shows the difference between club and competitive jerseys.

mikki
03-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Hello, all. I have the opposite problem...... XL is too small, by about 8 inches or so. Even the men's XXX jerseys won't go over my bust. Sometimes I love 'em, sometimes I don't. :rolleyes: Any suggestions for someone my size?

SadieKate
03-31-2005, 07:44 AM
I think both Mt Borah and Terry do plus sizes. I think TE carries them. Have you looked at the sizing charts for those? It's really frustrating how this stuff is sized.

VenusdeVelo
04-16-2005, 11:52 AM
I've also found, if you are vertically challenged (as I am, I am 5'3") -- men's jerseys are too long in the torso for me, and they are cut for a very straight torso. If you are curvy, you will probably not like the fit esp if you are used to a woman's jersey.

KSH
04-27-2005, 07:28 PM
I hear ya about needing to save MONEY on buying JERSEY'S!

I simply cannot afford to pay $50-$70 for a jersey.

So, I sat down and did searches on the internet for cycling jersey's. I have found some on sale/discontinued... and that worked out great.

Thus far, I have bought a total of 3 brand new jersey's for a grand total of $100, that includes shipping too. Mind you, I spent time and was patient... so I knew what a good price was. It took me about 1-2 months before I finally purchased something.

I will admit though that I found one jersey in a bike shop on the discount rack... and I love it!

So, if eBay does not work out... and it seems that by the bidding is done, you don't really get a deal... start searching the internet.

PS- I bought one jersey from this site (it was in the discontinued section?)... just got it today... I paid a total of $31.00 for it... and I can already tell it's going to be my favorite now!

RoadRaven
04-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Sounds like there's an opening for a business for women's jerseys....

We get most of our jerseys either in sales/end-of-lines from internet sites (like probike kit) and some from a site here called "trade-me" which is a internet auction place based in NZ...