PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Cinderella Dinner

snapdragen
03-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Bruno’s has passed on. Bruno’s is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late restaurant. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-restaurant.

**SO**

There is a Romano's Macaroni Grill in Dublin -- 4805 Hacienda Drive. Will this work for all who are attending? Any other suggestions? Unless jobob and I actually go bar-hopping....er, um, ahem, I mean go on a reconaissance dining mission to check out other Plesanton hot spots. I'm just not that familiar with the area any more.

jobob
03-07-2005, 07:27 PM
anything for the cause ! :D

slinkedog
03-08-2005, 10:16 AM
My sister lives out that way. Let me ask her and her hubby if they have any recommendations. I know downtown Pleasanton is supposed to have some really neat little restaurants.

Trek420
03-08-2005, 11:39 AM
"Bruno’s has passed on. Bruno’s is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late restaurant. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-restaurant."

Is it pining for the fjords? :rolleyes: :cool: ;)

snapdragen
03-08-2005, 12:49 PM
I was wondering when someone would catch on........

slinkedog
03-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Okay, are you going to enlighten us as to the joke?

I talked to my sister and she didn't have any good ideas for us. She lives in Tracy. She knows San Ramon/Danville well, but not Dublin/Pleasanton. Sorry.

snapdragen
03-08-2005, 06:19 PM
It's from Monty Python - The Dead Parrot Sketch. Was also paraphrased by one of the MP members, at Graham Chapman's funeral when he passed away a few years back. "Graham has ceased to exist......"

slinkedog
03-08-2005, 06:56 PM
I figured it must be some MP thing. My fave is the one from The Secret Policeman's Other Ball where the rich guys at the men's club are all sitting around trying to outdo one another about how poor they were as children. :)

Thanks for sharing!!