PDA

View Full Version : Today's near miss

SouthernBelle
04-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I was headed south on Hartman Dr. this morning. It has an overpass across I40. On the exit onto Hartman a semi pulled up and stopped and the driver got out of the cab just as I topped the bridge. He was effectively blocking the right lane plus I had the light. Unknown to me a white van lost patience and went around the truck on the far side, out of my sight. He kept going and we both hit the intersection at the same time.

I went around him. I don't know how I did it, but I did. I was yelling bloody murder the whole time. (Meg will tell you I have been known to stop cars with my voice.) He never braked at all. Just inches.

I stopped to recover myself and a lady stopped to make sure I was OK. She had seen the whole thing and I think it scared her more than me. She said she was screaming, "Bike, Bike!" In retrospect I realize she had a little guy in the car with her; I bet it scared him too.

redrhodie
04-06-2008, 04:25 PM
OMG! Scary! Good for you for getting around it! I know that feeling of wind off a too close car, and it is awful. Glad you're okay!

Grog
04-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Glad you're okay.

Using your voice is a great idea!

OakLeaf
04-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Phew, glad you're okay. Good job missing him.

SouthernBelle
04-07-2008, 05:03 AM
I actually had a nice ride after that!