PDA

View Full Version : Foot numbness

cycling@42
08-31-2002, 06:04 AM
Hi all. Last post (only post) was about my knee pain. Now I have a problem with numb feet! The other day I had to quit riding after 28 miles because of my feet. The rest of my body could have kept on going. I get numbness at the balls of my feet. I have Shimano PD-M515 clipless pedals and Nike lace shoes. I was at a pig roast last night and spoke to a guy that rides a ton and runs. I was asking if it could be the pedals or shoes. He said he feels it is just a process that occurs due to aging. Now, that doesn't make me happy! Yes, I am over 40 but...!!! What do you all think?

pennys
08-31-2002, 12:36 PM
are your shoes too tight? Happens to me if I make the velcro too tight.
geargrrl.

ayermail2
08-31-2002, 03:33 PM
after loosening your shoes, you may want to see if the cleat is directly under the ball of your foot. some people (like me!) need to have the cleat slightly (only slightly) behind the ball joint so that pedal pressure isn't exerted directly on the nerves there... (read that also in Ned Overend's book "Mountain Bike Like a Champion", so I knew I wasn't the only one...)

cycling@42
09-03-2002, 03:44 AM
Thank you both! The cleat may need to be adjusted. It would make sense for me to move it back. I have Morton's Neuromas on both feet. Taking the pressure off the nerves would help greatly!!