PDA

View Full Version : Looking for riders after work-Metro West

Imperfectstorm
03-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Greetings Ladies,

I got fat and need to get out and ride. I'm looking for people who want to ride for about an hour after work. I would like to start out on bike paths until I slim down. I have lights, I don't want deal with twits yelling vulger things at me.

Any takers?

DebW
03-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Check out the NEBC women's rides (http://northeastbicycleclub.org/home/article/480/2008-tuesday-night-womens-ride-to-start-may-6th) on Tuesday starting May 6

SheFly
03-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks, Deb, for the plug! No yelling twits on these rides (at least for the most part :D) and there is a group/pace for everyone! Hope that you will consider joining us, and if you do, be sure to introduce yourself with your screen name!

SheFly (aka Cathy - NEBC women's 3/4 team captain)

Crankin
03-31-2008, 03:29 PM
I might try to join these rides this year, but I am afraid that if I never get into shape, I will have to be with the slowest group....
The weather seems to be thwarting most of my riding plans and I am not as hearty as SheFly.

I can't remember the last time I was yelled at; maybe 5 years ago? There are so many cyclists around Concord, Acton, etc. that no one really looks at it as weird.

Imperfectstorm
03-31-2008, 05:55 PM
Thank you ladies, I will be out there. I will ride some paths to get my confidence back.