PDA

View Full Version : Umm..horses n elevators don't mix

crazycanuck
03-24-2008, 03:21 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7310907.stm

:rolleyes: *snort* heeeee heeee..*shakes head*...ohhh dear..

lph
03-24-2008, 04:26 AM
:D Excellent... :D

I had a pony growing up. She was no. 2 in the chain of command so she got to roam around freely (my mother's horse was no. 1 and had to be tethered), and she was forever poking her big snout into the kitchen looking for handouts. And once she did indeed come clomping all the way in...

7rider
03-24-2008, 06:21 AM
I had read another version of that article.
I thought the funniest part was when the patient did see the animal and exlaimed "that's not my horse!".
D'oh!! :eek:

Starfish
03-24-2008, 06:48 AM
wow, my first thought was, now that's a bombproof horse!

MomOnBike
03-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Oddly, that reminds me of the time that my Dad, Grandpa and I were sitting out on the front porch watching my pony graze and discussing how she'd go through any gate just to see what's on the other side.

One thing led to another and pretty soon Bitty Babe was in the living room looking around with an "Oh, so this is the stable the people live in" look on her face. All was well until Grandma came boiling out of the kitchen demanding that the horse be removed from her living room. (Humph! She was a Shetland pony; we could have brought in a Quarter Horse...)

It was only on the way out that the screen door broke...

Odd, how all all my family stories tend to end with "... and, boy, did {female relative} get mad!"

KnottedYet
03-24-2008, 07:31 PM
I also got a kick out of how it wasn't the patient's horse after all.

(but he went outside to visit it, which had to be good for him!)

ginny
03-25-2008, 09:37 AM
my best friend was just here visiting when her young son got in an accident and ended up in the hospital. In the midst of her rearranging flights etc to get home, she called and spoke with him. Did he want her to bring anything to him? No, mom, that's okay. Really? Nothing? How about a pony? (they have eight horses)? His response... okay, that sounds fun!... She then had to backtrack and explain that she didn't think one of the horses was allowed in the hospital. I think he's getting a wee... :D

latelatebloomer
04-07-2008, 06:22 PM
haven't had time to check this out before. My thoughts?

Someone in England has a loyal, dear, amazingly giving friend. Maybe not the world's smartest feller, but wow, talk about a friend that would do anything for you...and good for a laugh, too.

and the poor horse thinking, "man, what was all THAT about? I don't even know that guy!"

signed, LLB, a day late and a dollar short, again

Tweet
04-10-2008, 11:20 AM
lol

TryToKeepUp
04-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Haha, That's so oddly thoughtful, though it was in fact the wrong horse.