PDA

View Full Version : Trail access issues

pennys
08-25-2002, 06:26 AM
National Mountain Bicycling Strategic Action Plan

http://www.blm.gov/mountain_biking/

The BLM (Bureau of Land Management) is seeking input on mountain biking as they formulate a strategic plan. If you care about access, please read and submit comments.

thanks

penny s

han-grrl
08-26-2002, 04:28 AM
Hi Ladies

i can't stress enough to submit comments to this plan. In Canada, there are PLENTY of problems with mtb access. Hikes and bikers need to find a way to share land. In Ottawa, there is a risk of losing our access completely because of "rogue" mtb who go into hiker only trails. Not only that, when mtb DON'T respond to plans two things might happen: no trails for mtb because the government just assumes people aren't interested OR the government comes up with THEIR version of a trail, which in this area is a gravel road. (YUCK.) So PLEASE take the time and write up some comments. I always hear people complain about how long it takes, it doesn't take long at all. Read through part of the plan and think how it might affect you.

Hannah

ayermail2
08-27-2002, 05:46 PM
Penny S -

Thank you for posting the MTB access plan website - I have reposted the link on a local list here as well.....