PDA

View Full Version : spinning certification advice?

Dogmama
03-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi all,

I'm working on getting my ACSM personal training certification and want to be certified as a spinning instructor as well. Madd Dog will be doing a training here in May. Is this a good certification? Is it accepted in most clubs, or do they want their own certification? I know Bally's teaches "Reaction Cycling" but don't know if they (or other clubs) accept a Madd Dog, or other, certifications.

I could probably ask around, but the staff & personal trainers at my club are about 10 years old & too busy gossiping...

Thanks.

BTW, ACSM is tough!

Zen
03-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Can't you ask the spin instructors at your gym?

Yes, ACSM is tough. I wish all trainer certs were that tough.

Miranda
03-09-2008, 12:24 AM
I have not started teaching yet, but am certified thru Mad Dogg Athletics. It's very well known. They protect the offical "spinning" name fiercely. The club must meet certain criteria to call their program "spinning". Otherwise, it's some other name of stationary cycling. Granted you do not have to teach at a "spinning" only certified facility. Unless the management requires their specific program. I think it is a well developed model that would be worth your time if those are your desires. :)

Dogmama
03-09-2008, 03:40 AM
Can't you ask the spin instructors at your gym?

Yes, ACSM is tough. I wish all trainer certs were that tough.

The spin instructors just know Reaction Cycling. To be honest, I'm not impressed with any of them. They do very unsafe things on the spin bikes.

Zen
03-09-2008, 12:55 PM
I've never even heard of Reaction and yes, I've seen instructors do unsafe things too. Like putting one leg up on the handlebars to stretch while still seated.
I'm pretty sure no one teaches that during cert clinics.

TNGIRL
03-10-2008, 07:45 AM
I would recommend both the Madd Dog and ACSM certification. I have both and they are highly respected. Be sure to check out the information on Continuing education credits. The CEC's can be costly.

Dogmama
03-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I would recommend both the Madd Dog and ACSM certification. I have both and they are highly respected. Be sure to check out the information on Continuing education credits. The CEC's can be costly.

Thanks! It helps knowing that I'm doing all this work for something good. I know the continuing education requirements are expensive. Hopefully, though, they have substance that I can pass along to my (future) clients.

Zeek
03-13-2008, 08:04 AM
I am a certified spinning instructor (STAR 3) with MDA. Although their program has lots of room for improvement (some--not all--of the CECs are stale and could use some revising) their organization is respected in the IDC community (but IMHO they lost some credibility when Johnny left). All in all, if you want to get certified to teach spinning, I would go through MDA. Reaction Cycling is taught for Bally Total Fitness. It's a Schwinn certification.

Julibird
03-14-2008, 12:41 PM
I am a certified spinning instructor (STAR 3) with MDA. Although their program has lots of room for improvement (some--not all--of the CECs are stale and could use some revising) their organization is respected in the IDC community (but IMHO they lost some credibility when Johnny left). All in all, if you want to get certified to teach spinning, I would go through MDA. Reaction Cycling is taught for Bally Total Fitness. It's a Schwinn certification.

I agree with Zeek. I am MDA certified and was happy with my cert. The master instructor (MI) who taught me was great. MIs are not all created equal - most are probably good, but I know that there are some duds.

There are two indoor cycling instructor forums that are GREAT resources for all things pertaining to indoor cycling, like Innercycling.com.

One thing to add - if you are interested in training with power and know of facilities with CycleOPs studio bikes with power taps, or the new LeMond RevMasters with estimated power, you might look into the new certification from CycleOps. Some of the best MIs from MDA are now working for this program and it is THE platinum standard, in my opinion. Only worth it if you have the facilities nearby, though.

han-grrl
03-15-2008, 07:09 AM
I would recommend the original of spin - Mad Dog.
I just find the program is better structured that other certifications.

H

Dogmama
03-15-2008, 07:14 AM
I would recommend the original of spin - Mad Dog.
I just find the program is better structured that other certifications.

H

H - thanks. I'm registered for May 3 to go through their orientation. I did a lot of research (I'm a tad anal...) and it does look like a good program.

Zeek
03-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Being anal is not a bad thing. Do you know who your M.I. will be? If you call Mad Dogg, they should be able to tell you.

Dogmama
03-19-2008, 05:58 AM
What is "M.I."?

tulip
03-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Master Instructor?

How about Cycle Reebok? Any opinions or knowledge about that program?

Julibird
03-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Master Instructor?

I have NO knowledge of Reebok. But, I know that MDA seems to have more respect among instructors in my area, fair or not. The other cert. that gets you in the door in my area is Schwinn.

You can't lose with a Spinning cert. It may or may not be the best, but it is a standard that is recognized everywhere.

My .02.

Zeek
03-24-2008, 08:18 AM
What is "M.I."?

Master Instructor (or "Master Presenter" also). Some are great, some aren't so great. I'm curious to see who your presenter will be.

Funhog
03-28-2008, 04:10 PM
I'll throw in my $.02, but it's obviously a bit biased here (I'm an MI for Mad Dogg Athletics, although I am an independent contractor, not a paid employee). I've seen a lot of crazy stuff over the past 11 years of certifying instructors and presenting at conferences. I've also written some of the workshops when I realized there wasn't enough cycling related workshops (the roadie in me). My biggest pet peeve is when instructors don't Keep it Real, even if they don't ride a bike outside (that is, the aerobics on a bike stuff and the super-high crazy cadences that don't make sense).

That being said, you can have an instructor leave an orientation, believe in the program, promise herself (or himself) that she/he will stick to the program and then start teaching at a club where no one uses HR monitors, no one likes to sit in the saddle for endurance rides, the most popular instructors are drill sergeants and do tons of contraindicated moves (i.e. unsafe moves), everything is beat driven at high cadences.... So this poor instructor will start teaching the "other way" in order to be more popular and may even make up a few new moves. Sigh... I guess once they've gotten certified, you can't force everyone to follow the program.

As several have already pointed out, there are some good MIs, and some so-so ones. That's the case in any program. But I think we have some pretty good ones, and if you're in the southwest, the ones I know on this side of the country are pretty good, if not great.

As far as the program itself, it originated from road cycling and is based on sound physiological and training principles. We have always taught heart rate training, which is so very important. There have been some changes over the years, as new things were learned, as well as an effort to make it even more applicable to real outdoor riding. There was a mind-body connection in Spinning long before it became hip to do so (Johnny was deep into martial arts and brought that aspect into Spinning). You can't disconnect the mind from the body, so those who pooh-pooh it (even some of the other certifying agencies) are missing one of the greatest things you can do to improve your performance: utilize the mind-body connection.

My personal opinion, if I can take off my MI hat, is that Spinning was the original, it's the best, and you will not go wrong. But as in everything in life, it's not the end of your education. You must support the certification with CED, with conferences (there is truly no experience quite like WSSC, the World Spinning and Sports Conference, in Miami late May/early June), with reading HR training books, coaching books and articles, etc. Some Spinning CED is excellent, some of the workshops are a little stale as someone said. (PM me if you are thinking of attending one and want my honest opinion on the good ones). The fact remains, MDA and Spinning is an education company, and no one has the type of CED that they provide.

True, it was a bummer when Johnny G left, and I do miss his inspiration, but the program thrives without him and in some ways is even better.

I'm not representing Mad Dogg in this post, I am just telling you what I know from my own perspective! Hope it adds to what you already know...

Zeek
03-28-2008, 07:45 PM
True, it was a bummer when Johnny G left, and I do miss his inspiration, but the program thrives without him and in some ways is even better.

I beg to differ. Pardon the temporary hijack of the thread. There is absolutely no way on this earth that the spinning program is better without Johnny. Please.

Zen
03-28-2008, 09:46 PM
She did say "in some ways" and is obviously expressing an opinion, something we are all entitled to whether you agree or disagree.
Thank you

Dogmama
03-29-2008, 05:55 AM
I'm just glad to hear that this is a good certification. Now, I'm hoping there are enough people enrolled so that they'll hold the class. Do you think they'll tell me? ACSM doesn't look like it will go because there aren't enough people (two) for the workshop...:(

Zeek
03-29-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm just glad to hear that this is a good certification. Now, I'm hoping there are enough people enrolled so that they'll hold the class. Do you think they'll tell me? ACSM doesn't look like it will go because there aren't enough people (two) for the workshop...:(

Dogmama MDA will definitely be able to tell you if there are enough participants enrolled for the certification. Matter of fact, I would highly recommend calling them a few weeks in advance to make sure it's still on. Good luck--I think you will enjoy the day.

Zeek
03-29-2008, 08:01 AM
She did say "in some ways" and is obviously expressing an opinion, something we are all entitled to whether you agree or disagree.
Thank you

Yep you are right. I was out of line. Apologies, Funhog. My comment was a bit harsh. Please forgive.

Funhog
03-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Yep you are right. I was out of line. Apologies, Funhog. My comment was a bit harsh. Please forgive.

Absolutely, Zeek, no worries. I know how passionate some people are about Johnny, and don't get me wrong, I dig the guy and knew him and trained with him for many years. I thank him weekly for bringing Spinning to the world, because he was the brainchild behind this whole program that we all love. It's brought health and fitness and joy and high performance to millions. But the program wasn't only Johnny, and that's what I mean is it can survive and thrive without him. It has to, and that's the goal of the Master Instructors. None of us can be like Johnny - no one can ever be quite like Johnny!! ;) But we can share our love for what we do and inspire others to share that with their students.

He was a pretty sick puppy when he left with some pretty serious heart issues. Thank God he's doing much much better (ANd he's got another great program on the horizon...).

I am working on my workshops for the Spinning conference in Miami in 2 months, and putting together my playlists (I even have a playlist on my iPod called "Potential WSSC 2008 songs" and was playing it tonight at dinner). Even this far ahead, in fact beginning months ago, I've been planning my music and cueing. It's kicka$$ at that conference, and so much fun and a whole lotta learning going on. If anyone here is an instructor, there is simply no better way to put your teaching into hyperdrive than going to WSSC!

Dog
03-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi Dogmama,

I'm a MDA Star 2 Trainer and have been teaching Spin classes at a local studio since 2004. I've also taken HeartZones instructor certification and a certification through NW Training (either reebok or Schwinn....can't remember). I think the MDA training was the best and basically teach the MDA format. Warning - you can spend a lot of hours developing Spin profiles!

Funhog - I would love to attend the Miami conference someday. I hope it is okay if I reach out to you occasionally.

Resi
04-01-2008, 05:22 AM
I don't know which certification is better, it all depends on the the person which instructs the class. In my gym there are five instructors and only one knows what it's all about (she is an athlete and biker), the rest don't have a clue. I see so many spinning students on bikes doing everything wrong, but no instructor corrects them... my opinion... there is a lack of good edu for fitness instructor in every directions...it's to easy to get the certification.

Resi

Funhog
04-04-2008, 09:19 AM
In my gym there are five instructors and only one knows what it's all about (she is an athlete and biker), the rest don't have a clue. I see so many spinning students on bikes doing everything wrong, but no instructor corrects them... my opinion... there is a lack of good edu for fitness instructor in every directions...it's to easy to get the certification.

Resi

This is unfortunately so true...too many instructors have no clue about good form or how to correct riders, or even anything about physiology. This is what I am personally on a crusade to change, through my own orientations and sessions at WSSC; and I know many other Master Instructors feel the same way, but I can't speak for each and every one of them in all the different programs.

But alas...there will always be those instructors who don't give a sh*@ and just teach what they want and not worry about safety and effectiveness of their classes.

I would add that there is not a lack of good education for fitness instructors... there is a LOT of great education out there. Lots of great conferences, continuing ed, workshops, home studies, etc. For Spinning, and indoor cycling, there are great Continuing Ed workshops and WSSC is an amazing way to learn and grow as an instructor and to be better at coaching, correcting students, creating profiles, understanding physiology and training principles, etc.

The problem Resi, is that far too many instructors think they don't NEED to learn more. They think they know it all. Or they think they can't afford it (I say they can't afford not to do it). Or they don't take the time to learn more. personally, I believe that if you take the step to get certified, and are teaching students to push themselves (maybe even to intensities that they shouldn't be doing) then you have an OBLIGATION to keep up to date, and to learn as much as possible.

I can't figure it out, :confused: because if I didn't constantly update my profiles, my cueing, and my own motivation through CED, or keep up to date with the latest training principles, I would go crazy. And I have been teaching this stuff to others for 11 years! I still need more for me. CANI - Constant and Never-ending Improvement. We all need it, no matter what you're teaching or what you're doing. EVERYONE needs to learn more, to improve.

If I had my druthers, I'd make it a requirement for IDC instructors to already have some sort of certification in fitness prior to getting certified. There are some who don't even know how to tell you what "aerobic" and "anaerobic" mean...

sigh...I'll get off my soapbox now!

Dogmama, do you know who your MI will be? What town is the orientation in?

Funhog
04-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Hi Dogmama,

I'm a MDA Star 2 Trainer and have been teaching Spin classes at a local studio since 2004. I've also taken HeartZones instructor certification and a certification through NW Training (either reebok or Schwinn....can't remember). I think the MDA training was the best and basically teach the MDA format. Warning - you can spend a lot of hours developing Spin profiles!

Funhog - I would love to attend the Miami conference someday. I hope it is okay if I reach out to you occasionally.

Anytime! What's your name? Don't know if I'd feel right calling you "Dog"! :rolleyes: [BTW, I love your signature quote by Danny Kaye! What a great description of life!!]

I'm creating a Facebook profile where I plan to post a lot of my Spinning profiles and discussions on coaching, cueing and training. I'll let you know when I get that done... For now there is some basics up at: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=684623038 It has some photos of WSSC from the past few years as well.

Resi
04-04-2008, 09:55 AM
This is unfortunately so true...too many instructors have no clue about good form or how to correct riders, or even anything about physiology. This is what I am personally on a crusade to change, through my own orientations and sessions at WSSC; and I know many other Master Instructors feel the same way, but I can't speak for each and every one of them in all the different programs.

But alas...there will always be those instructors who don't give a sh*@ and just teach what they want and not worry about safety and effectiveness of their classes.

I would add that there is not a lack of good education for fitness instructors... there is a LOT of great education out there. Lots of great conferences, continuing ed, workshops, home studies, etc. For Spinning, and indoor cycling, there are great Continuing Ed workshops and WSSC is an amazing way to learn and grow as an instructor and to be better at coaching, correcting students, creating profiles, understanding physiology and training principles, etc.

The problem Resi, is that far too many instructors think they don't NEED to learn more. They think they know it all. Or they think they can't afford it (I say they can't afford not to do it). Or they don't take the time to learn more. personally, I believe that if you take the step to get certified, and are teaching students to push themselves (maybe even to intensities that they shouldn't be doing) then you have an OBLIGATION to keep up to date, and to learn as much as possible.

I can't figure it out, :confused: because if I didn't constantly update my profiles, my cueing, and my own motivation through CED, or keep up to date with the latest training principles, I would go crazy. And I have been teaching this stuff to others for 11 years! I still need more for me. CANI - Constant and Never-ending Improvement. We all need it, no matter what you're teaching or what you're doing. EVERYONE needs to learn more, to improve.

If I had my druthers, I'd make it a requirement for IDC instructors to already have some sort of certification in fitness prior to getting certified. There are some who don't even know how to tell you what "aerobic" and "anaerobic" mean...

sigh...I'll get off my soapbox now!

You speack out of my heart, I am on a crusade too. Last week I had a big dispute with my friends which are instructors about this topic and now they don't talk to me anymore. Well I guess to bad... Exactly what you say, they think they know it all, well they don't. Anyway to make a difference, I decided to get me educated in personal trainer, spinning and Pilate's/reformer and what ever interests me... I come from a professional ballet career (now retired), I know how hard you have to work and to keep you updated. You said it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry my English is maybe not the best, hope you all understand.

Oh by the way, you organize biketrips in Europe? I am from Europe...

Thanks for the moral support.

You take care

Resi

P.S.: I will be in Colorado riding the tour de Colorado, maybe you are there too?

Dogmama
04-04-2008, 12:19 PM

I don't know who my MI is. The workshop is May 3 in Tucson. I am just hoping that it isn't cancelled for lack of interest. My ACSM workshop was just cancelled for that reason...

Funhog
04-04-2008, 02:35 PM
You speack out of my heart, I am on a crusade too. Last week I had a big dispute with my friends which are instructors about this topic and now they don't talk to me anymore. Well I guess to bad... Exactly what you say, they think they know it all, well they don't. Anyway to make a difference, I decided to get me educated in personal trainer, spinning and Pilate's/reformer and what ever interests me... I come from a professional ballet career (now retired), I know how hard you have to work and to keep you updated. You said it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry my English is maybe not the best, hope you all understand.

Oh by the way, you organize biketrips in Europe? I am from Europe...

Thanks for the moral support.

You take care

Resi

P.S.: I will be in Colorado riding the tour de Colorado, maybe you are there too?

Your English is just fine! ;)

Where in Europe are you from? I currently do tours in France and Italy, but have also done Switzerland and Denmark. I have lots of plans for adding more regions - Spain, Croatia, Prague, Austria, Ireland, etc.

Is it the Bicycle Tour of Colorado that you're doing? Or the Ride the Rockies? I can't usually take a whole week off for that, but i would love to. I might be in Europe for 3 weeks this summer doing R&D for tours. I love riding around here - it's pretty challenging. Hope you're doing lots of climbing!!

cheers!

Jennifer

Dogmama
04-05-2008, 03:20 PM

I just checked the spinning website - my MI is Lori Pro.

On another note, do you carry liability insurance as a spinning instructor?

Zeek
04-05-2008, 05:36 PM
I don't see any M.I. by that name in the listing of M.I.'s on the spinning.com website. Funhog, since you are an M.I., am I missing something? :confused:

Dogmomma I don't carry any insurance as a spinning instructor but I am considered an employee by the club where I teach (albeit part-time). I am covered under the club's insurance plan. I'm not sure what it would mean for an independent contractor. Sorry I couldn't help. Hopefully someone else can jump in here with advice.

Dogmama
04-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Oops, it's Lorey Pro. I found the name when I checked my reservation. S/he is listed as the master instructor..

Zeek
04-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Dogma (I kinda like that as a nickname for you!) I'm still not seeing this person as an M.I. Perhaps she's new to the M.I. team? Check out this link of the M.I. team (alphabetized by first name):
http://www.spinning.com/page.asp?p_key=76D42A6C7CA0427EBC5941B30AF8DDA2

Dogmama
04-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Dogma (I kinda like that as a nickname for you!) I'm still not seeing this person as an M.I. Perhaps she's new to the M.I. team? Check out this link of the M.I. team (alphabetized by first name):
http://www.spinning.com/page.asp?p_key=76D42A6C7CA0427EBC5941B30AF8DDA2

Hmmm, dunno. She's listed as the MI in my registration - but maybe she is actually the coordinator for the Tucson workshop.:confused:

Resi
04-06-2008, 05:41 AM
Your English is just fine! ;)

Where in Europe are you from? I currently do tours in France and Italy, but have also done Switzerland and Denmark. I have lots of plans for adding more regions - Spain, Croatia, Prague, Austria, Ireland, etc.

Is it the Bicycle Tour of Colorado that you're doing? Or the Ride the Rockies? I can't usually take a whole week off for that, but i would love to. I might be in Europe for 3 weeks this summer doing R&D for tours. I love riding around here - it's pretty challenging. Hope you're doing lots of climbing!!

cheers!

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I am from Switzerland and lived for 23 years in Germany. Europe is a great place to bike, my husband and I did many Tours I may say also some of them where Epics...
The ride we are going to do is the Bicycle Tour of Colorado, I guess I have to pack extra lungs, then here in Texas it's pretty flat...

So you take care and good luck with your tourbusiness, if you need any infos about Germany/Switzerland or Austria let me know, I guess you can write me a mail.

C-ya

Resi

Resi
04-16-2008, 12:12 PM
In this Mad Dog spin instructor certification course, is there a test at the end?

Resi

Zeek
04-16-2008, 03:09 PM
You get certified and then are supposed to spend some time teaching a gig, subbing, etc. to get experience under your belt and get your spin "legs" (so to speak). Then, yes, there is a test (it's open book and a piece of cake and you take it online at your own convenience, when you are ready) to become certified at what is referred to at a LEVEL STAR ONE instructor. There is a LEVEL TWO STAR test to take (after you complete enough CECs and accumulate a certain amount of STAR points) and then the highest level is a STAR THREE instructor (except for Master Instructor--that is the highest level but you work for Mad Dogg). You can read more about it at the spinning.com website.

Resi
04-17-2008, 10:12 AM
You get certified and then are supposed to spend some time teaching a gig, subbing, etc. to get experience under your belt and get your spin "legs" (so to speak). Then, yes, there is a test (it's open book and a piece of cake and you take it online at your own convenience, when you are ready) to become certified at what is referred to at a LEVEL STAR ONE instructor. There is a LEVEL TWO STAR test to take (after you complete enough CECs and accumulate a certain amount of STAR points) and then the highest level is a STAR THREE instructor (except for Master Instructor--that is the highest level but you work for Mad Dogg). You can read more about it at the spinning.com website.

Thanks Zeek,

I like spin "legs", yes I do already have them, I am a road- and mountainbiker, so I just have to get the cert. I am tired of non qualified spininstructor which don't' know what they are doing, that's the reason I am thinking about getting certified. I took 6 years of spin classes, now that's it... I am going on the other side... I hope I will make a difference ha ha ha

Resi

Zeek
04-18-2008, 06:31 AM
I am tired of non qualified spininstructor which don't' know what they are doing, that's the reason I am thinking about getting certified. I took 6 years of spin classes, now that's it... I am going on the other side... I hope I will make a difference ha ha ha

Resi

That's the reason I became certified too. You will make a difference, a positive one. I know it.

silver
04-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Master Instructor?

I am certified through my YMCA. They teach from Cycle Reebok. I think it's a pretty basic, decent training. I still teach as if I'm road riding, cause I'm a road rider.

I am interested in Mad Dog and will be pursuing that soon.

tulip
04-21-2008, 06:52 AM
I am certified through my YMCA. They teach from Cycle Reebok. I think it's a pretty basic, decent training. I still teach as if I'm road riding, cause I'm a road rider.

I am interested in Mad Dog and will be pursuing that soon.

Thanks, Silver. I'm interested in becoming certified. I've been taking indoor cycling classes (not "real" Spinning, since it's TM) for a couple of years. I'm looking into both certifications. I would like to teach at a Y or something similar.

Dogmama
04-21-2008, 09:08 AM
I would like to teach at a Y or something similar.

I take classes at my local Y and at Bally's. The Y's classes are far better!

I don't know about your area, but you can't get rich teaching, especially at the Y. I think our Y pays $11/hour for teaching. So, it's more a gift of fitness rather than a paid job.

tulip
04-21-2008, 11:47 AM
I take classes at my local Y and at Bally's. The Y's classes are far better!

I don't know about your area, but you can't get rich teaching, especially at the Y. I think our Y pays $11/hour for teaching. So, it's more a gift of fitness rather than a paid job.

Oh, I don't expect to get rich. I expect to get free Y membership and a few bucks for the spin class and music that I know I will like at a volume that I can stand. Since my favorite instructor left the area, I now pay for a gym membership that I barely use (only the spin classes) for spin classes with bad music at way to loud a level.

FLRider
07-02-2008, 04:49 AM
IMHO . . . from teaching over ten years, the best "cycle" cert would be the real Spinning (Madd Dog) and then add on to that a couple of Sally Edwards certs so that you get the whole heart rate thing going perfectly. As for actual tests in Spinning . . . they have levels called STAR which are long written tests. Then there are plenty of add ons that are also written for particular areas of interest (CUs). The Y cert is a joke and waste of time as it does NOT cover points of FORM, counter indicated moves, music vs. program, HEART RATE, cadence to mention a few.

chiara
08-09-2008, 12:36 PM
I've been "spinning" here in Canada for about 12 years. I'm a passionate roadie and have started an indoor cycling cert program that focuses on authentic road cycling. There are two certs available. One focuses on a general fitness audience, the other on roadies during the off season (it gets cold up here) based on the principals of periodization.

C.O.R.E. CYCLING
Creating the Optimal Ride Experience

What is C.O.R.E.?
C.O.R.E. is a cycling certification program based on
principals of authentic road cycling. C.O.R.E. is one
of the most comprehensive, dynamic and kinetically
intelligent indoor cycling certification programs in
Canada. Just as the ‘core’ muscles of the body
provide a solid platform for the legs to push up
against, the C.O.R.E. philosophy is one of a strong,
supportive education for your indoor cycling program.

Why C.O.R.E.?
C.O.R.E. provides potential instructors with the tools
to craft a motivating and powerful ride from start to
finish. Whether instructing those that want to
incorporate indoor cycling into an overall fitness
regimen to the serious outdoor cyclist training off
season, a C.O.R.E. Cycling certification imparts the
knowledge to lead a class with gracious authority –
C.O.R.E. trained instructors will produce greater
measurable gains – your members will notice the
difference.

AmyjoMac
03-21-2009, 06:38 PM
My husband has a Podcast on indoor cycling and he interviewed Clair Cafaro, the owner of CORE cycling about her program. You can listen here: http://www.indoorcycleinstructor.com/?p=462