PDA

View Full Version : T-Flex seat

mahhy
08-25-2002, 03:27 AM
Has anyone tried the T-flex bike seat? I'm struggling with groin tenderness & can't seem to find a seat that reduces the discomfort. Saw this seat on e-bay, but don't want to fork over more $$$ for something that's the latest fad. Any suggestions?

BurleyGirl
09-09-2002, 01:13 PM
Oh Gosh - the seat is only half the battle... I have not tried that seat, but I would recommend trying one out before purchasing. If you have a local bike store that you work with they will normally let you try different ones to get the perfect fit, or selection for you. In addition the shorts make all the difference in the world! My husband and I went on a 400 mile / 5 day trip last year and 3 of the 5 days I wore Pearl's, the other two I work discount brands - BIG mistake! The shorts made the difference between blisters down there and not! Also, one other thing you might consider, and yes it is gross, but helps in the beginning and on longer rides is butt-balm (not vasoline which can cause other issues).

bikeonly
02-27-2004, 09:55 AM
mahhy,

I too suffer from groin tenderness and I recently bought one of those T-Flex seats from ebay from this seller truenorthtrading Click Here (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=truenorthtrading) , who's the only person selling this seat anywhere. I agree with BurleyGirl about it's not just the seat, but this one did make a huge difference. I spent over $200 trying others. When I first tried the T-Flex it seemed ackward. He recommends mounting it at a 15 degree angle, but when I mounted it at a zero degree angle it was amazing. Not a fad, I use it everyday and ride about 20 miles. I'm picking one up for my better half also.

:)

Edited to add a pic
http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/5a/bf/39_1_b.JPG

Windy_Rodes
03-14-2005, 10:25 AM
I too have tried this seat. I couldn't get any info on it, except a few mentions of it on the net. I bought one from ebay 3 months ago. Good seller. I must say this seat is truely amazing. :)

slinkedog
03-14-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm interested what type of bike you've all put this seat on. I'm riding a road-racing style bike. From looking at the ad, it looks like this sadde is more for those riding hybrids.

bounceswoosh
03-14-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm interested what type of bike you've all put this seat on. I'm riding a road-racing style bike. From looking at the ad, it looks like this sadde is more for those riding hybrids.

Yeah, it's definitely too fat for mountain biking =/

Windy_Rodes
03-16-2005, 04:34 AM
As the ad mentions, the seat is made for more level to upright type bicycles. I can assure you it's not made for racing bikes. I have it on my mountain bike. The T-Flex wings are so narrow, that it allows me to fully extend my legs without and intrusions from the seat. Examine the side profile picture in the ad and you'll see what I mean. I bike at least 20 miles a day and (Not A joy ride), I mean hard biking. It has made a huge difference since I've been using it. I definetely recommend it. My biking friend has bought one too.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/truenorthtrading/Jay/mount.jpg

bounceswoosh
03-16-2005, 06:36 AM
As the ad mentions, the seat is made for more level to upright type bicycles. I can assure you it's not made for racing bikes. I have it on my mountain bike. The T-Flex wings are so narrow, that it allows me to fully extend my legs without and intrusions from the seat. Examine the side profile picture in the ad and you'll see what I mean. I bike at least 20 miles a day and (Not A joy ride), I mean hard biking. It has made a huge difference since I've been using it. I definetely recommend it. My biking friend has bought one too.

Is that even the same saddle as the one in the ebay auction? It looks totally different. I guess it's a different angle, in which case the auction guy should start using a different picture.

Do you know how wide it is across the widest part?

Is it hard or soft? It looks like it might be soft, but hard to tell from a picture.

Windy_Rodes
03-30-2005, 06:14 AM
The seller has 2 models. He doesn't mention it in the ad. The one pictured above is the sport model and is slightly firmer then his cruiser model which has more padding. As I dug for more info from him, I was convinced that the sport model was the one for me because of the trimmer design. I measured the seat for you, it's 10" wide and 8" long.

P.S. If you bid or buy, just specify that you want a Sport Model if that's what your looking for.

bounceswoosh
03-30-2005, 09:36 AM
The seller has 2 models. He doesn't mention it in the ad. The one pictured above is the sport model and is slightly firmer then his cruiser model which has more padding. As I dug for more info from him, I was convinced that the sport model was the one for me because of the trimmer design. I measured the seat for you, it's 10" wide and 8" long.

P.S. If you bid or buy, just specify that you want a Sport Model if that's what your looking for.

Wow, 10" wide. Eek! Thanks for the measurement. That's ... wide. But if it works for ya =)

Windy_Rodes
08-14-2009, 11:22 AM
My old one wore out. The seller is no longer on eBay and only has about a dozen Sport Models left. PM me if you want his email. He will give Team Estrogen a discount. :)

Bounceswoosh - It seems wide, but the depth of the wings on the T-Flex seat is narrow, Hence the "T" shape. The wings have jsut enough depth to give support where it's needed.

Biciclista
08-14-2009, 11:39 AM
can someone take a picture of their t flex saddle? I want to see!

Windy_Rodes
08-23-2009, 05:39 AM
It was hard for me to show the contour with my camera. Here's a couple of pictures. Again, you can see how the saddle design allow's for you to fully extend your leg.

Windy_Rodes
09-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Here's the eBay listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=320420787029&Category=22693