PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Global Living Tour de Grandview

JulieWhitley
02-18-2005, 05:10 AM
I’m posting the following information to your site to invite women's cycling teams to the 12th annual cycling races in Grandview Heights, Ohio. The race was formerly known as the Wendy's International Cycling Classic but we now have a great new sponsor, Global Living and on June 17, 18 and 19 Grandview will be hosting the Global Living Tour de Grandview for 3 days of GREAT racing & community events.

We’ll be hosting street sprints (June 17), a circuit race (June 18), and of course, the classic criterium race on Sunday, June 19 on the streets of Grandview.

We offer equal prize money for men's and women's teams and would love to have you race with us in Grandview.

Below is the press release that went to Cyclingnews.com on 1/24/05;

Due to significant interest on the part of racers and spectators alike, the community of Grandview Heights is once again returning its classic 3-day cycling race to its rightful place. Today, that return was made possible with the help of a new title sponsor: Global Living, a home furnishing company headquartered in Grandview Heights. Mayor Ray DeGraw, members of the Grandview Heights/Marble Cliff Area Chamber of Commerce, area residents, representatives from Global Living and Race Director J. Baumeister of Tenspeeds Production met to make the announcement. "When racers come to the Grandview Heights event this year, they are going to see how supportive this community is of this event." stated Mayor DeGraw. J. Baumeister added "Although discussion about events are ongoing, I can say that riders and teams are not going to want to miss the event this year. We have a lot of new blood in the event and they have some very exciting plans for 2005". Those plans include a new circuit race that the event organizers think will add a lot to the event, an increased prize list that will remain equal for the pro men and women's events, and increased media exposure (TV, radio & print). Information will be posted at: Tenspeeds.com

The Global Living Tour de Grandview will be held on June 17-19, 2005. This event will continue to be on the American Criterium Championship Series, the Country's premier criterium series now in its third year.

If your team needs housing Grandview has plenty of host housing available and would love to host your team members.

Also, here’s our site from the last few years when the race was sponsored by Wendy’s:

http://www.wendyscycling.com/

In the coming weeks we'll have our 2005 Global Living Tour de Grandview website up and running and I will post a message to the site when it's up and running.

If you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks for your time & we hope to hear from you!

Julie Whitley
Grandview Community Coordinator
whitleyj@columbus.rr.com