PDA

View Full Version : Spring Warm Up rides (2)

Crankin
02-17-2008, 10:34 AM
I know it's a few weeks away, but anyone who is interested in joining us, is welcome to come to our AMC spring warm up rides on March 30 and April 6. The first one leaves from Concord center and is 30 miles, with a couple of short moderate hills. The second one leaves from the Stow airfield and goes through Boxborough, Harvard and Bolton, with some considerable climbing. That one is 25 miles. These are no drop rides with my husband as the leader and me as the sweep. However, you need to be able to average at least 13-15. The second one has a couple of climbs of about a mile at a 5-8% grade.
Last year we had a great bunch of people come on these rides. We usually go for coffee afterwards.
PM me if you are interested.

Crankin
03-23-2008, 03:19 PM
OK, guys. This is next weekend. We only have one person signed up, probably since it's been so winter like. Temperatures next Sunday are predicted to be in the high forties and sunny.
It's a beautiful route and we will be going slow (13-14 average).

email me

Robyn

indigoiis
03-25-2008, 09:12 AM
I would love to but cannot do either weekend. I wish I could!

Jolt
03-25-2008, 05:30 PM
I think I'll skip this one--I'd be that annoying straggler holding up the group...especially since I haven't done any riding over the winter!

Crankin
03-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Jolt, you should come to the New Members ride on 5/10. We split the riders into 2 groups and you would be fine with the "easier" level.
It's show and go, from Concord Center.