PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Women to Join Twin Cities Velo Bella

pyxichick
02-15-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm starting my recruitment drive right now.

We're looking for a few or many good women to ride with this season. We are a really fun and approachable club with the cutest kits in town.

Everyone is welcome, even if you're brand new to cycling and just want to learn what it's all about. We encourage all disciplines: road, mountain, cross, tri, track, whatever you want to ride.

We are sponsored by an awesome local bike shop NOW Bikes, located in St. Paul and Arden Hills, from whom we receive discounted gear and service.

And if you do decide to race, you are qualified to get great discounts from our national sponsors.

If you've been considering joining a club, now is the time to do it!

We will have two weekly rides leaving from each NOW Bikes location and one Sunday Velo Bella social ride.

Our season kick-off meeting is coming up next month.

Contact me if you're interested in joining, or visit one of the NOW locations and pick up a brochure.

Happy riding!

Kate :)

pyxichick
03-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Here are the details. If you've been considering joining a cycling club, I highly encourage you to come to this meeting to learn more about Velo Bella!

Are you a female cyclist looking for fun, friendly and enthusiastic women to ride and race with?

Please join us at our …
Velo Bella

Annual Winter Kickoff Meeting!

3-5pm Sunday March 16th

3039 36th Ave South
Minneapolis

Come on out and:

 Learn more about Twin Cities Velo Bellas
 Get in on the scoop for Velo Bella's
exciting 2008 season
 Meet current and new Velo Bella team
members
 Meet Velo Bella's team coach, Fiona
Lockhart of Balance™: a fitness studio
 Get to know Bob Sumada, owner of our
sponsor shop, Now Bikes &Fitness
 Snag some sweet SCHWAG!

madscot13
03-28-2008, 03:56 PM
ahh how I wish I could join!

pyxichick
03-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Why can't you?

madscot13
03-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm a DC'er now ( i miss biking at home so much!)

pyxichick
03-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm pretty sure they have a VB group there. One of the women who used to ride with us moved there a couple years ago. It might be worth checking into.

ehirsch83
03-29-2008, 09:12 AM
They do have a VB DC area group, check out www.velobella.org or go directly to http://velobella.org/team_racerchicks.ht also here is the link to the mid atlantic groups blog http://vbmidatlantic.blogspot.com/

Hope those help!

I am jealous of the Minneapolis group! I am the only one in South Florida( I am connected with the Georgia/N.Carolina group) There supposedly were a few down here but they were only recreational riders- no racers, and they do the slower training rides around here, so I have yet to met them :(

madscot13
03-29-2008, 09:39 AM
thansk for the links I searched the webs but used the wrong search words

since summer is coming I am looking for bike routes, but I''m too scared in DC to go out on my own!

I sent off an email and I hope to hear back soon

ps pyxichick I never realized how close by I lived when I was in SP. I biked down there once a week for volunteering.

flash
04-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Yay ! More bellas - welcome !!!!

Anyone interested in learning more about Velo Bella Michigan, just ask ... we'd love to expand our group too :)

Monica

The Velo Bellas - Ride a bike. Race a bike. Have fun.

pyxichick
04-02-2008, 07:52 PM
mad, I hope you find a group to ride with. I think you'll love it.

Anyone else out there in the Twin Cities curious about racing, check out Midwest Women's Cycling Made Real, which sponsors an intro to bike racing clinic next weekend.

Cheers!
Kate

kirra77
07-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi saw your thread. I am looking for women to ride with. I am over at uptown. Where do you guys ride from? St Paul or minneapolis?

Please send me an e-mail about next ride. Thanks