PDA

View Full Version : Solvang Century

bikerchick68
02-14-2005, 09:14 AM
Hi all! Anyone else doing the Solvang Century on March 12? I will be there... this will be my 2nd century. I've heard it is one of the most beautiful rides in Socal! Looking forward to it... so anyone else signed up???

yellow
02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
My hubby and I will be there, ready or not. I figured if I signed up for it, I'd HAVE to train. We rode 75 miles last weekend and I'm hoping the weather will clear long enough for me to do another long ride this coming weekend. After last weekend my rt knee swelled up a bunch but seems to be OK now. The bod's not used to big miles, I guess.

I have family in Arroyo Grande, so we'll be staying there (and using their dogsitting services). We've not ridden in the Solvang area, though I think it'll be beautiful with all the wildflowers etc.

bikerchick68
02-18-2005, 08:42 AM
if you're aready doing 75 mile rides you'll do just fine! What's the swelling in the knee due to? I strained my IT band and finally got that issue taken care of, but man, it was brutal for a while... Aleve was recommended to me by my doc as an over the counter anti-inflamatroy... before every long ride I take one now... and on a century ride I take one pre-ride and post-ride... seems to help a lot.

I'll jump back on before the event and maybe we can figure out a way to identify ourselves... it would be cool to say hi! :)

Bike Goddess
03-09-2005, 07:57 PM
I 'm coming too! I'll be in my Benicia Bike Club jersey- Yellow/red/grey on a silver Jamis Quest with a red Helmet. I'm very tall (5'10 1/2") with salt/pepper qrey/blonde hair. Please say hi if you see me! There are about 5,000 riders- it's a big one!
nancy from Benicia :D

bikerchick68
03-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Hiya! OK... Nancy I'll look for you! I'll be on a Litespeed Tuscany and wearing a LAF Ride for the Roses jersey...I'm 5'7", 160 lbs, brown hair and eyes... my older brother is a big guy and will be with me... he will no doubt be in a NEON jersey! Can't miss him... and he's lost 75 lbs cycling!!!! :D

it should be a glorious weekend weather wise... I'm bringing my digital and will take a gazillion pics too! Hopefully we'll see each other!

yellow- let us know what you'll be riding too ok? See ya there!

yellow
03-10-2005, 11:50 AM
OK...assuming it's not too hot (!), I'll wear my standard Puppy Love jersey (which is...yellow!). If it's hot, I'll probably wear my red sleeveless jersey. I ride a maroon Specialized-compact frame...one of those funny lookin' bikes, and it's small because I'm on the short side. I'll be there with my hubby but I don't expect to ride with him; he's in much better shape and will not be able to resist the testosterone surge and will be expected to ride hard (at least at first). So I may be riding alone or with new friends that I meet while riding!

I met Nancy last weekend so I'd be able to find her in a small crowd. But, as she noted, 5000 riders is a big crowd.

Oh! And I just got my hair done, and it's very, uh, noticable. Super blonde and super short (which means that with my light blue helmet on, you may see some blondness but mostly it'll look like a woman without hair wearing a puppy love jersey.

y

Bike Goddess
03-10-2005, 04:50 PM
One more thing- I'll be camping out at the 6 Flags campground in Buellton. I'll be somewhere in the tent area.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all - Yellow- will I recognize you with your new do?

THOSE MEN....dropped me like a hot potato last weekend at the MacClane century. Let 'em roll- we'll get to smell the flowers!

I'll write down your bikes and take the slip with me- otherwise I'll forget! (Senior moments are no fun, let me tell you!)
Nancy :cool: