PDA

View Full Version : So sad. BIKES

tricycling
02-13-2005, 06:24 AM
It stinks. I was all hyped about getting a Specialized Transition Elite. But about a week after ordering it, we called specialized and they said they cant send it to us. So, I was really sad. Since I work at a bike shop, I was going to EP a bike (Employee purchase) but they only have 3 in stock so... they have to have over 10 in stock to be able to EP a bike... since i get a good discount.

Anyway, after a couple hours trying to get another bike... I am going to go with the Giant TCR1. I was going to go with the TCR Composite 3 but they didnt have that in stock either. Can you believe that the TCR Composite 3 and the TCR1 weighs both 19.9 pounds... carbon and aluminum... and it weighed the same..... we weighed them since we were curious of the comparable weight.

I am going to add on profile design CBX pro.... full carbon aerobars and bullhorns...

what kind of bikes are you guys riding?

trigurl
02-14-2005, 06:11 AM
I just got a Specialized Allez, it is sweet! I rode a Giant but didn't like the fit and the Specialized had a smoother ride. I just got to ride it outside yesterday for a few miles and I love it. Sorry, I don't know much about the bikes in my area we can only get Trek, Specialized and Giant - in my price range anyway.

I am still getting used to the clip on pedals tho, I have used the straps for years. I really like the way you pedal with the clip ons, I can tell a big diffference, my knee used to hurt for the first several minutes on a ride but no hurting now! I did have some aching after my first ride but I figure that was b/c I wasn't using the proper muscles pre-clips.