AutumnBreez
01-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Anyone in this area?
What is the cycling like there?
Paths?
group rides?

Eden
01-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Lakewood where - that's an awfully common town name.....

mimitabby
01-28-2008, 06:02 AM
yeah, that's what i was thinking :cool:

ehirsch83
01-28-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm assuming she is refering to Lakewood,CO (outside of Denver) since she is posting in the Rocky Mountain Region.

There are tons of cyclists out there, go check out the LBS's also for groups. I used to live in Boulder(am hopefully moving back in August!!) and there are tons of cyclists and great paths in all of the suburbs surrounding Denver.

solobiker
02-03-2008, 06:46 AM
It depends on what you are looking for. There are all sorts of trials and great riding in the surrounding areas.

ummbnb
02-03-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm in central Denver. Lots of great urban trails and plenty of less busy hiways to bike on all around the area.

Since I just started biking again in the early fall/late summer I've not joined any group rides but there are plenty.

Kathi
02-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Do you know where in Lakewood you are moving? I'm in S. Lakewood, near 285 and Wadsworth and can ride from my door to most areas of Denver via trails or streets. I also have easy access to Red Rocks and Golden.

The DBTC (Denver Bicycle Touring Club) has rides located in the area just about every weekend.

I am in the throes of ski season and haven't ridden since Oct. but please feel free to pm me for more information.

AutumnBreez
02-07-2008, 04:27 AM
Anyone in this area?
What is the cycling like there?
Paths?
group rides?

I am so sorry for not clarifying that...what an excited dunce.
Yes, Colorado! You are all so awesome. Thank you!
We should know within the month when this may happen.
Then the house hunting will begin. Thought that knowing about the area for biking was a priority over anything else :p

Jenerator
02-14-2008, 05:57 PM
I don't have any firsthand info on Lakewood, but here's (http://www.denvertrails.com/index.html) a good resource for Denver metro area trails.

AutumnBreez
06-18-2008, 02:55 PM
We are going to move to the area at the end of July.
Looking for a house on the internet is not easy, we will come out and look at houses beginning of July for a short trip to see a few we've picked out.
A lot of trails for riding all over out there! I'm so excited. Anyone in the area to meet once we get settled?
looking at 80125,80126,80127, that area for housing.

solobiker
06-18-2008, 04:54 PM
I live live in NW Denver which is kind of close to Lakewood. I have access to lots of the Trails from my house if I ride a few short miles. Denver the surrounding areas are great for biking just about all year. Let me know when you will be out if you want. Where will you be working? What kind of biking do you like?

Kathi
06-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Major central paths from DT Denver are the S. Platte trail, runs NS, Cherry Creek trail, runs SE and the Clear Creek trail, runs west to Golden. The C-470 and E-470 trail follow the interstates SE from near Golden to Parker. In the areas that you are looking at the C-470 trail is your access to the above trails.

80125 came up Roxoborough Park. It's near Chatfield State Park, nice area but the least accessible for riding. The C-470 bike path is your major access to other trails. The only way to get to the C-470 bike path is on Wadsworth which is 4 lane with a wide shoulder, traffic ok on a weekend. From there you can ride into Chatfield SP and access the C-470 trail and the Platte River trail. You can also access Chatfield SP on N. Rampart Range Rd and Titan Rds. 2 lanes, no shoulders as I recall and very impatient drivers. A friend said that during the week in the daytime traffic isn't bad. Roxobourgh Park is a great place for hiking. Not much there in the way of shopping, except a strip mall with a grocery store, convenient mart and gas station. There is shopping on Wadsworth, Southwest Plaza is the nearest major mall.

80126 riding is a combination of streets and bike paths. The bike paths don't look like they go anywhere, however, I don't know much about the area. There is access to the C-470 bike path, S. Platte and a variety of unpaved trails.

80127 is the farthest west. Close to C-470 bike trail which give access to Red Rocks, Golden, Bear Creek SP (and trail), Chatfield SP, and S. Platte. Terrain is hillier in this area. Closest shopping also would be Southwest Plaza. Also, not very far from I-70 which gives easy access to the Mtns. You can also ride to Golden and access the Clear Creek trail.

Wadworth Blvd in that area has just about every store you can imagine including an REI, Performance, Colorado Ski and Golf, Christy sports, Borders, Lowes, Home Depot and many restaurants. There are also bike paths that allow you to access the shopping in this area. My SO frequently rides down there for small items.

Where are you going to be working? During rush hour the major arteries get congested everywhere in the Denver area.

AutumnBreez
06-21-2008, 06:17 PM
for work, my husband will be around 6th and Kipling in Lakewood.

I have to look for work after we get an address and get kids all signed up for school.

Thank you for all the trail info!! :D

Kathi
06-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Sounds like the Federal Center for work? What kind of house are you looking for?

Here's my take on the neighborhoods you mentioned. Newer construction, more expensive, fewer trees (vegetation), longer commute (40 minutes to 1 hr. one way). Lakewood is older construction, mature trees, closer to 6th and Kipling.

Other areas to look at are Bear Creek or Bear Creek Valley? Green Mtn. and Golden.

Can't help with quality of schools around here. I do know that in our area the neighborhoods were designed so kids can walk or ride their bikes to school.

PM me if you need a realtor. There is a very nice looking house, on the outside, for sale, here in my neighborhood. Probably overpriced but should have a nice view. We're 10-15 min. from 6th and Kipling. Actually, it's an easy bike ride from our house to that area.

AutumnBreez
10-10-2008, 04:40 PM
We moved to Highlands Ranch, CO at the end of July. We are all are loving it here, making lots of friends, and we live on a cul de sac with great neighbors.
We live close to shopping, schools, and church. LOTS of Paths!

Anyone in the area to ride with? I am not too far from Chatfield Res.
I am not speedy, and I am still getting used to the altitude/elevation. Just want to get out and ride? Let me know....

adventuremom
11-01-2008, 08:44 PM
I live in the DTC and ride 3-4 times a week. I am always up for company. Let me know if your interested.