PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella

hologramqueen
02-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Greetings all..
just want to let any of you know about the 2 "hills" on the Cinderella.. Cross Road and Highland.. They are a piece of cake and you shouldn't be too concerned about them.. This weekend we took the kids again out and did the 35 mile loop on Saturday that included Cross & Highland. My 9 year old bettered herself yesterday.. she did it in 3 hours 15 minutes. so tackling the "easy" parts will be no problem for any of you.. She rides a Trek 700..
Once you get over Cross road You'll be flying down Patterson Pass and having a blast!
Then today the girls and I did Highland from north livermore to Manning to highland to corneal to collier canyon.. only 17 miles but we did it in 1 hr 30! The A-man and my son decided to hit Del Valle.. Last week it took me 30 minutes to make the 1.5 miles up Del Valle and my son (12 yrs) did it in 17 minutes!! Talk about hauling butt! We are a bike riding family and really enjoy each other..
If you have any questions about the Cinderella, just ask..

Trek420
02-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Just checked my bank online, Valley Spokesmen cashed my checks, they didn't even bounce once ;-)

We're in! Just waiting for the cards now. :p :p :) :cool: :rolleyes: ;) :D

spazzdog
02-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Yippee-skippy!

hologramqueen
02-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Thats great! My check was cashed 3 days after I mailed it in.. I heard that next year that they are going to have a jersey for the 30th anniversary.. there is going to be a little detour as off of patterson pass rd there is construction going on and they (city) will not be finished before the ride.. I think I heard that the detour is going to add about 1mile to the ride.. but still this is a fantastic ride.. the SAG supporting "prince charmings" are really fantastic and the stops are well stocked.. don't forget, you have to ride past the Lemon Drop Prince to get your lemon drop..
Hugs to all!
Holo

SadieKate
02-14-2005, 03:37 PM
NOOOOOO!!! Please say it isn't so about the jerseys! I've done this ride 4 times since 1987(?) and I've now been saying I won't do it again unless there is a jersey.

I just signed up for the Little Red Riding Hood Century in SLC because 1) Hotel MIL :D is there and 2) they have the cutest jersey (http://www.bbtc.net/Calendar/annual/lrrhinfo05.htm)

AAAArgh!!

snapdragen
02-14-2005, 05:37 PM
No fear sadiekate - next year is the 30th anniversary. Also rumored to be the last Cindy........ :(

You're doing Red Riding Hood this year? I want to hear all about it. It's on my list of things to do.

hologramqueen
02-15-2005, 05:33 AM
I have it from a extremely reliable source that next year is NOT the last year.. there is talk about the jersey for the 30th..
they had about 1500 entries that had to be returned because they met the limit.. NO, they aren't going to cancel "our" Cinderella any time soon..

snapdragen
02-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I heard it from the organizers.

Hill Slug
02-15-2005, 09:14 PM
They cashed my check too!!! yay! :D

BikeMomma
02-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Hello group...

I'm pretty sure I can assume I'm in, as well. My check cleared on Monday, and I've been in email contact with the organizers, which gives me confirmation enough without the sacred card.

As I have a 2-2.5 (3??) hour drive to get there, I've made reservations at the Holiday Inn Express for Friday night. I'm driving up straight after work (might even leave early!) - stop at home to kiss the kids and hubby, load the bike and gear, and I'm off! :D

If anyone else is staying at the hotel, I thought it might be fun to get together??? Coffee? Any of you locals know if there is a Starbucks nearby? Any good pasta/Italian joints nearby too? :confused:

Any tips from the Cinderella Alums would be great for this newbie! :o

snapdragen
02-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Hey Bikemomma, a group of us are planning on dinner friday night at Bruno's in Pleasanton. I'll post more closer to the Cindy, you are welcome to join us :)

jobob
02-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Hi BM -

I'm staying with a friend at the Holiday Inn Express; and a bunch of her friends from a Yuba City-area club (don't remember the name at the moment) have booked rooms there too.

Don't know my schedule at the moment but we're bound to cross paths, we can work something out as the day nears, and there's the dinner Janet mentioned.

- Jo.

spazzdog
02-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Just a quick "Thanks!" to snapdragon for handling the restaurant get-together.

I'm SOOOOO looking forward to meeting all y'all! :D

Melody
02-21-2005, 01:24 PM
When/Where is this dinner? Can someone who just started posting come? :)

Mel

snapdragen
02-21-2005, 03:23 PM
When/Where is this dinner? Can someone who just started posting come? :)Mel

April 1 at Bruno's in Pleasanton - Pre Cinderella ride. More info to follow when we are closer to the ride date. ;)

jobob
02-21-2005, 03:36 PM
When/Where is this dinner? Can someone who just started posting come? Yep, we have a 2-post minimum :D ;)

BikeMomma
02-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Thanks Snap & Jo! I checked out the map, and Bruno's doesn't look too far from the hotel (on Main St, is that the one??) - and it's Italian! Guess we'll figure out a meet time a little bit closer to the day...

But just for preliminarily planning's sake, it looks like a 2 hour drive for me (2.5hr allowing for friday rush hour traffic), so it's a must that I leave work early, especially if I'm going to meet you ladies for dinner at a decent hour. If I leave work no later than 3pm, I could hopefully hit the freeway for Dublin by maybe 3:45. That means check-in by perhaps 6pm if I have a smooth trip, and after unloading the bike, gear, & necessities, I could probably make, say, a 6:30/7pm dinner time? What time I leave work really depends on how early everyone wants to meet. My employer is pretty understanding, and as I "shouldn't" have any pressing friday deadlines that week, I could probably bump the departure time to a bit earlier, if need be.

I am sooo looking forward to this! And I'm pleased to hear that perhaps this won't be my first and only Cindy, that the rumors of this being the last one are unfounded. :o :) :p

BikeMomma
02-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Yep, we have a 2-post minimum :D ;)

Whew! Glad I have 13 now, counting this one!! hehe :D :D :p :p

(to quote Spazz....YIPPEE SKIPPEE!) :D

Melody
02-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Yep, we have a 2-post minimum :D ;)

Woo! I made it then. ;)

Where/When is it?

Mel

Melody
02-21-2005, 09:08 PM
April 1 at Bruno's in Pleasanton - Pre Cinderella ride. More info to follow when we are closer to the ride date. ;)
Ahh, ok. :) I had missed this earlier. Thanks snapdragon :)

Mel