PDA

View Full Version : More (good) update

Crankin
01-17-2008, 01:33 PM
All of a sudden, last week, I started feeling better. I am not sure if it's the acupuncture or a combination of the acupuncture and the very small dose of Elavil I am taking. First I noticed all of the anxiety is gone, even though I am weaning off of the anti-anxiety meds and basically am taking.5 mg a day. Then, I noticed all of the rheumatoid and bone pain was gone. I was still having the tinnitus every other day or two days, but today is the fourth day it hasn't been there, or is very mild. I still wake up with it, but it's gone by the time I eat breakfast. I'm sleeping better and I have gained back the weight I lost (well, now I am actually having to watch what I eat quite a bit).
I have exercised 5 days in a row and I feel like my endurance is back. It's really weird.
Hopefully, I will be able to stop taking the Elavil after a couple of months; it does have weight gain as a side effect, but since I'm taking 10 mg. as opposed to the usual dose of 75 or 100, I am hoping that won't happen. Thankfully, I think I will be fine for my vacation in Vermont starting Monday.

Thanks everyone for your support. I will keep you posted.

Robyn

OakLeaf
01-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Great news! I'm praying that you only continue to feel better and better.

crazycanuck
01-17-2008, 02:05 PM
:D:) Great news Robyn!

I hope your health keeps improving!! Take care of yourself & don't forget to rest.

RoadRaven
01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
It's been a loooong journey, Robyn

Wonderful to hear your endurance is coming back

AwhiAwhi

SheFly
01-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Great news! Glad to hear that you are feeling so much better. Enjoy your vacation in VT next week.

SheFly

Tuckervill
01-18-2008, 04:13 AM
Fabulous news! Sending vibes for continuing improvement!

Karen

KnottedYet
01-18-2008, 04:23 AM
Excellent!

LBTC
01-18-2008, 05:21 AM
Robyn, that's fantastic! Yay!!!

Sending lots of butterflies to help those improvements keep coming and to remind you to rest and keep listening to your body.

Have fun on your vacation!

Hugs,
~T~

margo49
01-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Wonderful to hear!

Wahine
01-19-2008, 11:05 AM
That's great news Robyn. I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better.

:D:D:D

snowtulip
01-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Yipee Robyn, I'll continue to send healing vibes. Enjoy your vacation!

Crankin
01-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Well, I'm a little tired today from all the exercise this week. But, I was very nervous about doing a ski/snow shoe trip without building up a little bit before. I didn't do anything today, except go to Ikea and tomorrow I doubt we will ski, because the sun will be going down when we get there.
The tinnitus is totally gone in the daytime now. It's weird; it reappears during the night when I am sleeping and it's there when I wake up, but it goes away by the time I'm eating breakfast. The only other symptom I still have is some pain in the cartilage in my throat and ear, but it's very intermittent.

Well, I am going to go start packing. Of course, it's freezing up there, but I have plenty of left over hand and foot warmers from last winter when there was no snow.