PDA

View Full Version : This is interesting....

snapdragen
01-10-2008, 04:27 PM
perhaps a good place to post my incoherant ramblings.....

LBTC
01-10-2008, 04:34 PM
sounds good! Whatcha thinkin' 'bout?

Wahine
01-10-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm wondering why DH isn't here yet to pick me up. And if I really should get a dog. And if it's a good idea to go out to eat or if I should go home and cook.

Oh, you weren't asking me.;)

chickwhorips
01-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Deep thoughts by Snap.

Wahine the dog is a good idea, I vote for the year old one and not the pup. You'll have your hands full with that one. I love mastiffs, Peanut has mastiff in her. They are good dogs.
Sorry, just a thought.... back to you Snap.

maillotpois
01-10-2008, 05:06 PM
See, I kind of like this whole section.

Ditto on the one year old. Dog. When I had my last puppy, I could come home at lunch, etc. I swear it was harder than when I had my kid. :rolleyes: Our current dog came to us fully trained at 1 1/2 years old (he's a breeder for Guide Dogs). It was ideal. You really want to check the temperament of a non-puppy thoroughly before you commit, though.

crazycanuck
01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
I'd like to ramble about odd things in my neck/chest...i think i may have moved the wrong way or something...I thought a sternoclavicular dislocation would have healed by now. I dunno what's going on but i'm going for a CT scan this afternoon.

I'm probably nuts but i'd like to ensure nothing;s floating in my neck/chest area around when it shouldn't be...

Geez bodies can be unnerving some days. I promise i've been listening to my body & being nice to it!

snapdragen
01-10-2008, 08:24 PM
When I got my first corgi - Rikki - I took "maternity leave" and stayed home for two weeks, bonding and potty training. :D

Zen
01-10-2008, 08:42 PM
When I got my first corgi - Rikki - I took "maternity leave" and stayed home for two weeks, bonding and potty training. :D

What a good mom you are, Snap.
I think everyone knows how I feel about dogs :)
I've discovered Corgi's are a pretty cool breed. Lots of personality and energy.

snapdragen
01-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Talk about incoherant rambling.....

The whole day wasn't horrible, but one incident soured it. Backstory: I've worked in patient billing (business office) in one position or another for close to 30 years, first for Mental Health services, then for our county hospital. Now, about three years ago, my position was transferred out of the business office and into the Information Services department. The only thing that really changed is where I turn my timecard in, and who my immediate boss is. I'm still stationed in the business office, I still work with and interact with everyone in business office.

For close to 15 years, the business office has had an assistant director who is great. She is the one who requested I take over the computer operations for the office, which led to me becoming and Information Services Technician, and now a Management Information Services Analyst. I owe her a lot. She is retiring next week, there is a party (potluck luncheon, at her request) tomorrow.

So this afternoon, one of the managers (a pure queen b!tch) comes to my desk. "So, you know tomorrow you can't come to the luncheon, right? You can come to the reception later in the day"

Me: Oh really? I had planned on coming, I contributed to the food that the cash unit girls are bringing. (My desk sits right next to the cash unit, they've kind of adopted me)

Her: Well, you're not part of the business office.

Me: You know what? I don't care. Never mind that I've worked in this office for 15+ years, all my friends are here.....

She starts stammering, then says she'll talk to the other managers. Give me a break. I was so hurt and angry at this point.

I ran into another manager, who I consider a friend, and told her what queen b!tch said. She was surprised, she could also tell I was about to burst into tears. She tells me to come to the luncheon anyway. I say no, I will not, and I will not be attending the reception either.

About 20 minutes later my manager friend comes to my desk and tells me it was a miscommunication. M had asked that the lunch be kept to business office staff only, and queen b!tch took it literally. I of course was included in the invite. I told her that was fine, but I wouldn't be attending. I was hurt, queen b!tch got too much joy when she told me I couldn't attend the party.

Ruined the rest of my day.

jobob
01-10-2008, 09:22 PM
gahhhh ....

How many more years you have left there?

snapdragen
01-10-2008, 09:37 PM
If I'm lucky, not quite two.

Zen
01-10-2008, 10:22 PM
After that long in one place you should be Queen.
You just weren't playing your 'A' game today.

DirtDiva
01-11-2008, 12:50 AM
I would go and rub my presence in Queen B!tch's face, personally...

I never said I was a nice girl. :p

BleeckerSt_Girl
01-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Go to the luncheon and the reception. To stay away simply because of this unpleasant incident might hurt the feelings of the person who is retiring, or at the very least she'll hear about and then feel bad that you're boycotting her celebration. Go, be positive and pleasant, and show them what class really is.

MM_QFC!
01-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Go to the luncheon and the reception. To stay away simply because of this unpleasant incident might hurt the feelings of the person who is retiring, or at the very least she'll hear about and then feel bad that you're boycotting her celebration. Go, be positive and pleasant, and show them what class really is.

Agree fully with Lisa's advice...yes, it was hurtful and unnecessary, but it's about her (Queen B) and not anything that should reflect on you or mar your own enjoyment of the festivities honoring the retiree.
Put her petty, immature and unprofessional behavior out of mind and thoroughly enjoy every aspect of it!

Wahine
01-11-2008, 11:27 AM
I agree with Lisa and Mary. I'm sorry it happened but hey, people are azzes sometimes. I had a similar situation at work. I was expected to go to a baby shower for a person who had been spreading nasty and untrue rumours about me. I talked to DH about it and he told me to go, dress to the nines, be happy and have fun. It was the best way to get payback because she was blabbing out of boredom with her own life and I was showing her how much I was enjoying mine. And all the people that really mattered that were there knew that what she said was BS.

I hope you go.

snapdragen
01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Well, I went. Not for the whole thing, but I brought M a gift (a bottle of wine from my favorite winery). They had the seminar room decorated up in Royal Purple and Red (we've always referred to M as Queen M) She had a crown, and the managers all wore princess hats. I remarked to my friends that the b!tch should have an a$$hat. :p

Funny, she told me it was busness office people only. There were people from the admitting department, finance, public health, and b!tch woman's daughter and her husband there.

It's over. I didn't glare, snarl or make a scene. I am a grown up. Dammit.

jobob
01-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Good on ya, mate ! (chanelling Dirt Diva :D )

God that was bizzare though. Office politics. p'tooey.

salsabike
01-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Good for you, Snap. My experience is, the nicer you are to people who've been not too nice to you, the more uncomfortable THEY get. And you end up with the secondary gain of enjoying their discomfort--pretty fun, actually.

BleeckerSt_Girl
01-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Good for you, Snap. My experience is, the nicer you are to people who've been not too nice to you, the more uncomfortable THEY get. And you end up with the secondary gain of enjoying their discomfort--pretty fun, actually.

Absolutely, I find that works very well....plus you can feel genuinely good about it too! :)

maillotpois
01-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Wow, Snap - I am sorry I didn't see this yesterday. I completely agree with the idea of going and I am so glad you did. What a complete loser that b!tchy woman is. How petty can some people be?? That's what comes of having no life at all and having your self-identity defined through some menial sense of power derived from your job.

Loser.

You rock.

Veronica
01-11-2008, 05:41 PM
What MP said!

I'm glad you went. I didn't see this yesterday and I was so hoping as I read through the posts that you decided to go. :)

V.

snapdragen
01-11-2008, 07:02 PM
There is some justice, she did this in front of a woman I sit next to. Let's just say my cube farm mate isn't known for keeping secrets. The entire floor now knows what the b!tchy thing did.

Wahine
01-11-2008, 07:43 PM
There is some justice, she did this in front of a woman I sit next to. Let's just say my cube farm mate isn't known for keeping secrets. The entire floor now knows what the b!tchy thing did.

That is justice. :D:D

SadieKate
01-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Oh, ma-an, snap. That sucks. No wonder you were in a crappy mood. I'm glad you went. The event was about the retiring manager and your respect for her. What goes around, comes around. You can just sit back and watch . . . and giggle about it all.

SK

PinkBike
01-25-2008, 11:00 AM
why do people gotta be like that?
but, truly, what goes around DOES come around.
all we can do is be the bigger person.
like lisa said, you'll be (and feel) better for it.

TryToKeepUp
05-13-2008, 01:01 PM
I really really want hunka chunka pb fudge ice cream from friendly's! :D

Zen
05-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Why did you have to say that? Why?

jobob
05-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Sounds like an excellent idea. :cool:

But alas, no Friendly's in my area (tho I spent lots of quality time in them in my yoot).

KnottedYet
05-13-2008, 06:37 PM
What's Friendly's?

Knot-from-the-Canadian-border

KnottedYet
05-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Can I get coffee there? http://youtube.com/watch?v=5br33dDRkNA

redrhodie
05-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Jake Gyllenhaal looks like Eddy Merckx?