PDA

View Full Version : Arizona rides '08

mtkitchn
01-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi Ladies!

Wanted to see if anybody wanted to get together for rides in the valley this month. I have oddball days off but would like to ride on the 9th and 12th. I can always fall back on the Saturday cycling at Kiwanis Park on the 12th.

And is anybody doing the Casa Grande Century tomorrow? Looks like it might be rainy, but I plan to go for the metric.

PinkBike
01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
sue, this moron thought the casa grande century was NEXT sunday. we dont like to miss it because it was our first century, so we're kinda bummed that we missed it. next up is the picacho in february, but it's not nearly as scenic as CG, plus last year there was a nasty headwind for the last 35 miles and a little drizzle.

silent sunday is the 13th at south mountain, any takers?

mtkitchn
01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Sorry you missed the Casa Grande ride, Laurie!! It was a nice ride, not crowded because of the threatening skies, but it never did rain on us at all.
I did the Picacho Peak century last year, and those headwinds after the lunch stop were brutal! What day is the Picacho Peak?

I go back to work on the 13th so will miss Silent Sunday this month. :(

PinkBike
01-08-2008, 07:21 PM
picacho is sunday feb 17 (check it out on http://bikegaba.org/).

we will probably do the PMBC kiwanis ride this saturday morning. its the tour de sue route, south thru chandler i guess.

mimitabby
01-08-2008, 07:31 PM
YOu guys are going to ride to the top of Picacho peak?

That sounds impressive!

PinkBike
01-09-2008, 02:52 PM
no no no, maybe MTK would, she's done mount lemon (!), but the picacho century starts in tucson, goes out to picacho and back. it's actually kinda boring, but i like to get the miles in when i can!

spokewench
01-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Oh my This is the first time I have missed the Casa Grande Century in quite a few years!:eek:

I have really gotten out of the bike riding habit. I guess I'll be a slow starter this year.

spoke

mtkitchn
01-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Spokewench,
Sorry to have missed you at Casa Grande as well!
I signed up for Triple Bypass again this year and would love to come up to Flagstaff to ride with you this spring/summer if you're interested!

Laurie,
If I can get up early enough, I'll be at the Kiwanis Gaba ride this Saturday. Need some miles in my legs! BTW, seems I saw a website that showed the Picacho Peak century on the 10th!

http://www.bikegaba.org/Overnights&Centuries/2008/Picacho_Peak_Century/Description.htm

spokewench
01-11-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm always up for riding - but you can't ride up here right now too well - Tooooo cold, tooooo icy and offroad is good for snowshoeing and skiiing.

Maybe later.

spoke

PinkBike
01-20-2008, 11:01 AM
we're going to forego the picacho century for the laveen country challenge, it's a metric put on by the laveen lions club. they have a big picnic at the end and the whole town turns out, it was really nice last time we went.