PDA

View Full Version : Glo Glov

Pax
01-04-2008, 12:15 PM
I did a search and came up with nada...has anyone used these gloves? If so, what did you think?

http://gloglov.com/Home.php

mimitabby
01-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Yes, they fit over existing gloves, and are supposed to be great. A friend has them and loves them. Raleighdon is supposed to be getting his soon.

(they were ordered for Christmas)

Pax
01-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Yes, they fit over existing gloves, and are supposed to be great. A friend has them and loves them. Raleighdon is supposed to be getting his soon.

(they were ordered for Christmas)

One of the fellas on my motorcycling forum recommended them but I thought I'd check here to see how they work on womens hands (I've got a bunch of gloves that have failed miserably in that arena).

csr1210
01-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Here's a thread on them:

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=20307&page=2

Sorry -- I don't know how to make it a "clickable" linky thing. Pscyclepath mentions having them, and I think a couple of others comment on them as well.

They look really cool to me, but I've bought so much lately, that I'll probably wait on these a while.

HTH,
Christy

PscyclePath
01-11-2008, 05:26 AM
I did a search and came up with nada...has anyone used these gloves? If so, what did you think?

http://gloglov.com/Home.php

I've got a pair of these that I've been using since back around the first of November, and am very happy with them. They're simply a light polyester shell with the reflective patches sewn to the palm and the back of the hand and fingers. I wear them over my regular riding gloves, whether the short-fingered, full-fingered, or heavier winter gloves. They won't work well if you're using those winter "lobster claws" or mittens, though.

They are "one-size-is-supposed-to-fit-all." If you have small hands, a trip through the washer in hot water should shrink them to just about right.

I've found that it helps my visibility, or better said, "conspicuity," a whole lot. Even just draping my hands over the handlebars while rolling down the road, the yellow reflectors show up well in headlight and flashlight beams.

The main downside that I've seen so far, noted as well by a couple of friends who have invested in them, is that you quickly learn to be careful about wiping your nose! Me, I've gotten in the habit of using my jersey or jacket cuff if I have to do something like that, since the rasp of the reflectors across cold noses isn't fun.

I got mine from a cop shop, http://www.night-gear.com, up in Kansas City. With postage, they came out around $21, and I got them inside three days.

Pax
01-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Thanks PP, I may order up a set if I start commuting again in the Spring, it's still almost dark when I head home until April or so. I've got mostly MUP and side streets but there are no streetlights on about a mile of my route so reflectors are good!

mimitabby
01-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Raleighdon wore his for the first time today. He said they didn't interfere with his hands at all, he couldn't feel them at all; he's happy to have them.

OakLeaf
01-11-2008, 02:08 PM
One of the fellas on my motorcycling forum recommended them but I thought I'd check here to see how they work on womens hands (I've got a bunch of gloves that have failed miserably in that arena).

Haven't tried them, but from the picture it looks like the thumb hole is almost even with the finger holes. That's usually the problem with women wearing men's gloves - our thumbs start much closer to the wrist.

<partial thread hijack: try Held gloves for motorcycling, very high quality with a TRUE unisex design that's comfortable for most women>

mimitabby
01-11-2008, 02:09 PM
the biggest problem i see for women is they are BIG and loose.

Pax
01-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Haven't tried them, but from the picture it looks like the thumb hole is almost even with the finger holes. That's usually the problem with women wearing men's gloves - our thumbs start much closer to the wrist.

<partial thread hijack: try Held gloves for motorcycling, very high quality with a TRUE unisex design that's comfortable for most women>

I've worn Helds for years...excellent stuff!

the biggest problem i see for women is they are BIG and loose.

That's what I've found with mens cycling gloves in general...I'm a plus size woman but I wear a mens medium glove, and they fit kinda wonky.

salsabike
01-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Mimi, where'd you get 'em?

7rider
01-14-2008, 06:53 AM
That's what I've found with mens cycling gloves in general...I'm a plus size woman but I wear a mens medium glove, and they fit kinda wonky.

I've just about given up on women's gloves - most are far too small for my big ol' honkin' hands. Full-fingered gloves are the worst and are invariably too short in the fingers -- I pop holes in the tips before long (and I don't have very long nails).

These Glo-gloves look pretty neat, tho. No dealers in my area, however. :(

mimitabby
01-14-2008, 07:36 AM
There's a police supply store in town that sells them. I need to ask Raleighdon, I forget what the place is called.