PDA

View Full Version : Announcing our new team – Amici Veloci!

SadieKate
01-25-2005, 08:01 PM
I am incredibly honored and humbled to announce the formation of Amici Veloci , a group of Team Estrogen Forum members (and family and friends) located in northern California who have committed to raise funds for the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Northern California and to ride the Top Hat Classic. This band of women (Captain Jobob, Adventure Girl, Veronica, Snapdragen, Trek420 and aka_Kim) have extended an extraordinary offer of friendship to me, someone whom they have never met other than through this Forum. I think many of us can attest to the generosity of spirit and camaraderie we experience every day through the Team Estrogen Forum.

We would also like to take this opportunity to invite your support through a donation or, better yet, come ride with us! Our team page for the Top Hat Classic is: Team Link for Amici Veloci (https://www.nationalmssociety.org/CAN/personal/my_team.asp?pa=51463781&pd=CAN0EODB20050430EBY) . We welcome your company both on our training rides and on April 30th.

Every hour someone is diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS), a chronic disease of the central nervous system affecting the brain and spinal cord. Please join my team for this event to fight the devastating effects of MS. Together we can make a difference!

Lastly, a heartfelt thank you to the folks at Team Estrogen for creating and supporting this Forum.

CorsairMac
01-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Sadie: is there a way to donate money that can be distributed amongst ALL of you? I saw the "hearts" by each persons name but I would prefer if I could make a lump sum donation and have all you wonderful ladies get the credit for it!

(by the way: perimenopausal and roller coaster PMS: I started crying when I read your post and then your website pretty much finished me off!)

SadieKate
01-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Thank you, Corsair!

Sadie: is there a way to donate money that can be distributed amongst ALL of you?
I just talked again with Alison at the MS Society. The whole online pledge is apparently new to them and she agreed there should be a method for this, but she said the best way was to donate to Captain Jobob and ask her to distribute as you would like. Our captain is to then email Alison and ask her to reallocate the donation. Oh, Benevolent Dictator and Team Captain? You getting this? :D

(by the way: perimenopausal and roller coaster PMS: I started crying when I read your post and then your website pretty much finished me off!)
You should have seen me when I received Jobob's original email. I sobbed, called my hubby, and sobbed some more. Then I wrote my reply and sobbed again. I was a mess. Good to know there are kindred spirits.

SadieKate