PDA

View Full Version : Hains Pt New Year's Day ride

Velobambina
12-31-2007, 03:48 AM
Potomac Pedalers is having a circle-fest tomorrow, in case any of you are interested. Not sure about the weather---I've heard there's a chance of rain showers in the morning, and potentially, some "conversational" snow flakes in the afternoon.

ALL(F) * 0-280 * DC * ANYTIME * Potomac Park, Hains Point (HAI)
Circle of Cycles, 24th Edition . To borrow from Joni Mitchell, "The cyclists, they go round and round; the cyclists' legs go up'n'down"--and that's about the size of it, along with the mixing of riders throughout the day (though it takes an earlybird or late hanger-arounder to catch sight of the DC Randonuts). Show up when you're good and ready, bringing some new Christmas goodies (gear, toys, treats) to show or share. Ride around with ALL types of riders--slow & chatty, smooth & swift, silly & squirrelly. Dan Lehman [riDEsigns<>yahoo.com] 703/241-9113.

7rider
12-31-2007, 04:20 AM
A group of folks from my LBS are planning to meet at the shop tomorrow a.m. and ride down to Haines Pt to do some laps. We're also keeping an eye on the weather. I suspect we'll be home, lounging and drinking coffee when they leave at 8:30! ;)

Velobambina
12-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Aww, Regina! It's supposed to be deadly cold on Wednesday & Thursday, so if there's no rain tomorrow, you should try to get a ride in.

7rider
01-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Aww, Regina! It's supposed to be deadly cold on Wednesday & Thursday, so if there's no rain tomorrow, you should try to get a ride in.

Well, I did get a ride in - 35 miles through Rock Creek Park.
Did you do the point???

Velobambina
01-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Not to the Point, but I rode this morning. Thankfully, I got a ride in before the wind started cranking and everyone woke up from their Monday nite celebrating. Kept expecting it to rain but we lucked out.

Was Rock Creek Park crowded w/the "New Year's Resolution" crowd?

7rider
01-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Was Rock Creek Park crowded w/the "New Year's Resolution" crowd?

Amazingly, no.
I came down Beach Dr. from Garrett Park, into D.C. and I saw only 4 other cyclists by the time I hit East West Highway in Silver Spring. There were more by the time I got into the District, but not many at all (by weekend standards). Lots of dog walkers (one terrier lunged at me...fortunately, his owner had a tight grip on the leash!), a very few runners. Pretty quiet. Nice, actually.

Velobambina
01-02-2008, 03:42 AM
Maybe everyone was still sleeping it off or riding at Hains Pt? That must have been very nice, aside from the terrier, of course.