PDA

View Full Version : Little Red 2008

Lifesgreat
12-28-2007, 08:32 PM
It is only 5 months away! Who is coming this year?

I am hoping to do the century. I have never done one.

Here is some info. I pulled from bbtc.net (http://www.bbtc.net)

Little Red Riding Hood

Saturday Jun 7 08:00 AM

101 miles / O OPEN Pace / 4-5 Flat - Mild Hills / a Logan Cache Valley area

Fully supported century ride for women only. Registration and entry fee required. Distances: 102, 67, and 35 miles.

Meet at: Bowery Park, 50 South Center St., in Wellsville (Utah). Drive North on I-15 to exit 362 (US 91). Drive East on US 91 and US 89 towards Logan. Before reaching Logan, turn left onto SR 23 (Center St.). Drive North on Center St. into Wellsville. Bowery Park is on the right.

Timothy Shea

shea_16000@msn.com 801-598-0294

BikeDutchess
12-29-2007, 06:37 AM
I'm in -- can't wait! I'm going for the century too, it'll only be my 2nd ever (and 1st full Li'l Red century -- my longest Li'l Red was 77 miles last year).

yellow
12-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I'll most likely be there. The coworker (and friend) who bought Pipit really wants to do the ride, but is not sure which distance she'd like to try. We're going to start training post-snow-and-salt time and see how it goes. She's pretty fit and strong, so I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to do the 100.

Alex
12-29-2007, 09:21 PM
I am looking forward to LRRH 2008. :cool: I plan to do the full distance again. LRRH 2007 was my first century and I am looking to do it faster in '08. I would love to get together and train with fellow TE'ers once the weather improves. In the meantime, I've been on the trainer and have developed quite the love/hate relationship with Coach Troy. DH and I were out snowshoeing today and we had great fun tormenting one another with Troy-isms. ("Push it push it push it" and "Anyone can suffer for 5 minutes!" are my two favorites.) :p

Alex

sbctwin
12-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I plan to ride it again this year and hoping for the 100. I sure wish this snow would melt....

MM_QFC!
01-02-2008, 07:21 AM
It is only 5 months away! Who is coming this year?

I am hoping to do the century. I have never done one.

Here is some info. I pulled from bbtc.net (http://www.bbtc.net)

Little Red Riding Hood

Saturday Jun 7 08:00 AM

101 miles / O OPEN Pace / 4-5 Flat - Mild Hills / a Logan Cache Valley area

Fully supported century ride for women only. Registration and entry fee required. Distances: 102, 67, and 35 miles.

Meet at: Bowery Park, 50 South Center St., in Wellsville (Utah). Drive North on I-15 to exit 362 (US 91). Drive East on US 91 and US 89 towards Logan. Before reaching Logan, turn left onto SR 23 (Center St.). Drive North on Center St. into Wellsville. Bowery Park is on the right.

Timothy Shea

shea_16000@msn.com 801-598-0294

is the date confirmed (June 7, 2008?), as I still see the '07 information on the club site...not sure if it's always the 1st Sat in June or the Sat following Memorial Day, which would be 5/31/08; do you know if the cycling club will update the LRRH ride info for 2008 soon?
Thanks,
Mary

Lifesgreat
01-02-2008, 07:34 AM
Mary,

I pulled the info. from the actual club calendar. It has been on the first Saturday in June for the three years I have done the ride.

I recommend you email the guy whose email address is in my post. I cannot tell you if the date is confirmed.

Hope to see you there!

AuntieK
01-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Oh, I sooo want to do Little Red!
Why did they have to move my favorite race up a weekend and conflict it with my favorite century? :mad:
Decisions, decisions...

Shiraz
01-03-2008, 06:14 PM
I am in!!! I missed last year but rode the year before. I am getting the bike on the trainer tonight and going to start spinning. I can't wait!

MM_QFC!
01-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Mary,

I pulled the info. from the actual club calendar. It has been on the first Saturday in June for the three years I have done the ride.

I recommend you email the guy whose email address is in my post. I cannot tell you if the date is confirmed.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks and I had already sent an email to Tim, asking for confirmation. He replied and confirmed today...so I'm looking forward to incorporating it into my schedule. Will actually use it for a training ride, in advance of the Empire State AIDS ride across NY this summer...

Page Up
01-06-2008, 10:18 PM
I saw this ride posted in WomensHealth Magazine this month. I am new to road biking and look forward to doing the 35 mike stretch or maybe more!

Alex
01-08-2008, 08:58 PM
If you go to this link and click on Map under LRRH, you will get what appears to be the course map for this year's ride.

http://www.bbtc.net/Calendar/month/index.php?o=1&c=1&m=06&a=1&y=2008

It's different than the 2007 route and will take us into Preston, Idaho.

Alex

AuntieK
01-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Welcome to TE, Page Up!
This is a great place to meet other ladies to ride with. I'm excited for you starting your new adventure of road biking! Before too long, all this snow will melt off and we'll be able to ride again!
(We got about 8 inches of snow at my house in Orem this morning! :eek:)
How much snow did ya'all get in SLC?

Lifesgreat
03-13-2008, 05:59 AM
New information is up!

I will paste the link so you can see where it is:

http://www.bbtc.net/

See you there!

MM_QFC!
03-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks, Lifesgreat; I'm looking forward to riding the century loop - just waiting for the registration to open up.
Mary

BikeDutchess
03-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Registration opens tomorrow, March 19th! On-line registration only. Capped at 2250 riders, or June 1 at 11pm MST, whichever comes first.

MM_QFC!
03-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Registration opens tomorrow, March 19th! On-line registration only. Capped at 2250 riders, or June 1 at 11pm MST, whichever comes first.

looks regis has been moved to open on 3/22, not today.

BikeDutchess
03-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Darn it! Looks like I get to hold on to my $49 a little while longer.

Lifesgreat
03-22-2008, 09:35 AM
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!

www.bbtc.net

MM_QFC!
03-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks and it was actually open on Friday afternoon, when I checked; so I'm all set...and looking forward to heading to Utah in a few months!

Flybye
03-26-2008, 06:24 AM
I did it!! I registered for Little Red Riding Hood. I ALMOST chickened out! It was strange, really. I have talked about doing my first 100 miler for a year now. Last year I did the metric and I was pretty lonely. It was my first organized ride.

I really want this one to be different. Would any of you who haven't done a century ride and don't care how long the ride takes or how fast we rides like to join me? I'd love some great TE gal pal time!

Kano
03-29-2008, 07:56 PM
I did it!! I registered for Little Red Riding Hood. I ALMOST chickened out! It was strange, really. I have talked about doing my first 100 miler for a year now. Last year I did the metric and I was pretty lonely. It was my first organized ride.

I really want this one to be different. Would any of you who haven't done a century ride and don't care how long the ride takes or how fast we rides like to join me? I'd love some great TE gal pal time!

Y'mean we can take two days if it takes that long?

This event really does tempt me!

Karen in Boise

Flybye
03-30-2008, 10:14 AM

Karen in Boise

Oh, Karen you SHOULD come. We have great plans for that day. Lifesgreat has a bunch of friends and they have invited me to join them. We are going to stop at kool aid stands and yard sales and have a GREAT day. We are thinking about joining the costume contest. I would love to meet you - have you done a century before?

If you have a hubby, mine plans on fishing and might like some company. It is a beautiful valley. I can't say enough good about the ride and the support. The food the night before is great, the rest areas are well supported.

How can I tempt you more?:D:D

Lifesgreat
03-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Karen, come and join us! The course opens at 8:00 and closes at either 5 or 5:30. There will be a small group (read: not a big, fast paceline) of us just chugging along, having a great time!

yellow
03-30-2008, 07:36 PM
OK, I was a little put off by the rider limit (2250? Will it really attract that many riders???) as I prefer the smaller, more quaint rides. HOWEVER, it sounds like Shiraz will be there and since I haven't met Flybye (and she's so close) I guess I'd better show up. I think my colleague is still planning on doing the ride, but I'm not sure of the distance. We'll probably sign up for the 100 and reserve the right to cut it short for any number of actual or perceived reasons.

So I guess the next step is actually registering, eh? :p

Velobambina
03-31-2008, 02:08 AM
I can't make it out there for the ride but I bought the jersey. I'll be w/you in spirit!

sulis
03-31-2008, 05:10 AM
OK, I was a little put off by the rider limit (2250? Will it really attract that many riders???) :p

Seems amazing doesn't it?! I have a friend who is in BBTC that helps organize the ride and he said last year there were almost 2,000 riders registered prior to the race - so I'm sure with all the day of registrations last year they definitely got there. I knew it would have to cap eventually.

Lifesgreat
03-31-2008, 05:42 AM
OK, I was a little put off by the rider limit (2250? Will it really attract that many riders???) as I prefer the smaller, more quaint rides. HOWEVER, it sounds like Shiraz will be there and since I haven't met Flybye (and she's so close) I guess I'd better show up. I think my colleague is still planning on doing the ride, but I'm not sure of the distance. We'll probably sign up for the 100 and reserve the right to cut it short for any number of actual or perceived reasons.

So I guess the next step is actually registering, eh? :p

I ride so slowly I have never seen that many women on the ride-except at the beginning where many riders seem to forget all traffic rules! :o

Tater
03-31-2008, 06:59 AM

Karen in Boise

Kano, one of these days, you really have to do this ride! It is an awesome experience! Very well supported, plenty of ladies to ride with, chat with, and the BBTC guys do such an awesome job of support. Heck, in '06, I had the Big Bad Wolf stalk my lunch!

SadieKate
03-31-2008, 08:51 AM
I ride so slowly I have never seen that many women on the ride-except at the beginning where many riders seem to forget all traffic rules! :oYes, I can see your hand. I'm letting it go, I'm letting it go.:o :p

yellow
03-31-2008, 06:27 PM
Yes, I can see your hand. I'm letting it go, I'm letting it go.:o :p

Thanks for that little trip down memory lane. I sure miss riding with you!

OK, for the ignant, her comment stems from this:

SK: "Car back!"

SK: "Car back!!!"

Y: "They aren't listening to you. Besides, this is their license to ride 6 abreast and in the opposing traffic lane."

SK: <louder> "Car baaaaaack!!!"

SK: <even louder still> "CAAAAAAAARRRRR BAAAACK!!!!!!"

Y: "Deep breath. Just let it go. Whoosh, let it go. It is beyond your control. Let it go." <said with an extravagant wave of the hand>

And henceforth only once per incident was the "car back" warning yelled to cyclists ahead, usually followed with "whooosh, let it go" since the intended recipients continued to ride into oncoming traffic, apparently unaware of the fact that no, they did not own the whole **** road.

My friend SK, trying to be thoughtful and helpful. Shunned. Ignored. But I know that it was out of goodness and concern. And I am grateful for her thoughtfulness. :p

Yah, it's better if you start riding early (like we did last year) or late (after the big crowd).

jobob
03-31-2008, 07:09 PM
<still giggling>

SadieKate
03-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks for that little trip down memory lane. I sure miss riding with you! If we're going down memory lane and we have jobob for an audience, it must mean it's time for an encore of our duet.

Ready?

I feel pretty, oh so pretty . . . . .!

Lifesgreat
04-01-2008, 05:52 AM
FWIW, I started on time and those same (?) ladies were riding in front of me. :D

I wonder if last year's behavior had anything to with this year's route changes??

Flybye
04-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Well if people can drive like they own the road, why can't we ride like we own the road? Kidding.

Karen, have we won you over yet?

CyclaSutra
04-15-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm in! My third LRRH and I did the same as you, Yellow, signed up for 100 and reserving the right to bail. I figure they need that info to make sure they have enough PB&J at the final rest stops, and I want to help ensure we don't run out by the time my pokey patootie gets there! I have been on the trainer so seldom this winter, my tail is in for some serious trauma.

I'm planning to drag my Airstream to Hyrum Lake State Park for lodging, and my coworker Kelsey is camping with. I've also got three other ladies who might come from the Hole.

Bought a jersey; is it my imagination or do they just get cuter? Giddy up!

Last year we ran into all kinds of TEers, who convinced us to do the distance even though we only planned on the metric. I don't know if I still have my TE temp tattoo lying around somewhere to facilitate those meetings...

Flybye
04-16-2008, 07:16 AM
Cyclasutra- YEAH!! I have signed up, too! We all have to meet up somewhere!! I, too, reserve the right to bail on the 100. I have reserved a room at the Crystal Inn, but don't quite know what will happen just yet. My hubby was planning on coming along but we bred our dog this month and she will be having pups around that weekend if she's pregnant.

I am glad you are coming!

yellow
04-17-2008, 10:07 AM
I am confirmed, all signed up. I added the ride over at BikeJournal, so if you are a member there and are going to LRRH, add your name to the ride!

I'm not sure if I will be showing up the night before or driving up the morning of.

On an aside, it snowed while I was riding yesterday. OK, it only snowed for a little bit, but still, it was April 16. Sheesh. (It was sunny, but still cold, when we finished.)

Flybye
04-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey there Yellow - I am logging miles on bikejournal and I just added Little Red to my profile. Thanks for getting that set up - I was actually going to do that myself tonight!!

Sorry to hear about the snow. I got fed up two weeks ago and shelled out money to do a spin class for a month. I ride 2x per week but have no idea how many miles each hour class is. I am guesstimating that we do 15-18 miles. I really need to hit the road and get some long rides in. I just don't know where to start - I am thinking that 45ish is reasonable and then I will build from there.

What is the longest ride you all have done so far this year?

BikeDutchess
04-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Longest so far was 40 miles. The weather just has not been cooperating! :mad:

Alex
04-17-2008, 08:55 PM
My longest ride so far was 70 miles. It was last Saturday's Desert Classic in Glendale. We were in Arizona because DH did the Ironman on Sunday.

My ride was SOOOOOO windy, but the distance, surprisingly, wasn't a problem. Perhaps the gazillion trainer hours I put in over the winter did some good after all. The wind was so bad that I almost got tossed off my bike a couple of times. :eek:

Alex

sulis
04-18-2008, 04:16 AM
I signed up for the century as well.
I am with many of you though - that my actual distance will be whatever it is that day.
I just have not been able to get the riding in this year. I am definitely not feeling in shape to do a full century in approximately 6 weeks. But I adore LR so whatever distance I get in will be amazingly fun and worth it.
Would love to ride with anyone who doesn't mind a pokie slow rider just out to enjoy the fun of the day.

Flybye
04-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Sullis and anyone else - Lifeisgreat and I have decided to team up with whomever else wants to join- our plan is to ride our bikes :D. We aren't going to hurry and we are leaving the length open ended - although I REALLY want this to be my first century.

We would love company - Sulis - please feel free to join us!

In fact, if you would like to join the Team Estrogen Group for Little Red, will you please pm me with your cell phone numbers, when you plan on arriving (Friday or Saturday), where you plan to stay, and how many miles you are aiming for? When we get closer to LRRH, I will set a time and place for us to meet before we take off!

I am getting excited!

BikeDutchess
04-20-2008, 04:10 PM
I was at a Bonneville Cycling Club meeting today and heard the very disturbing news that they came VERY close to having to cancel LRRH altogether this year. :eek: :eek: :eek: Apparently the Utah Highway Patrol would not sign off on the permit due to too complaints regarding riding behavior and impeding traffic. They managed to convince UHP to issue the permit but it was close.

So this year's catch phrase will be "Don't ride too wide". UHP will also issue citations to riders who impede traffic. Even though riding 2 abreast is legal, that is only the case if you don't impede traffic. And the 5-6-7-etc abreast that we all saw last year is just nuts!

The new route was designed to help alleviate the problem (plus some other safety issues). They will also change the start so there will be separate groups based on riding speed, with the fastest riders starting first. That will avoid the fast riders having to overtake bunches of slow riders and being forced to swing wide to do so. There will also be a roving course marshall in a car w/ a PA or bullhorn reminding riders not to ride too wide.

I know it's preaching to the choir on this board, but please help spread the word to your friends & acquaintances. If we want this great ride to continue, we MUST all ride responsibly. I would just hate for this year to be the last LRRH ever. And we want SadieKate to be able to save her breath for riding, not having to yell "Car back!!!" to umpteen idiots! (Whoosh!) :)

As an aside, they're already over halfway towards capacity with registrations, so don't wait to sign up!

Flybye
04-20-2008, 05:03 PM
They will also change the start so there will be separate groups based on riding speed, with the fastest riders starting first. That will avoid the fast riders having to overtake bunches of slow riders and being forced to swing wide to do so. There will also be a roving course marshall in a car w/ a PA or bullhorn reminding riders not to ride too wide.

On a serious note, I think that all of the changes that they are making this year sound like great changes. I hope that this makes the ride smoother for both drivers and cyclists. I really think that staggering the start time is a great idea.

On a silly side, I am relieved that the faster riders will start out first - I got pretty sick of hearing "on your left" "on your left" "on your left"!!! :o:o

And even on the sillier side - I can hear the marshall now "TOO WIDE LADIES, TOO WIDE!!!" The sea of ever widening spandex!

Thanks for getting the word out on the changes. I hope that they outline the changes well in the literature that they send out to the registrants.

MM_QFC!
04-21-2008, 07:54 AM
I was at a Bonneville Cycling Club meeting today and heard the very disturbing news that they came VERY close to having to cancel LRRH altogether this year. :eek: :eek: :eek: Apparently the Utah Highway Patrol would not sign off on the permit due to too complaints regarding riding behavior and impeding traffic. They managed to convince UHP to issue the permit but it was close.

So this year's catch phrase will be "Don't ride too wide". UHP will also issue citations to riders who impede traffic. Even though riding 2 abreast is legal, that is only the case if you don't impede traffic. And the 5-6-7-etc abreast that we all saw last year is just nuts!

The new route was designed to help alleviate the problem (plus some other safety issues). They will also change the start so there will be separate groups based on riding speed, with the fastest riders starting first. That will avoid the fast riders having to overtake bunches of slow riders and being forced to swing wide to do so. There will also be a roving course marshall in a car w/ a PA or bullhorn reminding riders not to ride too wide.

I know it's preaching to the choir on this board, but please help spread the word to your friends & acquaintances. If we want this great ride to continue, we MUST all ride responsibly. I would just hate for this year to be the last LRRH ever. And we want SadieKate to be able to save her breath for riding, not having to yell "Car back!!!" to umpteen idiots! (Whoosh!) :)

As an aside, they're already over halfway towards capacity with registrations, so don't wait to sign up!

Thanks for posting and it's not surprising, unfortunately. I'll hope that the safety reminders and usual group riding road rules will be followed by every rider, so that this ride can continue. It's unfortunate that previous rides had behavior that threatened continuing this. I've done a lot of centuries and longer, in large groups and know that it takes each rider to commit to following the rules of the road and practicing safe riding, as we each reflect on cyclists as a whole to the drivers out there. One boneheaded move by an inconsiderate or unthinking cyclist can stick in the minds of all who view it and we all seem to get smeared by it, eh?
I'm glad that the UHP is giving another chance...as I'm registered and will be heading there from Seattle to enjoy the ride.
On our club's annual double century, the Seattle to Portland ride, there are about 8,000 riders who participate and do it in either 1 or 2 days, so the starting line is crowded and it seems to work well to have riders start in a wave of about 100 every 10 minutes or so. I think it sounds like a good change to try the same for the LRRH.
Tailwinds!
Mary

CyclaSutra
05-10-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm amending my intentions, downgrading from the century. As of LRRH, I'll be 11 1/2 weeks pregnant, and don't want to get my heart rate over 140. That puts my comfy pace at a blistering 13-14 mph, not exactly conducive to a century. So I'll be doing the metric at most, more likely the 45.

It's my first, and if I had consciously realized that I wouldn't be able to diet for a year, I prolly would have dropped a few more pounds before hopping on the babywagon, but here I am. My first appointment is in a week and a half, so I hope by then I'll know if it's one bean in there, but I'm crossing my fingers for two!

So I'll see you all there, just a little larger and slower than usual...

Jones
05-11-2008, 04:13 PM
CyclaSutra, Congrats on your great news. Have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Enjoy your slow LRRH, gas prices are so high there is no way I can make it this year.
Jones

Flybye
05-11-2008, 06:20 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

CyclaSutra
05-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks, ladies! I am feeling so good right now that I'm sort of paranoid it's going to take a turn for the worse. If the weather would just clear up, I could get some miles in...

I'll be -- obviously -- seeing you at any and all feeding opportunities for LRRH!

Alex
05-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Are you ready? LRRH is coming up fast!

Last Saturday, I got in a lot of practice shouting "Car back!" at the Salt Lake Century. :(

Makes me wonder if it's just Utah with the clueless cyclists. At the Arizona Desert Classic last month, I didn't see nearly the number of cyclists in the middle of the road. Maybe that's cuz of the semis barreling down the highway as we hugged the 4-inch road shoulder? :eek:

Alex

Flybye
05-21-2008, 06:08 PM
My first appointment is in a week and a half, so I hope by then I'll know if it's one bean in there, but I'm crossing my fingers for two!

How many beans, Cycla??????

Alex - I am so psyched and ready. You???

malkin
05-23-2008, 06:04 AM
About Utah clueless cyclists...

With the campaign for 'Share the Road' license plates, I was wondering if the Utah cycling crowd would get it that it would mean that bikes are supposed to share with cars too.

It looks like lots of us share like toddlers, "MINE! MINE! MINE!"

CyclaSutra
05-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Just one little alien in there...

My record long ride for the season so far? 16 miles on the second nice day that I've managed to drag out the bike. Me= lame. But it felt good, so no reason to doubt I'll be enjoying the 45 or 65. My doc also said not to worry about the HR getting a little higher than 140, but I imagine I'll be enjoying a leisurely 14 mph pace anyway.

I'm bringing a friend who likely will want to go faster/farther, tho.

Flybye, are you camping? I haven't made a rezzy for that yet. Have you stayed at Hyrum Reservoir?

Flybye
05-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Cyclasutra - Congratulations on your baby. This is your first, right? When are you due? I think that it is great that you are riding - any number of miles you ride will top how many I ever rode while pregnant - and I have three kids!

I haven't heard of Hyrum - there was a lake-ish body of water off of the Highway that leads to and from the city of Logan to Wellsville. It looked flat, not too many trees, but very green. I wonder what that was called. It didn't look big enough to be considered a reservoir.

I have reservations at the Crystal Inn that is right down the road from the park in Wellsville. My husband was planning on coming initially, but he will be staying home to play midwife for our very pregnant dog who will be delivering any time after June 5th. I'm going to be a mother, too :p:p - of puppies, that is.

Are you camping with your friend?

Alex
05-23-2008, 08:46 PM
CyclaSutra,

I have never camped at Hyrum, but DH did a triathlon there about 2 years ago in July or August. The campgrounds looked very nice. Do remember to bring bug repellent. The mosquitoes were big and very hungry, even in the middle of the day (particularly in the shade).

Alex

Lifesgreat
05-26-2008, 06:16 PM
I haven't gotten the miles in I had hoped, so I think I may need to do the 80. I am going to go to the site and check out the routes and see where I can bail if I need to. Sorry! I was so looking forward to the 100, but wanted to give y'all a heads up now. I am going to try and get some miles in this week, but my longest ride this year has been 20 miles. That ain't good for a century ride. . .

sulis
06-05-2008, 04:12 AM
Picked up my packet last night - getting excited for the ride.

My friend and I will try for the century but not sure how far I will make it. I'm definitely out of shape and gorssly overweight this year.

The LRRH volunteers confirmed that we almost lost our precious ride. And in fact it is in peril for future years. Many many complaints about cyclists taking over the road and not obeying the traffic laws. The UHP denied the permit for the ride at first and only approved it after much begging.

Ladies, let's not loose our favorite ride. Please join me in being slightly naggy on the course to any offenders. My battle cry - "Don't Ride Wide!!!"

Although I plan to still leavel early. I know they beg us not to but I just don't like mass starts - even if they supposedly are dividing up by riding speed. Either way it gets messy and gross.

Hopefully I'll see a few of you on the road.

Remember - Don't Ride Wide!!!!

equus2
06-06-2008, 06:27 AM
I'm IN! Iowa Ragbrai-er from years ago, I'm in Utah now, getting back into biking. :D BUT, crummy weekend weather and poor discipline kept me from training. So much extra weight to lose. :( BUT, I'm registered for the ride. Short distance, though.

(Glad to see benefits go to Huntman - I'm a breast cancer survivor!)