PDA

View Full Version : No riding Here!

Surlygirl
01-22-2005, 06:43 AM
Places we're not likely to ride soon is more like it. I'm in the twenty to thirty of inches of snow belt that is suppose to start this afternoon. I'll have to live vicariously through the rest of you.
don't you just love New England in January!

spazzdog
01-22-2005, 06:51 AM
grrrrr!

I'm moving in with Corsair in Albuquerque, with frequent visits to Trek420 in SanFran.

Surlygirl
01-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Do you think they have room for all of us for a few months? Then they can come here in the summer when its unbelievably hot there.

massbikebabe
01-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Surly:

I hear ya pain. I spent yesterday stripping and cleaning my wheels and making them trainer ready...this sucks!! I am thinking about Nevada myself. My bro just moved there and loves it!

spazzdog
01-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Am watching RAM on ch 7 (NBC) 2:30-4:30. Turn it on as the blizzard closes in on us :eek:

fasteryet
01-22-2005, 11:38 AM
I knew I should have taped the TDF from the summer, so I could watch it and dream (and get motivated on my trainer) during these kind of days. We're up to about six inches so far, here in western NJ. There will be no outdoor riding for me for a while.
I am thinking I should start calling myself sloweryet.

sarahfixit
01-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Im about to head out to the thick of it. 14" so far!
Snow shovel for higher can get some fierce bucks in this area (like 40/hr). As the saying goes, time to make lemonade. :D

Surlygirl
01-22-2005, 03:25 PM
40 bucks and Hour!!!!! Yikes. That's why I have boys. Geez, at that amount you could buy a decent bike by spring.

sarahfixit
01-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Alas, it appears this town was taken by Craftsman. All but one person had a snowblower as an xmas gift. GRR. :rolleyes:

Barb
01-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Last night I dreamed it was one of those early spring days... you know the kind. Really warm even though the highest snow mounds are still hanging out and melting down. I was on my beautiful Bianchi riding for miles and miles. It was sooo nice. Then I woke up and had to let the dogs out. I actually had to shovel out a path for them because the snow drifts were over their heads.:rolleyes:

We got 10 inches with huge 2-3 foot drifts yesterday. I shoveled so much I don't even have the energy to go snowshoeing.

spazzdog
01-24-2005, 12:34 PM
For your injoyment, a couple of photos from our weekend "flurry".

These are the stairs (25 thank you) from our front door down to the street, before shoveling:

http://www.spazzdog.com/images/snowstair.jpg

And this is my JEEP this morning, after spending last night shoveling around her... god I hate snowplow drivers:

http://www.spazzdog.com/images/snowjeep.jpg

CorsairMac
01-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies: let me see - its sunny, clear as a bell and 60 right now here in beautiful downtown Albuquerque! The high tomorrow is 63 but it could turn chilly this weekend with highs only in the upper 50s. Since there are 15 people in my family, I always make sure I can sleep at least 15 - so ya'll come on down!

(ain't I a stinker?)

annie
01-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Empathy for those snowed-in ladies!!!

Snowed deep in the Midwest, too! I think we got hit by the same storm as it headed out your way.......... What a mess. I am spending much more time shoveling and x-country skiing than biking! It's okay - its exercise - but I would rather RIDE my BIKE!

annie

Surlygirl
01-25-2005, 04:14 AM
Can anybody draw a snowball hitting corsairmac? A big splat on the screen maybe.
Just kidding. Better be careful, we'll all end up on your doorstep for the winter.

maryellen
01-25-2005, 05:03 AM
let's charter a plane..............

spazzdog
01-25-2005, 06:02 AM
As requested... take this ya stinka!

http://www.spazzdog.com/images/corsairsnow.jpg

Surlygirl
01-25-2005, 08:28 AM
oh my sides hurt from laughing. Thanks spazz

massbikebabe
01-25-2005, 10:15 AM
I cannot believe this rotten weather...

we are on tap to get another 4-6 inches tomorrow....aaaaahh

I am having fun trying to do one leg spins on my trainer though.

karen
desperate for spring

massbikebabe
01-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Spazz...

you are the best!!!! By the way, in the spring catalogue Terry has a pair of socks that have a dog on them looks like your spazz.
I'll go and try to find a link

karen
still laughing

here's the link:http://www.sockguy.com/product169.html

DeniseGoldberg
01-25-2005, 11:35 AM
So who ordered all of this white stuff anyway? My bikes are all screaming at me - they want to ride!

Seriously though - thanks for this thread. It helps me to laugh about it when I read your posts. Maybe if we all chant no more snow in the Northeast together it will go away!

spazzdog
01-25-2005, 12:42 PM
chant loud darlin'... more is on the way tomorrow :mad:

CorsairMac
01-25-2005, 01:51 PM
OMG Spazz that was Hilarious! I want that as my avatar! I'm laughing so hard still I'm crying! That was Just too perfect!

ps: I just set it as my wallpaper so every morning when I get to work - I'll start my day with the giggles!

you are ALL just too precious!....thank you for being you!

Surlygirl
01-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Still laughing hours later!!!!

spazzdog
01-25-2005, 03:50 PM
email me a pic of the real Corsair and i'll see what I can whip up :D

annie
01-25-2005, 06:08 PM
oh, oh, oh, oh, this is too hilarious, Spazz!!! I laughed so hard I thought my gut would split! You are talented, to get that little Corsair avatar right where you wanted it. What d'ya say, Corsair?? You in all that snow??
And while we're at the chanting, can we add "No More Snow In the Midwest"?

annie

spazzdog
01-26-2005, 04:36 AM
It's 8:24 am EST and I have at least 2 inches of new snow and it's stlll comin' down. Supposed to snow into the wee hrs of tomorrow morning.

So, who didn't chant?

DeniseGoldberg
01-26-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by spazzdog
So, who didn't chant?

Hey -
I haven't stopped chanting... hate these snowy commutes with the crazy drivers, but I did make it to the office this morning (in my car that is, my bikes are still clean and shiny and safe at home).

Surlygirl
01-26-2005, 05:44 AM
That's it I'm doing the NO Snow Dance. Four to eight more today. You have to chant and do the dance, think Native American.

spazzdog
01-26-2005, 06:18 AM
come on you left coasters! help out here...CHANT!

NO MORE SNOW... NO MORE SNOW!

SadieKate
01-26-2005, 09:30 AM
I am! I am!

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

aka_kim
01-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Chanting and dancing here on rainy Left Coast.

SadieKate
01-26-2005, 10:39 AM
Ok, I 'fess up. A co-worker in Newton has been pressuring me into a meeting for today that I don't have time for and I know won't be productive. I caved in to his request (and title) and 2 secs later received notice that the Newton office is closing due to the snow. Meeting cancelled!

So I'm at the confessional. I'm so sorry, my subconscious must have caused it. 10 strikes with a flat tube! Must do penance.

spazzdog
01-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey! It's working!!

No precip expected until Monday! Keep it up... :cool:

CorsairMac
01-28-2005, 12:46 PM
and its Still beautiful and sunny out here in Albuquerque. But ya'll jinxed me - the high today is only gonna be 51 and tomorrow its only gonna be 48!
Spazz - I don't have any pixs of myself (read "getting to know you") I hate having my pix taken. But I am gonna bow down and let me dad take a pix of me bike so I can post it here - someday!
Also, I lived in Indiana for over 20 yrs.....I KNOW what its like to have snow and cold like that. Why do you think I DON"T live there anymore?! :rolleyes:

Surlygirl
01-28-2005, 04:25 PM
"and its Still beautiful and sunny out here in Albuquerque. But ya'll jinxed me - the high today is only gonna be 51 and tomorrow its only gonna be 48!"

Oh that is so sad Corsairmac. You're breaking my heart. We haven't been above freezing for the last 12 days. It was 3 degrees this morning when I took my kids to school and that's without wind chill, not to mention the snow up to my bum. I need spring bad.

sarahfixit
01-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Yeah, When I was out for some flying lessons yesterday morning it was 2 deg! Then today it was 40. Of course that meant I had to go riding today :cool:

Surlygirl
02-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Wahooo Ladies,
Its suppose to be 51 here today. It's that February tease when you think maybe winter is on the way out. HA. I'd ride but there is so much snow piled along the roads it makes it kind of dangerous. There is nowhere to go when some idiot decides to fly by to close. But look at that blue sky ladies. I think I'll head out and get a good dose of Vitamin sunshine.

DeniseGoldberg
02-06-2005, 08:22 AM
I actually rode yesterday - Route 125 in Andover is pretty much clear, although the shoulders aren't as wide as they should be. The other roads though were a totally different story - what a mess! Narrower than normal, and covered with puddles that unfortunately weren't just water but included a large dose of sand and salt.

http://denise.smugmug.com/photos/15426965-S-1.jpg

Here's what my poor bike looked like when I got home... needless to say the bike was cleaned and relubed before I hit the shower!

It was a great feeling to be out on the road again, and I can't believe that I'm actually seriously considering heading out again today. I think I'll just ride up and down route 125 a couple of times - that way I might be able to get a ride in without trashing my bike again!

massbikebabe
02-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Yup, just a teaser...but what a great weekend...

I didn't ride though because the shoulders are still so narrow and the water/re-freeze/ice still makes me a little nervous. I may put the mountain bike in the car and do a country road ride tomorrow. I have to take it slow because I am still recovering from the most nasty case of bronchitis...yuck!

karen

Selkie
02-06-2005, 01:03 PM
I feel your pain here in the DC area. For the last 2-3 weeks, we've had a couple snowfalls and cold temps (highs in the 30s). Yesterday, it went up to the 50s so I took my bike out to my favorite paved trail. Unfortunately, it was icy every place there was shade. Not fun. I'd get going, feeling good and then encounter a big stretch of rutted ice pack. I stuck it out about 45 minutes then turned for home. It hasn't rained since our last snow so there is sand/salt all over the roads, too. I live in a urban area and riding on the road is not pleasant due to rude, unsafe drivers who have zero respect for cyclists (I saw the aftermath of a cyclist getting hit by a car so I'm wary of risking any real road riding around here). Hopefully, we'll get some rain this week to clean everything up and the temps will stay about 35 degrees. Spring can't get here soon enough.

Denise---I hope you didn't drink out of that water bottle!

DeniseGoldberg
02-06-2005, 01:42 PM
...Spring can't get here soon enough.

Denise---I hope you didn't drink out of that water bottle!

Suzanne -
Nope - once the water bottle had a coat of sand and salt I gave up on it. Luckily it wasn't that warm, and I had a good drink from a clean glass when I got home!

Today was a different story though... it was a good 10 degrees cooler than yesterday, but that wonderful sunshine pulled me and my bike outside again. This time I stayed on route 125, which although it carries a bit of fossil-fuel vehicle traffic has a wide shoulder which was clean and dry. So I did an out-and-back ride with a few repeats of some sections of the road. I was happy since I was out on my bike, and my bike was happy since I stayed on dry pavement!

I'm with you though - the real spring can't get here soon enough!
--- Denise

spazzdog
02-07-2005, 06:03 AM
It was beautiful this weekend, but I did not venture out on my bike. It's wearing road slicks and I wasn't about to chance the big "BOOM" (the sound of my body hitting the pavement).

I did, however, set up my new trainer (Kinetic Fluid) and begin my "pedal to Cinderella" in earnest. Got a good 45 min in and definitely need to do some seat adjustments - I'm slanting down at the nose a smidge too much. Love the new trainer... it's so quiet compared to my old Cyclops wind. And I'm set up on hardwood floors.

newfsmith
02-07-2005, 03:55 PM
I took advantage of the predicted post-super-bowl calling in sick to try my route to work for the first time again today. There are only 3 places left where the road narrows to a lane & a half, of course one of them is about a half mile long. I'm back in business after the longest weather related break in 5 years of commuting. I'm expecting lots of leg cramps tonight (sigh).

CorsairMac
02-08-2005, 10:58 AM
welcome back to the wonderful world of commuting newf!! Its gotten to the point I'm not commuting anymore - I'm obsessed! and joining a Virtual RAAM isn't helping the addiction any!......now I'm planning my commute to maximise the miles for the RAAM ride!

Surlygirl
02-28-2005, 04:11 AM
okay ladies snow again. Do we have a bull's eye on Mass this year or what?
I can't take another foot of snow, especially when I'm reading about all the rides the California crowd is doing. Start chanting.

DeniseGoldberg
02-28-2005, 04:44 AM
I'm chanting, I'm chanting - but I don't think it's working. Maybe I need a new chant...

Let's see, this predicted storm will be our introduction to the month of March in the Northeast. Can we at least send our wishes up to the weather wizards that we can have warmer and drier weather by the end of the month?

SadieKate
02-28-2005, 08:00 AM
Oh, so sorry! I got distracted by all the spring flowers this weekend.

Ooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :o

Surlygirl
02-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Oh a wise guy from Cal eee For Knee Aye. :rolleyes: I saw spring flowers this weekend too, okay it was at the flower show but spring is nowhere in sight for us. Arg.

newfsmith
02-28-2005, 05:17 PM
It has reached the time of the winter when I am well and truly sick of it. I've only averaged 3 days a week commuting this winter, with a stretch of 2 weeks with no riding at all. This is the time to put the fake pansies in the vent holes of my helmet. After all, it can't look any more silly than the truck brake light and amber marker lights all over my winter bike! Spring is coming though, the buckets are hanging in the sugar bush.

Trek420
02-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Surlygirl "Do you think they have room for all of us for a few months? Then they can come here in the summer when its unbelievably hot there."

sorry folks, rarely gets unbelievably hot here in the cities by the Bay, you may be thinking of Sonoma County where I was once on the Healdsburg Harvest Century and it was 106 in the shade (great century by the way) but it's pretty temperate here.

I'd trade it all if I could just shake this cold, lost my voice, coughing up a lung. Today is the first day I have not felt dizzy when not horizontal (resting on the couch, get your minds out of the gutter) so may try an easy spin.
:cool: :rolleyes:

Surlygirl
03-01-2005, 04:55 AM
sorry you don't feel well Trek420. Its still snowing here this morning and the kids are home this morning.
I say we just show up at their door and not leave till spring. Free room and board, nice weather, and new places to ride. :D
This is the worst part of the year, still snowing and waiting for spring.

Trek420
03-01-2005, 05:28 AM
aka_kim, jobob, AG....help! this is what we get for bragging about the weather and cycling. :eek:

SadieKate
03-01-2005, 07:28 AM
Well, I live in the oh so flat and hot central valley so while I was a bit smark-alecky earlier with the flowers bit I will be humbled when it hits the 90s and 100s. But you got to take your moments when you can.

Sunny today with an expected high of 64 (and for the next several days). Only 1 hide-a-bed available and you have to be willing to sleep with the 5 road bikes and the superb poodle .

Surlygirl
03-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Cool, can we pick whatever bike we want? Maybe a different one for every day of the week to try. Then I don't have to get mine dirty.
I'll be sure to let you know when its 70 degrees and a gorgeous Spring day in New England while you guys are sweating bullets. :cool:

SadieKate
03-01-2005, 07:48 AM
Cool, can we pick whatever bike we want? Maybe a different one for every day of the week to try.
Now, you've done it. The superb poodle is pouting that you didn't mention him. He says he makes a fun roommate and only takes up three-quarters of the bed :p

DeniseGoldberg
03-01-2005, 07:59 AM
Now, you've done it. The superb poodle is pouting that you didn't mention him. He says he makes a fun roommate and only takes up three-quarters of the bed :p

Hey - tell your poodle that I'd be happy to share a room (a bed!) with him. Does he have his own bike so he can go wandering with us?

SadieKate
03-01-2005, 08:20 AM
You planning a trip through here?

DeniseGoldberg
03-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Nothing planned right now - I was just kidding, driven by my snow frustration! But I still don't know where I'll be touring this year...

Surlygirl
03-01-2005, 09:58 AM
My extreme apologies to said poodle. Don't tell my cats.

SadieKate
03-01-2005, 10:35 AM
My extreme apologies to said poodle. Don't tell my cats.

His Royal Highness graciously accepts as he likes cats.

CorsairMac
03-01-2005, 02:35 PM
*sigh*...and here it is sunny, gorgeous, and 48 right now. Theres not a cloud in the sky, some spinkles of snow on the mountains and I'm trying to decide it I can go down to 2 upper layers for my ride home! *sigh*.....it so rough being me!

newfsmith
03-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Yesterday was so nice, I could actually spin some decent speeds on my way home. Even this morning it was 40F and just starting to rain. Come 5:00pm the sleet line hit work, just as I was leaving and the temp had dropped to 28. The wind was pretty stiff. By the time I was nearing home the snow was on. My husband said I was totally crazy, he's right, but I'm totally stir crazy. I'd hoped that this week I would be able to ride all 5 work days; but if we get 4 to 8 inches tonight, tomorrow will be out. This is the worst winter of the 5 I've commuted. I usually have switched to my hybrid by this time. Bare pavement thats all I want. Of course then I'll ask for the potholes to be filled. Meanwhile, my new road bike hangs in the basement.

Bike conversation overheard from the basement:
Hi, I'm Honeybee, who are you, and what happened to you?
I'm Virtual Reality, but she calls me VR for short. I just got back from a winter ride, so I'm covered in salt and sand. Then I have all these lights on me, and reflective tape. She be down to clean me up a little after supper. I'll feel a lot better after that. It's bad enough out that I may have tomorrow off.
Geez, I thought it was going to be fun, when Doug was tuning me up he promised me lots of miles, but he didn't say anything about this.
Oh don't worry, talk to Flora and Ruby over in the cornor. She doesn't treat them like this, although she did put fenders on them. They go out the rest of the year, I'm the only one that goes out in this kind of weather.
Now VR, you know perfectly well that Ruby goes out on New Year's day, and I did the work year round that first year. She made studded tires for me that winter. I've got a lot of miles for a little bike, and a good number of them in winter.
Calm down Flora, you know you don't really want to go out in the winter anymore, you always complain about your chain hurting. Honeybee is just trying to get the lay of the land here. Ruby, you explain things to Honeybee, if you aren't too jealous.
VR, what do you mean saying I'm jealous. We all arrived here without fenders and racks. We are all meant to work. I just happen to be the one that gets to travel and work. I've been out of state, you know. Now Honeybee, you are a little on the delicate looking side. I don't know if you will be able to pull your weight in this stable.
Hold on Ruby, she talks to herself when she rides to work, you know that.
Yes, that's true. Some days she about makes me scream with her muttering.
Well all right, I've been listening to her carefully. She has been talking a lot about Honeybee here and her plans for her. Honeybee isn't here to be a work bike like us. She's going to stay a road bike. You go out with Dan and the kids, Flora. Ruby, you take her to work and tour someday. Honeybee, you will take her on long rides to train for touring. We've all got jobs, no reason to be jealous.
VR is right as usual Honeybee. I was just being old and cranky. Glad you're here, isn't that right Ruby?
It sure is Flora.
Thanks guys, I'm glad to be someplace where I won't get lonely.
Can it guys, she coming downstairs. Don't anybody get between my bath and lube!

Surlygirl
03-08-2005, 06:44 PM
All I hear in my basement is crying and "I hate the snow, I hate the snow, I want to go out." Surly is becoming my nature not my name. :mad:

newfsmith
03-12-2005, 12:07 PM
No, its more like it's snowballing here. Excuse me while I go scream.

Surlygirl
03-13-2005, 05:19 AM
Can I join you in the screaming? About 10 new inches here where I am this morning. Out west its in the 80's. It looks like January, not March.

DeniseGoldberg
03-13-2005, 05:34 AM
My bikes and I would like to join you in the screaming! It's the middle of March, and I can't believe we haven't seen any sign of spring yet.

While I'd prefer warmer temperatures, right now my bikes & I would be happy with dry roads! It's supposed to be in the 30s today, and if the roads were dry I'd definitely be out there. But given that I believe my poor bike would be covered in salt and mud within 5 minutes, my outdoor activity today is going to be limited to walking!

...wishing for no more snow, no more snow, and warmer temperatures too!

annie
03-14-2005, 06:11 AM
It's snowing here, too, but NOTHING like the snow you ladies out east have gotten. Still........... it's enough to keep me inside on the trainer instead of outside on the roads so I can empathize a bit! I feel your pain! I have little "Think Spring" signs up all over my house. They aren't having any effect, as far as I can tell. I was able to get outside on the bike this past weekend, but the high temp for the day was 24 and the wind was 15-25 mph, which made wind chill a consideration. Not the most pleasant of rides, but at least I was out! It was worth a slight numbness of the extremities. :eek:

I think we will have earned some beautiful April weather, after surviving the stuff we are getting in March.

annie

CorsairMac
03-14-2005, 01:55 PM
OK OK.....I learned my lesson.....no more "gee its Gorgeous" comments! It's SNOWING :eek: in New Mexico! (insert fowl languague here).....I mean the mountains are Completely gone...covered in storm clouds and we have accumulation. I drove today coz it was supposed to Rain all day but the rain became snow and driving home with idiots that have Not a Clue how to drive in the snow is going to be a challange. I don't even OWN a snow brush and my truck is covered! I didn't bring mittens, gloves....heck I don't even have a heavy coat in the truck....we aren't supposed to get this kinda weather. I am Most disturbed!
Spazz....did you do this?? Mass??...Denise??......fess up...Who did this?! :p

Surlygirl
03-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Not me (hee hee). Just kidding. Since its such an unusual event for you, look at it as a beautiful change of scenery. I love the first snow of the season. Its the rest of the winter I hate. At least you know it will be gone shortly. The ground is still white here. I wouldn't mess with the girls in New England anymore if I were you. ;)

DeniseGoldberg
03-14-2005, 03:03 PM
OK OK..... It's SNOWING :eek: in New Mexico! (insert fowl languague here).....I am Most disturbed!

Nope, not me either! I've had enough of this white stuff - but then again I had enough of it as soon as it started, and mid-March is definitely too late for this nonsense. The weather wizard I've been talking to doesn't seem to be listening, but I won't take the credit (or the blame) for snow in New Mexico!

--- Denise

Adventure Girl
03-14-2005, 03:13 PM
It's warm and sunny here in California. I mountain biked on Saturday and did a great 50 mile road ride in the sunshine along the coast on Sunday. :D

We love our weather out here, but a 950 square foot house (2 bedrooms / 1 bath) costs almost a half million. :mad:

It hasn't snowed here in 40 years, but we all have to pay in one way or another...

SadieKate
03-14-2005, 03:49 PM
It's SNOWING :eek: in New Mexico! (insert fowl languague here).....I mean the mountains are Completely gone...covered in storm clouds and we have accumulation. I drove today coz it was supposed to Rain all day but the rain became snow and driving home with idiots that have Not a Clue how to drive in the snow is going to be a challange. I don't even OWN a snow brush and my truck is covered! I didn't bring mittens, gloves....heck I don't even have a heavy coat in the truck....we aren't supposed to get this kinda weather. I am Most disturbed!

And, there are those who say global warming doesn't exist. When I was a toddler in AbuQ X decades ago it wasn't unusual for it to snow in town. Maybe not a lot, but nobody was surprised about it. A couple weeks ago we had 2 tornados in West Sacramento. The weather is getting weirder and weirder.

massbikebabe
03-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Gee, I am truly sorry that you had to join our white little club...but I am trying to stay optimistic and like Annie THINK SPRING...it's supposed to be 40+ all week here in Massachusetts so I am going to try to get all my work done early so I can ride with my son when he gets out of school!! :)

karen

Surlygirl
03-15-2005, 05:31 AM
Hey Karen,
Where did you buy your Brooks saddle?
Jody

CorsairMac
03-15-2005, 07:02 AM
Just as an update - hell hath no fury like.......insert choice here. Albuquerque had about 4-6" of snow on the ground this morning and they are predicting another 5-8" before the end of the day. Having been born and raised in Mich and Ind I've driven in these conditions but Abq has Not a clue how to handle something like this. They shut down both major interstates yesterday through the canyons and the streets are very icy and slick. 2/3s of the businesses are closed today as are the schools. We even made the National Weather Channel! Woohoo.....anyway - this is bad for us and it's going to get worse before it gets better. Please keep Abq in your thoughts.

PS: Saw a very brave soul riding his bike this morning by-the-way! You Go Guy!

massbikebabe
03-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Jody:

I got my Brooks at Harris in Newton. I am working in the Newton area these days so if there is anything you need from Harris let me know...we can make arrangements.

karen

massbikebabe
03-15-2005, 07:04 PM
CorsairMac:

To you I bequeth my coveted broken snow brush with the missing bristles from over use. Here is another added tip from an old New Englander...credit cards scrape windshields nicely should you once again find yourself up a creek without a snow brush... :D

karen

CorsairMac
03-16-2005, 08:23 AM
Wooohoo....Finally a GOOD excuse for why I need to get a credit card!!! You are - as always - too kind karen, what would I do without friends like you. As for facing anymore days like this?.......word just came thru I'm moving to Phoenix sometime (hopefully VERY) soon so I won't have any more days like this!

Surlygirl
03-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Hey Karen,
Thanks for the offer. I haven't really decided which Brooks to try. Did you find the B17 long? My current saddle is 10 inches so the B17 would be longer. Do you have the B17 S for women or the regular B17?

CorsairMac, good luck on your move and hopefully it won't snow there.

massbikebabe
03-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Jody:

I have the B17 standard. I had one of these for years and finally upgraded. The nose is very long but it works ok for me. You can try mine one of these days if the weather ever improves. Son and I may do East Bay BP this weekend.

karen

Surlygirl
03-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Hey Karen, are you sure the EB is even plowed? I have no idea if they plow it or if they use it for skiing. I'm wondering if it will be icy too. Hubby and I definately want to get on the road this weekend so we may just stay local even though I like the trails better. First ride of the season is going to kill me anyway.

JesTutripup
04-23-2005, 07:57 AM
What's going on? I know April showers bring May flowers, but Snow? What's that suppose to bring..other than accidents?

Folks brains are in spring/summer mode: fast hard driving. I guess only in Pittsburgh.

Everyone enjoy your sunny time out.

singletrackmind
04-23-2005, 08:33 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/smcr/snowball.gif

All we can have here in Mo is a pollen fight!!

snapdragen
04-23-2005, 09:07 AM
All we can have here in Mo is a pollen fight!!

Ugh! Pollen will be the death of me. I'm chugging Airborne every 3 hours, my sinuses are beginning to think having warm saline poured through them is normal. :eek:

spazzdog
05-01-2005, 08:25 AM
All local networks PROMISED today would be sunny and dry... 65.

Even weather.com and weather.gov

It's noon, it's drizzly and temps in the 40's. I'm soooo hating it!!!

:( sulky-spazz

Crankin
05-01-2005, 12:45 PM
It does stink. I was set to go on a 45 mile ride today. Oh well. It's freezing out!!
Denise and I rode about 15.5 miles yesterday. It started raining right when we started, but it wasn't too bad. At least it's better than nothing. Tomorrow looks good, so another short, after work ride.

spazzdog
05-01-2005, 01:34 PM
yeah... i was set for a 25 miler to a friends house to watch the tour de georgia on OLN.

I didn't ride due to weather and my friend had something come up.

no ride... no race.

oh well.

spazz

CorsairMac
05-01-2005, 08:11 PM
so Spazz - do you wanna know who won??? :p

spazzdog
05-02-2005, 04:49 AM
no... i know who won. i "watched" it on the internet on the days it was happening. cyclenews had a real time verbal description going on...

so i didn't watch the race, but i did read it. ;)

spazz

Surlygirl
05-02-2005, 05:55 AM
So Hubby and I rode part of the Hopkinton Ramble on Saturday. When we started it was just overcast but we ended up doing 25 miles in the drizzle and cold. I was beat. I don't know how I'm going to keep up with you girls!!! You'll just have to have a loooonnnng casual lunch and wait for me to get there. If it gets dark send out a search party.

Yesterday we went to Belmont Wheelworks. Hundreds of bikes right. They didn't have ONE that fit me, a short 5'0 woman. Yes we asked. It is so frustrating not being able to test ride bikes. I did sit on a 44 Specialized but it still wasn't right. Maybe with 650 wheels I could get the clearance. ARG. :mad:
I'm seriously considering custom now. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want it to fit right, not just almost. Rant over.

massbikebabe
05-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Jody;

Have you tried Bicycle Alley here in Worcester??? They usually have a small frame or two around? What are you looking for? I might be able to point
you into the right shop.

karen

ps-I don't think I will be home the 14th...that's the BIG anniversary weekend

DeniseGoldberg
05-02-2005, 06:47 AM
I'm seriously considering custom now. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want it to fit right, not just almost.
The bikes I ride - 1 Peter Mooney, & 2 Bike Fridays - are all custom. I've had good experience w/ custom, and even with custom you can agree on a price range. I'd say go for it!
--- Denise

Surlygirl
05-02-2005, 06:57 AM
Hey Karen, thought you'd gone missing. Sorry you can't join us the 14th.

I wasn't there to buy yesterday. Hubby was there to try out one of the Orbeas. Nice bike, but not my style. Anyway, he was pushing me to try bikes. I have poked around at Bike Alley and I'm sure Neil would help me find a bike once I get serious. I saw one with 650 wheels there a few months ago. I just need to figure out what I want and if they make one my size.

Crankin
05-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi Jody,

I got both of my WSD road bikes at Landry's in Westborough. Both are 47 cm, w/ 650 wheels. I'm 5 foot one, so I can relate. The first was a Cannondale, which did not fit me as well, even with modifications. However, it was not their top of the line. I have a Trek 5200 now and I love it. I bought an 03 model in 04, so the price was right. Someone I know from the health club just got the top of the line Cannondale WSD and she loves it (she's even shorter than me). She got it at Cycle Loft. I think a lot of companies are having delivery trouble now; I bought my Trek in the middle of the summer, when most people already have their bikes for the season.
Don't worry about your speed on the 14th. I will stay with you, since I won't know where the heck I am!
It's raining again.... so I am about to put on my rain gear and go for a walk. I had targeted this week to hit 500 miles. Let's hope it clears up.

Robyn

Surlygirl
05-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi Robyn,
Raining here too. I'm hoping you mean 500 miles this season so far not this week! ;) You're still way ahead of me. Most of the roads on the ramble are narrow back roads which aren't to busy. Road surfaces varied from newly paved, to good, old, pay attention, New England rough stuff. Most roads are marked pretty well.

I must just have a really short inseam. I looked at a Cannondale, a Specialized and the Trek 5200. Sweet bike that Trek. Just not sure I want to go Carbon. I know, most people would kill for a carbon but I'm not sure yet. I check out all the bike shops around here since I'm sort of in the middle of all of them. I've been in Bike Alley, Milford Cycle, Landry's, Bicycle Barn and this was my first time to Belmont Wheelworks. What a zoo that was. I think Bike Alley is still my favorite. I've also been to Pedal Power in Acton. They wanted a $500 deposit to order a Terry bike for me to try. Hmmm, I don't think so. Like I said, I just have to figure out what I want. I have a perfectly nice bike, its just HEAVY.

spazzdog
05-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Hi grrls... raining again today. I sure hope it gets it all out this week. I'm starting to grow moss on my north side.

I saw a new grrl from Lowell on the board, Anaphase (?). Perhaps she'll join us on the 14th?

spazz

DeniseGoldberg
05-02-2005, 02:14 PM
and this was my first time to Belmont Wheelworks. What a zoo that was.
In my experience, Belmont Wheelworks is a great shop - but it's almost always packed on the weekends. I've head best luck with early morning visits on weekend days, or with going during the day during the week. That may not be an option for you given where you live... if I need a weekday visit I usually just take my lunch break at an odd time, or make up my "bike shop time instead of work time" at the beginning or end of the day.
--- Denise

DeniseGoldberg
05-02-2005, 02:22 PM
I had targeted this week to hit 500 miles. Let's hope it clears up. Robyn
Robyn -
Your mileage target made me check my log for the year. And guess what - I will hit 500 miles this week too! I thought I was really lagging behind, but I just checked my logs for 2003 and 2004, and I'm right on target!

So thanks for helping me to feel better about my progress too!
And thanks for making me realize that I can ride with others successfully - I enjoyed our ride on Saturday even though the wet stuff coming out of the sky made us cut it a bit short.

--- Denise

newfsmith
05-02-2005, 04:32 PM
I must just have a really short inseam. I looked at a Cannondale, a Specialized and the Trek 5200. Sweet bike that Trek. Just not sure I want to go Carbon. I know, most people would kill for a carbon but I'm not sure yet. I check out all the bike shops around here since I'm sort of in the middle of all of them. I've been in Bike Alley, Milford Cycle, Landry's, Bicycle Barn and this was my first time to Belmont Wheelworks. What a zoo that was. I think Bike Alley is still my favorite. I've also been to Pedal Power in Acton. They wanted a $500 deposit to order a Terry bike for me to try. Hmmm, I don't think so. Like I said, I just have to figure out what I want. I have a perfectly nice bike, its just HEAVY.

I'm slightly under 5 feet now that I'm shrinking. I have a Terry Col de Madaleine in the 16 inch frame and a new Felt F70 with a 47 frame and 650 wheels. Both fit me comfortably. If you are interested in trying them let me know, I will be around next week-end, but not the following. By the way, if you are interested in a Terry you should go to Harris Cyclery in West Newton. It is right off the pike so it is fairly easy to get to. They are one of the largest Terry dealers in New England, besides being the home base of Sheldon Brown.

Surlygirl
05-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Thanks Newfsmith, what a great offer. I know you can't make our ride on the 14th but we should all get together again and I'd love to see your bikes. It will be interesting to see what everyone is riding.
I am familiar with Harris via the web, but have never actually been there, so I may have to put that on my list of shops to visit. I'd like to try the new Terry Isis which comes with two same size wheels in 650.

Hey Denise I've never ridden with a group either, so needless to say I'm nervous too. I usually ride with hubby. As for Belmont, it was a nice shop and I know how busy most shops are on the weekends but it's the only time hubby can go. I usually only venture to shops during the early weekday mornings when they are pretty slow.

DeniseGoldberg
05-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Hey Denise I've never ridden with a group either, so needless to say I'm nervous too...
OK, we ought to make quite a group then! Seriously, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and Saturday made me realize that doing occasional non-solo rides will be a nice change of pace for me.
--- Denise

CorsairMac
05-03-2005, 10:42 AM
OK, we ought to make quite a group then! Seriously, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and Saturday made me realize that doing occasional non-solo rides will be a nice change of pace for me.
--- Denise
I'm with you on this Denise - I spend so much time on the bike alone it was a blast riding with friends last weekend. We've already set up another ride time this weekend and I'm planning on a metric century (thanks for the motivation TE ladies) the same day all you MASS girls ride......I'm calling it my virtual "ride with the MASS girls" ride! :D Since ya'll are 2 hrs ahead of me I won't be starting at YOUR start time but let me know what time ya'll are meeting and riding, and I'll plan that for my time too!

DeniseGoldberg
05-03-2005, 10:52 AM
We've already set up another ride time this weekend and I'm planning on a metric century (thanks for the motivation TE ladies) the same day all you MASS girls ride......I'm calling it my virtual "ride with the MASS girls" ride! :
The MASS girls ride is on the 14th - and we're meeting at 10am. I'll be riding on my own this coming weekend though, so we still could overlap in ride times...

Crankin
05-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Hi Everyone,
Jody, yea the people at Pedal Power are sort of a-------. My younger son worked there one summer when he was in high school. They know their stuff, but the owner, Joyce is a little abrupt. They have a captive market, especially if you don't want to out of the area. I am really looking forward to the 14th.
Yes, I meant 500 miles for the season. I did get out today for a very short 13.5 mile steep hill ride with my husband. And guess what? Right in Acton, on a street i always ride on, someone threw an egg at me and hit me on the back of my jacket. We went back afterwards, in the car and found the shells and more shells hidden behind the wall of a house. We rang the bell and no one answered, although the TV was on. I would like to scare the crap out of the kids who did it. I should call the police, but it seems stupid. We found out the name of the house owner, but the phone is unlisted. I think i will pay the mom a visit when I have time. We were in a hurry, since we had to leave for an AMC bike committee meeting in Bedford. Well, there's always something. At least it didn't hit my bike! And I will hit 500 by the weekend. I will be leading a 25 mile ride on Sat. and plan to do 45 on Sunday.

Surlygirl
05-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Wow, Robin, you're a better woman than me. I would have had the cell phone out and the cops on the phone. I even carry a pencil in my pack so I can take down License plate numbers. It comes from having to many close calls. I rode 25 yesterday and I'm in my granny pedaling up a hill and some jerk in a van sort of pulls up beside me and keeps nudging me over till I finally had to stop or get run into the dirt. Then he rolls down the window and says "hey where is there a gas station?" I couldn't believe it. If he didn't have a kid in the back I would have told him to take a flying leap. So I tell him where there is a gas station. I start pedaling again and then he pulls a u-turn right in front of me. No "Thank you" or anything. ERRRRRRRRRR.

On a good note I ran into Walter, who was spray painting 6's on the road. He leads the Charles River wheelmen on a 6 state tour on Memorial day weekend starting in Lincoln, MA and he was marking the route. We talked for awhile and then played tag over the next 10 miles. They ride 150 miles the first day and then 100 the second and third day. YIKES.

CorsairMac
05-04-2005, 10:25 AM
The MASS girls ride is on the 14th - and we're meeting at 10am. I'll be riding on my own this coming weekend though, so we still could overlap in ride times...

yuppers - it looks like we'll be overlapping this weekend. My MTB plans got changed so I'm going to tackle a metric century this Sat. I'll be thinking of ya hun out on your ride while I'm tooling around on mine! Kinda makes me feel so not all alone! (course I may just call the sweet ex-racer guy and see if he wants to join me! ;) )

Crankin
05-04-2005, 05:36 PM
I decided not to call the police, but I will be paying the mother a little visit tomorrow or Friday night. I have had very little issues with people saying stuff and nobody throwing things before this. There's always crazy drivers, but not so many around here, since I seem to live in the center of the area where all the Boston bike clubs come to ride. So, drivers are just used to seeing groups of cyclists.
My husband and I get to paint the arrows on the road for a 50 mile ride that's on June 4th. I think we may do it from the car. Doing it on the bike will take forever. Guess I'll have fun with the spray paint.

anaphase
05-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi all,
I'll try to make it on the 14th. I haven't riden with a group or in traffic for over 10 years, so it should be interesting. :)

Robyn, I have had stuff thrown at me while running. Once, I was hit in the chest with a 32oz coke from McDonalds. :mad: Another time, someone threw a beer bottle at me. But then again, I live in Lowell. Heheh. Hope the parents don't give you the "not my baby - that's impossible!" routine.

Surlygirl
05-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey Annaphase, we'd love to have you. Hope to see you on the 14th.

Crankin
05-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Well, I'm a middle school teacher, so there isn't anything a parent could say that I couldn't respond to.

Just came home from a 16 mile ride. It was nice out. Saturday looks awful. There goes my first co-leading experience.
Jody, can you give directions to the Hopkinton town green from 495? I have no idea where to go.

Thanks!!!

Surlygirl
05-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Its a piece of cake Robyn. Take the Hopkinton Exit off of 495. You then just stay straight on West Main St. Its maybe 2 miles if that. You'll go through 3 lights and after going through the third set of lights in the center of town the common is at the top of the hill on route 135.

spazzdog
05-06-2005, 04:13 AM
OK... the supposedly sunny 70's weekend has suddenly become a 48-56 degree NorEaster. Wind gusts up to 50 mph and driving rain.

Have I mentioned how much I hate the weather in New England...

We're gonna need some intense sun dancing for next weekend. On the "just in case" side of things, anyone have any preferences for a rain date for our MA TE ride currently scheduled for May 14 @ Hopkinton?

:( spazz

DeniseGoldberg
05-06-2005, 04:24 AM
On the "just in case" side of things, anyone have any preferences for a rain date for our MA TE ride currently scheduled for May 14 @ Hopkinton?
:( spazz
I could do the 15th or the 21st as a rain date.

I just can't believe the switch in this weekend's forecast. I had planned 3 days of riding - I'm supposed to be taking Monday off to ride, but if I wake up and it's raining again I think I'll go to work and take a sunny day off... The weather wizards really don't seem to be paying much attention to us. I have to admit I'm really tired of this weather.

--- Denise

Surlygirl
05-06-2005, 04:28 AM
We are suppose to get hammered this weekend with rain. Bummer. I'm free on the 21st also to ride if it rains.
Hey I have a suggestion. How about we meet at the common but then drive to Woodville and park at the boat landing. There are usually parking spaces and its on the lake. This avoids busy Hop town on the weekend and riding route 135 up and back which can be really busy. Its only 3 miles to the landing. So lets meet at the Gazebo and talk about it. You guys wanted to do about 35 miles right????

DeniseGoldberg
05-06-2005, 04:32 AM
How about we meet at the common but then drive to Woodville and park at the boat landing. There are usually parking spaces and its on the lake. This avoids busy Hop town on the weekend and riding route 135 up and back which can be really busy. Its only 3 miles to the landing. So lets meet at the Gazebo and talk about it. You guys wanted to do about 35 miles right????
Both the drive to an alternate start spot and 35 miles sound good to me.
--- Denise

spazzdog
05-06-2005, 04:33 AM
I think we should all pool our resources and move to Corsair's neck of the woods.

She could put an addition on her house (which I'd be happy to help design).

We'll have an automatic women's bike club.

We can ride to the Frontier across from UNM for coffee, homemade sweet rolls and green chili cheeseburgers on a regular basis.

The sun almost always shines. Skiing is available for the snowbirds in our midst...

Watch me while I pack my bags :D

suitcase spazz

P.S. As to the rain date... y'all pick a date and let me know. I'm pretty flexible.

Trek420
05-06-2005, 05:23 AM
I'll see you there. It's supposed to rain here in Sunny CA on Sunday.

DeniseGoldberg
05-06-2005, 05:29 AM
I think we should all pool our resources and move to Corsair's neck of the woods.
suitcase spazz

I certainly hope that Corsair is prepared to share with all of us - I've definitely had enough of the northeast! Too bad I still like my job because my dreams of moving west are getting louder and louder. I wonder how long I can successfully ignore them...
--- Denise

Crankin
05-06-2005, 11:17 AM
I can do the 21st as a rain date. I decided to cancel my co-lead on a ride on Cape Ann because the leader emailed me and said I had to pre ride it with him (I have no time) and that he just gives the people a map, no cue sheet. He sounds like an idiot. I can barely SEE a map without my reading glasses; how could I lead others? I have to think of a big lie to tell him.
Yes, the weather stinks for the weekend (I'm hoping to salvage Sunday PM), but I will be honest. I moved back here from Tempe (AZ) after 16 years there and 4 in Miami. There's more to life than endless summer. Of course, I didn't ride then, but it would be too hot for me to ride in 113 degrees and the cool temperature of 90 at night. There was about 3 maybe 4 months of good weather there, too. The quality of life is so much better here. No endless strip malls and everything does not look the same. Yes, life is easier without bad weather, but I know I made the right decision. I guess if you moved to Southern Cal. it would be perfect weather, but the people are really screwed up--my parents have lived in San Diego since 1979, so I have spent a lot of time there. I hope this makes sense. Everytime I go outside and look at the leaves coming out on the trees, I feel happy. I can't really describe it, but after so many years with no seasons, every change is still amazing to me!

CorsairMac
05-06-2005, 12:32 PM

She could put an addition on her house (which I'd be happy to help design).

We'll have an automatic women's bike club.

We can ride to the Frontier across from UNM for coffee, homemade sweet rolls and green chili cheeseburgers on a regular basis.

The sun almost always shines. Skiing is available for the snowbirds in our midst...

suitcase spazz

P.S. As to the rain date... y'all pick a date and let me know. I'm pretty flexible.

Putting fresh sheets on the beds tonight when I get home hun.....ya'll come on out anytime! I'm even learning some nice routes in and around Abq so we can be an Amici Veloci extension and scare the bejesus outta the biker boys!! ;) Heck at the rate I'm going, I'll probably even have enough Bikes for ya'll! LOL

Surlygirl
05-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Yup, rain,wind and COLD here. I thought winter was over. I can deal with sprinkles, but not with wind and cold, that just makes for miserable riding.
Anyway, Happy Mothers day to all you moms out there.

anaphase
05-08-2005, 02:01 PM
It wasn't too bad up in Groton today - a few sprinkles, but nothing too wet. Very windy though.

I rode 14+ miles on the Nashua River Rail Trail which is soooooo flat. For the maiden voyage of the Allez, it was pretty sweet. Now I just need to master some hills. :)

Crankin
05-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Ditched the cycling for a hike today. We were waffling for about an hour, but my heart wasn't in it. I find when I feel that way, sometimes it's better not to go and to do some other activity. It was sprinking and when we finished it started raining harder. The wind is what stopped me, though.
Happy Mother's Day to all...this is my second childless Mother's Day. One is in the Marines and one is studying for finals/last semester at UMass.

Jo-n-NY
05-09-2005, 09:04 AM
I really hate to say this, but Long Island did not get the rain they were saying we were going to get right through Friday night. Needless to say because I didn't expect anything but rain on Saturday I planned the day which did not incorporate riding, but Sunday, although very windy the sun broke out in the early afternoon and I went for a good 25 mile ride by myself because my we own a retail store and the only day we get to ride together is when I take a vacation day from work on Thursdays his day off.

Needless to say, I am taking this Thursday off as we are heading to Westcheser to ride our favorite trail. They keep extending it so I don't know how far it will go since the last time we rode it. hmmmm wonder what our chances are of actually getting a full week of sun. That will truely be amazing.

I am sorry the rest of the NE didn't get to ride over the weekend.

~JoAnn

spazzdog
05-24-2005, 05:56 AM
Due to the near biblical amount of rain that has fallen and continues to fall (forcasted to go on thru Sat), I've started a new project.

I'm building an Ark in my back room... all New England TE'ers welcome to join in. Bring your pets.

Sailing soon...

spazz - shaking the water out of her fur.

DeniseGoldberg
05-24-2005, 05:59 AM
I'm building an Ark in my back room... all New England TE'ers welcome to join in. Bring your pets.

Sailing soon...

spazz - shaking the water out of her fur.

Hey - I'm with you! I can't believe I was actually trying to figure out how far I'd have to drive (with my bike in my car, of course) to find dry weather for the weekend. Not going there, but the thought did cross my mind!

--- Denise

massbikebabe
05-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Spazz...

I'll bring my bichon frise Eliza...can I also bring Molly and Conor, the kiddies? They are young and very strong...we may need them for rowing!!

karen

Asphaltgirl
05-24-2005, 06:59 AM
well, there goes my weekend biking on the Cape and/or the sports car racing in Connecticut. Spazz-I've got some left over wood from the winter heating season that I'll send your way. How about building a nice track on the top deck for possible bike riding?
Barb in the Berkshires

Surlygirl
05-24-2005, 07:20 AM
I love the ark Idea, and I'm bringing my son Noah and his brothers and dad.

Crankin
05-24-2005, 11:34 AM
This rain is really annoying, but it LOOKS like the weekend will be OK. At leastnot raining, but cloudy. I am going to spin tonight for the first time in 5 weeks. Yesterday I hiked up a hill in the conservation land.

Guess there will be no real riding this week.

spazzdog
05-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Bring the children and the men... we'll need slaves :D . They can clean cook and keep our bikes all shiney and nice.

And asphaltgril wantsa track.... hmmm, an ARK Velodrome.

Working on the plans now. That'll need hydraulic stabilizers for rough seas, a guard rail so nobody goes swimming involuntarily... OK. I think I got it.

spazz-o-engineer

massbikebabe
05-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Spazz...

you just kill me!! :D

karen

ps-can we take Bruce Springsteen for entertainment??

spazzdog
05-24-2005, 05:41 PM
no Bruce... however you can all bring your favorite music (CD's, MP3's) because we must have music. The Ark Velodrome will be wired for sound :D

spazz-o-air-guitar

Surlygirl
05-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Hubby works at Bose, what kind of speakers do you want for the ark. How about surround sound throughout?

spazzdog
05-25-2005, 08:54 AM
Bose would be devine!

We'll need aesthetically pleasing ones in the "below deck living area" and weather proof up on the Velo-deck.

spazz

Meanwhile, the rain keeps falling. My building supplies are soaked.