PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, newbie!

mommelisa
01-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi, I just wanted to drop in and say hello.

I am a runner who got talked into doing a triathlon in April. Prior to committing, I'd never ridden much, (gasp!) but now I'm loving being on my bike (although I feel really unknowledgeable about a lot of things) and feeling a little more comfortable each day.

I'm really thankful for all the info I've gotten from everyone's posts.

bikerchick68
02-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Hi and welcome! Gald your enjoying cycling so far... when I was new, I posted on lots of bicycle forums, including here, and got wonderful feedback! I just posted a thank you here for those that encouraged me last year... I just completed my first century and was grateful for the kind words I had received telling me I could do it!

Hang out when you can at bike shops too... if you get to know the manager and a mechanic or two it's amazing the stuff you can learn... like how to clean your bottom bracket!!! Never thought I'd be doing THAT on my own!

Take care and keep us posted on your progress... :)

mommelisa
02-11-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi, bikerchick, thanks for the welcome! I have been lurking for awhile and have learned all kinds of things. I'm "working the kinks" out on each ride, if you know what I mean.

Where in San Diego are you from? I live in Arizona but we come to SD for the summer (don't all AZ people?). We have a place on Coronado. We love it there!

bikerchick68
02-14-2005, 09:12 AM
I live in El Cajon in the east county of San Diego... Coronado is a lovely area...

The summer in EC is much like AZ so I usually head to the coast to ride...let me know when you come out... maybe we could meet up for a ride sometime!

mommelisa
02-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Hey, I definitely will let you know when we come out. We usually aim to spend most of July and half of August there, it depends tho on the kids school schedule. I have two (10 years and 8 years) and it seems like each year they go back to school earlier and earlier. :-(

We have some great friends that live in El Cajon, I am very familiar with the area, and you are right - the weather is like AZ - hot, hot, hot. Spending the summer in Coronado has been awesome, there is nothing like being on a boat and watching the 4th of July fireworks over the water!