PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

KnottedYet
11-26-2007, 05:27 PM
It's snowing wet gloppy stuff here in north Seattle!

mimitabby
11-26-2007, 05:28 PM
well, that did it. I'm NOT going to my board meeting.

Running Mommy
11-26-2007, 05:30 PM
MAN!!! :mad: I want SNOW! Just one day.. ONE DAY.. Thats all I ask, then I'll go back to my normal sunny boring 70 degree day that is Phoenix in November...

mimitabby
11-26-2007, 05:31 PM
that's funny running mommy, really funny

crazycanuck
11-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I'd like some snow on one of our 40C days..

Take pics of the snow :)

c

kelownagirl
11-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Snowing here too! We've got about an inch so far. There's nothing better than watching a 10 year old boy in the first snow of the season. I know I should be making him come in to go to bed, but I just can't bring myself to do it...:rolleyes: :D

Kathi
11-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Please, if you don't want it send it to Colorado.

The last couple of years most of the ski areas were open for Thanksgiving. This year it's been too warm for areas at lower elevations to blow snow and they didn't open. I have 9 ski days in already this season, most of it man-made.

I'm not complaining but would like the snow gods to send us lots of snow so we can have more runs to ski.

BTW, we didn't get to do our Thanksgiving ride to Red Rocks because of cold temps and snow. But that was in Denver, we need it in the mtns.!

Kano
11-26-2007, 07:53 PM
No, Kathi, we want it here in idaho -- your ski area can make snow. They can't do that at Bogus Basin, and we don't have any yet, which means we don't get to ski!

Karen in Boise

LBTC
11-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Running Mommy, just hop on a plane, land here and we'll go snowshoeing! :D

Hugs and butterflies,
~T~

bikerHen
11-27-2007, 11:43 AM
We got our first snow as well. A good 4" here in the valleys, more in the mountains. It does look pretty, but makes driving, and riding, a mess. I opted out on riding to work this morning to give driver a chance to remember about winter driving BEFORE I venture out to join them. :rolleyes: bikerHen

bmccasland
11-28-2007, 04:15 AM
MAN!!! :mad: I want SNOW! Just one day.. ONE DAY.. Thats all I ask, then I'll go back to my normal sunny boring 70 degree day that is Phoenix in November...

RM - don't know how long you've lived in the Valley of the Sun, but it has been known to snow, on the rare occasion. I still remember calling my now XH at the firehouse to tell him that the paloverde in the front yard was split in half from the weight of the snow load. Amazingly the tree didn't die, and with some judicious pruning wasn't worse for the wear.

One of the things I've missed by moving away from the West, is that you can't change your climate within a 1/2 day drive. At least YOU can drive up to Flag.

Running Mommy
11-28-2007, 04:46 AM
Heck Beth por Flag didn't even get any snow last year!
sigh...
A couple of years ago we did have a dusting on the top of the Estrellas, and they had some come down in the Scottsdale area, but alas none here... double sigh..

And yeah, I can drive to it, but it's not the same as seeing it fall out your livingroom window.

There is hope there. We are suppose to get a big storm this weekend. Hopefully Glag gets dumped on.

TsPoet
11-28-2007, 06:31 AM

I grew up in New Mexico and Colorado, where it does snow. When I was a grad student in Tucson it "snowed" once, the entire school shut down and everyone stood outside and just watched. It was slushy rain that melted as soon as it hit the ground. I just watched the people wondering if any had ever seen snow, because that wasn't it!

SadieKate
11-28-2007, 07:17 AM
So, get on with it already!:( No, not you folks, but the weather gods.

The weatherpersons here keep predicting snow and we get about 5 flakes. I did move to the dry side for the sunny days (as opposed to that d@mn tule fog in CA's central valley), but this is stupid. Driving home yesterday I could see tantalizing glimpses on the first ridge to the west which is about 300 ft higher than my house. Oh so close.

At least the Bobs and I found a bit of winter whilst sightseeing.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/SadieKate/Ponderosa%20House/IMG_0619.jpg

BikeMomma
11-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Very nice photo of the Bobs, SK! (Hi Bobs! :) )
Hope you get some white stuff soon....
~BikeMomma

salsabike
12-01-2007, 12:34 PM
My goodness. It's coming down like real snow today.

KnottedYet
12-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Yup, it sure looks like it's serious! Can barely see across the parking lot. The kids in the apt complex are going nuts!

Costco was brimming with crazed shoppers (didn't even go in) and panicked folks were lining up in the roadway to get into the gas station. We decided that a Costco experience was not on our list for today after all.

Homemade chili, DVD's, putting up the solstice tree, and cozying up with the computer are our plans for the rest of the day!

DebW
12-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Our forecast for Sunday night and Monday includes:

Definite freezing rain, definite ice pellets

Definite rain, chance of ice pellets

Definite rain, definite snow

Likely rain, likely snow

Change of rain, slight chance of snow

Chance of light snow

Chance of snow

(each line above represents a forecast 3 hours after the line above it)

Should be an interesting day. Good day to telecommute.

salsabike
12-01-2007, 02:29 PM
I noticed that at Costco! Bet we were in the lot at the same time---we went to Verizon to get my cell phone replaced.

KnottedYet
12-01-2007, 02:49 PM
yeah, we probably were! We went to Home Depot and got an ice scraper/snow brush. We had to ask a clerk where they were... waaaaaaay in the back hidden from view. Right next to one lonely display of snow shovels.

If I were floor manager at Home Depot today, I'd move those two items up to the front!

dex
12-01-2007, 02:57 PM
The snow is keeping me inside today. (I don't trust my knee, or my natural clumsiness, on the stairs or uphill slope of the driveway when it's potentially icy.) But, here's the scene from my place...

http://lh5.google.com/dexocracy/R1Hv0aiOKkI/AAAAAAAAAcg/AREbnFp0Mk8/s400/IMGP6428.JPG

That's looking down on the backyard. Other random snowy shots here (http://picasaweb.google.com/dexocracy/FirstSnow2007).

mimitabby
12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
nice pictures Dex!

cosc
12-01-2007, 03:24 PM
S. Dakota had our 1st 4" snow of the season. Not enough to snowshoe, but too bad to bike. I'm hoping for a few more inches tonight but the sky is clearing.

KnottedYet
12-02-2007, 07:24 AM
It's snowing like mad up here. Most of yesterday's snow melted during the night, but the bare spots are filling in quickly now!

Good day to stay home and hang out with SKnot and Stinky Dog. :D

surgtech1956
12-02-2007, 01:34 PM
It snowed here last night, about 3 inches, now its raining and foggy - should be a fun commute tomorrow morning.

Fredwina
12-02-2007, 05:49 PM
I like to have at least 10,000 feet of elevation between me and snow
Mt Baldy:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/Fredwina_photo/20071202/SUNP0001.jpg
MT San Bernardino from about 50 miles away:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/Fredwina_photo/20071202/SUNP0005.jpg

kelownagirl
12-02-2007, 06:11 PM
We're going to have a mess here tomorrow. It's been cold for the last few days and today it started snowing again. As the day went on, it got warmer and warmer and the flakes got bigger. It's supposed to keep warming up all night and by tomorrow afternoon, it'll be well above zero. Yuck...

Blueberry
12-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Can't it please precipitate here in NC? I'd love snow, but I'd settle for rain. They're talking about water rationing as my city is down to less than 2 months worth of water if we don't get some *serious* rainfall. Of course, my City was the last to implement any sort of water restrictions - they said we had "plenty" of water. GRRRR....And for some reason, the same time they will shut down car washes will be the same time they start telling us when/how many times a day we can flush:eek: and/or cutting off the water for part of the day:mad: :mad:

Talk about mismanagement:mad:

KnottedYet
12-09-2007, 08:25 AM
It's snowing again here in the north end of Seattle.

Good thing I got a bike ride yesterday. Watching drivers panicking and spinning in the parking lot already here.

kelownagirl
12-09-2007, 08:45 AM
OK, I don't get why Seattle is getting more snow than the Okanagan this year? :p Must be global warming.