PDA

View Full Version : Cycle Zydeco

Aint Doody
11-26-2007, 03:49 PM
I made it into Cycle Zydeco! Are any of y'all going to be there? I can hardly wait. My sister who lives in FL is #7 on the waiting list, and we feel pretty confident that she'll make it in, too.

redrhodie
11-27-2007, 04:01 AM
Just read their website. Looks like so much fun! I'd love to go, but registration's closed, as you know. I can't wait to read about it. Maybe next year.

bmccasland
11-27-2007, 04:15 AM
I wonder what the expected pace is? I'm not fast, but I do like riding my *happy pace* 16-20 mph and really am not comfortable if I'm forced to ride slower. I remember looking at this site before, and it does sound like fun. http://www.cyclezydeco.com
and it's almost in my backyard!

kaybee
11-27-2007, 09:12 AM
It has taken me three years and I had to stay up until 1:00 a.m. one night a couple of weeks ago, but I FINALLY got in this year! AD, did you do it last year?

KB

Aint Doody
11-27-2007, 10:00 AM
No, this is my first time to go. Fortunately for me I live in OR--registration opened at 10 pm my time. But did it ever fill up fast! Right after I registered myself, I went back to register my sister (so she didn't have to get up at midnight--lives in FL) and the registration was full!

As for the pace--I think this is all about the scenery, food, music. There are many stops that sound wonderful. I think you can set your own pace. That's how it is in most rides I do. There just aren't that many miles to cover each day in order to savor the area. At least that's my take on it. It must be terrific, as it sells out so fast. KB, I'll see you there! We'll have to make plans later on.

Susan

kaybee
11-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Besides the fact that there aren't that many miles, they're FLAT miles, so 20 MPH is easy to maintain -- if you don't eat too much! Personally, I plan to eat as many crawfish as I can peel, and since I'm a native, that's quite a bit! :D Susan, let's do make plans to meet. Should be fun!

KB

Aint Doody
03-12-2008, 10:54 AM
I have just packed up my camping gear to ship to my sister. I'm getting excited now! She did get in the ride--but only after I called every week until they finally said she was high enough on the list to allow her to register. Persistence pays off! KB--look for a tent with pink flamingos on it. (My sister Melissa lives in FL.) I found some flamingos for the tent stakes, and she's going to look for an inflatable flamingo to hang on the top some how. My mouth is watering just thinking about the food! Laissez les bon temps roulez! I can't wait to fais-do-do!

Susan

kaybee
03-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Hey Susan! I'm getting pretty excited too. I'll look for the tent with the flamingos on it, although we're not camping -- this old gal needs a nice, comfy bed in a quiet room and lots of hotwater in the shower -- so I don't know how much time we'll get to spend with the group. We've never done a tour before, so this whole thing will be quite an experience for us, but I'm REALLY looking forward to it. I grew up in the area and have never even been to Mulate's! It will be so good to be home again, and I'll get to see my family on Sunday when we're done.

Have a safe trip down there. Hope we can catch up with each other!

KB

Aint Doody
03-13-2008, 10:25 AM
KB--you should see how many layers I put under my sleeping bag! And I've used those shower trucks before. They are amazing and never run out of hot water. Anyway--I also have gotten my dr. to refill my Ambien prescription! I think I'm ready. As I don't have many miles on my bike this year yet, I'm happy that it'll be a flat route. Hope it won't rain.