PDA

View Full Version : disappointed with saddle return

sundial
11-26-2007, 01:09 PM
My DH purchased a Selle An Atomica saddle from Tom of MCM. He tried to make it work but it just wasn't working out for him, even after putting in 150 miles on the saddle. He had the saddle for 3 months. I tried contacting Tom on several occasions to return it. I continued to get voice mail and he never called back. I also e-mailed him. I then returned the saddle via USPS and requested a signature and insurance on the saddle.

6 weeks later I tried calling to follow up with the return. Again I got voice mail and left my name and number. No returned phone call.

I then e-mailed him explaining I had returned the saddle to the address posted on the website. Apparently it's not the correct address for returns and sat there for awhile. He found the saddle and refunded only half of the cost. :eek: :( Needless to say I'm disappointed with MCM and I won't recommend them in the future to any cyclists.

spokewench
11-26-2007, 01:17 PM
It is not usually standard that you can return saddles - does MCM have a return policy on saddles?

Terry is one of the few that I know of that does?

I'd be happy to get 1/2 back if I had the saddle for 3 months! :confused:

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-26-2007, 02:20 PM
If you buy a Brooks saddle from Wallingford, you have 6 months to try it out and either exchange it for a different model or get a full refund- your choice.
http://www.wallbike.com/Brooks.html

KnottedYet
11-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Luuuuuuuuv Wallingford's return policy! :D

All I could find about Selle An-Atomica returns was the little bit here at the bottom: http://www.mcmwin.com/saddle%20shop%20new.htm

They ask that you contact them first.... so, if they don't return calls and emails, how do you get it back within 30 days of purchase?

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-26-2007, 05:56 PM
There is no excuse for a company not to answer their customers emails, phone messages and letters.

elk
11-26-2007, 06:07 PM
PLus I think they offer a 90 day guarantee...or is it 30???

Luckily my DH likes his...I gave him the one I ordered for myself before I committed to Brooks...although i do see him eyeing my B68 lustily....

and Lisa is right..if you are going to have an internet business then you need to respond to your email.....no matter what.

sundial
11-27-2007, 05:42 AM
PLus I think they offer a 90 day guarantee...or is it 30???

I understood it to be 90 days, which was sent back within the time frame. Unfortunately it was sent to the *other* mailing address--but how was I to know since there was no communication. On top of that, he scolded me for not getting in touch with him first. Huh? :confused: :mad:

I'm happy to report that DH is very happy with his new saddle--Sunlite Cloud 9. :)

elk
11-27-2007, 04:21 PM
I got scolded too...for being overly enthusiastic about when I could expect mine to arrive...

whatever....

uforgot
11-28-2007, 02:37 AM
I found a saddle return policy on this page (http://www.mcmwin.com/saddle%20shop%20new.htm). Wonder if it's just been added?

Edit: Oops, I see that knotted already found this!