PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City travel advice--Anybody?

Tuckervill
11-24-2007, 06:19 AM
We're going on a cruise in January. Because we have built up free Southwest tickets, we're flying out of KC (even though we're closer to Tulsa--there are more flight options from KC). The flight we want is early am, so we are going to drive up (200 miles from NW Arkansas) and spend the night the night before.

I looked for airport hotels on AAA .com but it was hard to find anything specific. I booked a hotel in Independence, but I'd like to be closer to the airport. What would be closer than Independence, but safer than an industrial area close to the airport?

(We're a little skittish about parking our car in some places, since the truck was broken into in Detroit last August.)

Also, I looked up the Thrifty parking lot for the airport--is there a better one? Is it located off-site or on? We don't mind riding the shuttle to the airport--just don't want to spend a lot per day.

Thanks for any info!

Karen

Caecilia
12-04-2007, 10:50 AM
I passed your request on to my godmother, who lives in KC - will let you know if she has any recommendations.

Tuckervill
12-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Thank you, thankyouverymuch!

:)
Karen

ummbnb
12-04-2007, 07:31 PM
There are several hotels and motels right near the airport to the east just across I-29. Not sure what they are, just see them everytime I'm there. You might also try Platte City, Mo. It's about 15/20min north of the airport. My mom always stays there when she's flying out early then either leaves her car at the motel (for a fee) or parks in long-term at the airport.

Tuckervill
12-05-2007, 05:41 AM
Hmm, I searched Platte City on AAA.com and nothing came up (I really get good rates with AAA). I'll look outside AAA and see what I find.

Thanks!
Karen