PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive Bike Rack

sgtiger
11-16-2007, 07:27 PM
I was on another (non-bike related) site and someone recommended this site for motors and tools. What caught my eye though was the bike rack and bike tools.

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=bicycle&Submit=Go

kelownagirl
11-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Wow, I need one of those....

KnottedYet
11-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow, those prices are pretty crazy! And with that bicycle tree, I could own many more bikes... hee hee!:D

Tuckervill
11-17-2007, 03:30 AM
We have a few tools from Harborfreight. There's a store near here and my hubby needed some kind of handheld electric grinder and Sears didn't have one. Let me just say that they aren't Craftsman, that's for sure.

That bike rack, though...that would work if you didn't mind your bikes getting scratched up. (kids bikes.) That bike pulley listed below--I've seen those for $30 so $5.99 is not too bad, if it's the same one.

Karen

SouthernBelle
11-17-2007, 04:34 AM
Harbor Freight is often mentioned on my teardrop camping site. I have been meaning to go in the store as they have a propane stove.

Trek420
11-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Wow, those prices are pretty crazy! And with that bicycle tree, I could own many more bikes... hee hee!:D

I don't know about hanging Flossie and Crow by their puhrty wheels and the design would take up more space in your apartment. But I've never seen a price that low on floor to ceiling style bike rack. I wonder what the catch is.

Ah, it says the "bikes are not included" :rolleyes:

Xrayted
11-17-2007, 09:09 AM
I've been ordering from them for years. They finally put a store near where I used to live in PA about 2 yrs ago. I got a lot of things for my bros for xmas there. In my former career, I used to setup their catalog for printing. It's a good store overall but if you go for the cheaper model of something, that is what you will get, a "cheaper" model. But the thing to understand is, their more expensive stuff is still cheaper than an equal quality dept store one and will typically be tougher. All of my tools and power tools from them are still going strong. You would be surprised what you can get there if you just look around a bit. Lots of stuff for garden, painting...
Another decent and cheap (non-bikey) site is The Sportsmans Guide. Mostly fishing, hunting types of stuff... but if you dig around a bit, there are tons of very useful things for biking, hiking and camping. In the military surplus area is where I find my best buys. Lots of wool and good gear. They also stock womens clothes, home items, electronics... Just thought I'd pass that one on to you as well. (I used to do their catalog too. :rolleyes:) http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/

Grog
11-17-2007, 10:11 AM
I don't know about hanging Flossie and Crow by their puhrty wheels

It's actually easier on your bike to hang it by its front wheel than to bear your weight (or anyone else's, for that matter!) on its two wheels on the road! Don't worry about that!

KnottedYet
11-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Yay! I can hang up my bikes and buy more!!!!

Trek420
11-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Yay! I can hang up my bikes and buy more!!!!

I just ordered their two-bike rack. :D When I get that if I can put it together will post a review.