PDA

View Full Version : Help with Eastside bike route?

KnottedYet
11-16-2007, 06:37 PM
I need to figure out a bike route from Marymoor to Overlake transit center/Eastside Hospital. And back, of course!

I've seen a bike path along 520 from my car, but have no idea how to get to it.

Can anyone tell me a route? (I'm planning to take the Samm River Trail for the vast majority of my ride)

dakay
11-16-2007, 09:05 PM
I can get you from the Sammamish River trail to the 520 bike path. Where the Sammamish River trail splits in Redmond(the rightmost goes under a bridge to Redmond Town Center, the other goes over the bridge to Marymoor) go over the bridge. At the end of the bridge go left onto the sidewalk (Leary Way) instead of continuing to the right and down the hill. Go to the right on Leary Way, stay on the sidewalk and go straight across the street at the next traffic light less than a block away and you will be at the beginning of the 520 trail right next to the entrance ramp.

Hope that's clear.
Kathy

teigyr
11-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Ok, I'm under Nyquil Influence and I am directionally challenged but maybe I can help?

You know where the Sammamish trail goes to Marymoor? When you go over the bridge where you'd go into Marymoor, go out to the street instead of curving 'round over the bridge. Take a right when you get to the street but ride on the sidewalk. The major intersection is maybe 1/2 block to your right, cross it and the trail goes right alongside the 520. Make sense? I can ride it with you if you'd like but it's fairly straightforward. Be forewarned, the initial hill you will face isn't like the rest of it. It's a short bit of nastiness and while that portion of the trail is mostly uphill until it ends (goes about 4.5 miles or so), the first part is the worst.

KnottedYet
11-17-2007, 05:24 AM
thanks guys! Let's see if I can get lost on my way to my last day of training tomorrow!

Must.
Ride.
Bike!!!!!!