PDA

View Full Version : Ride-n-Putter, Sunday Oct 28

KnottedYet
10-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Log Boom to Recycled Cycles and puttering points beyond! (maybe over the Montlake bridge)

Sunday, some time after lunch. Ride your own pace from Log Boom, meet up again before the UW so we can lead each other to Recycled Cycles www.recycledcycles.com . Coffee etc., as the mood strikes us.

Agenda-free ride!

Hope to explore a few of the bike/pedestrian only short-cuts on the south side of the Montlake bridge. High putter probability!

Bring your Seattle Bike Map, or read mine over my shoulder! :D

More exact meeting time to be posted as circumstances allow.

teigyr
10-26-2007, 10:29 PM
hmmm. We have Shakespeare at 2pm. How early/late will this ride be?

KnottedYet
10-26-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm thinking start time 2 or 3 pm.

dex
10-26-2007, 11:31 PM
I sooo want to ride. I have a feeling I'll be doing what I'm doing right now straight through the weekend, as I'm in project h3ll right now.

(Seriously, I've been working non-stop since this morning...I've spent my entire Friday night at home, glued to my laptops. My only "social" interactions today have been extremely tense conversations with/about developers who have completely f*cked an app I designed. I've been logging bugs on them all night, and I'm maybe 10% through the thing. *sigh* I've gone from nearly homicidal--that first blast of extreme anger is always of the lethal variety with me--to nearly speechless. Now I almost want to cry, but I think that's because I'm getting really tired.)

Eden
10-26-2007, 11:46 PM
I might be able to do a little tour guiding on the south side of the Montlake bridge. It's my neck o' the woods so I know the back routes/bike routes pretty well.
I checked with Alex at 20/20 - no mixte's right now, but a good selection of step through frames - there's a really awesome hot pink one....... (actually its a his and hers pair, though the "his" frame had some damage that had to be fixed with welding!)

KnottedYet
10-27-2007, 06:39 AM
Hey, wouldn't it be cool to do a "Bike Shop to Bike Shop" tour on Sunday? Recycled Cycles to 20/20?

Maybe if someone didn't have time to ride LogBoom to Reycled to 20/20 and back, they could meet up at one shop and ride to the other?

With coffee stops somewhere along the way, of course!

<Knot ponders the pink step-though... more bike lust!>

sgtiger
10-27-2007, 09:11 AM
(((((((Dex)))))))
Hopefully you can get through the rest of your project without having those idiots be too "helpful." I dunno, but a bike ride can do wonders to quell those homicidal urges. Even if you may not be able to come out with us, maybe you could hop on you bike and ride around the block or something.

I've been feeling pretty pissy myself although for no good reason. Hormonal maybe? Been having a lot of head aches too. Actually more like one long headache for a few days now. :confused: Strange, becuase I haven't had too many of those since my early 20's (coincidentally about the time I move out of my parents' home.) I've come close to blowing my top at the people close to me. Not good.:( I have to ride my bike before I 'splode! Kapowie!:eek: :rolleyes: :o

Teigyr - Ye shallith be abondoningith us forith Shakespeare? Have-ith funith at yon play.

Knot - I love the LBS to LBS ride idea. When ya wanna meet at Log Boom?

Eden - What's the difference betwixt a mixte and a step-through? I thought they were the same thing?

boy in a kilt
10-27-2007, 11:22 AM
(((((((Dex)))))))

Eden - What's the difference betwixt a mixte and a step-through? I thought they were the same thing?

Mixtes are step-throughs but not all step-throughs are mixtes.

A mixte has tubes that run from the head tube back to the rear drop outs. Usually two tubes.

On step throughs, they take a really long top tube and bend it so you can, well, step through the frame rather than hoiking a leg over it.

Xrayted
10-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Hey Knot, did you see the mixte for sale on TE today? Really pretty raleigh and in great shape. *nudge* :D

boy in a kilt
10-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I think this is a step beyond enabling

KnottedYet
10-27-2007, 08:09 PM
It was already sold by the time I got on the computer. I can console myself that it was a 17 inch and I really need something more like a 19 inch.... but I still feel a pain in my soul...

a biiiiiiiiiig pain in my soul.

KnottedYet
10-27-2007, 08:13 PM
How 'bout Log Boom at 2:00ish? SKnotDad will take him after church, which gets me to Log Boom 2:00 or 2:15.

I'll be on the Surly.

We'll aim for Recycled, and see where we go from there.

Eden, what do you think?

Eden
10-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I'll do my best to meet you all down at Recycled, I may have the time to meet you at Logboom, we'll see.
I forgot I was thinking about doing a cross race tomorrow, but actually I think I won't be up for it anyway! Did some unintentional cross training yesterday (i.e. running, which I prefer not to do in the best of circumstances) in shoes that weren't really meant for it and I think I pulled a muscle.....

Susan126
10-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Hang in there Dex! I hope you get through your project and can get a ride in today!

It looks like it's going to be another nice day for a bike ride!!!!!

And you gals doing the bike shop to bike shop starting from Recycled! Enjoy the weather and the ride! Joe and I did a mountain bike ride yesterday and today we are going to bundle ourselves up and get a nice road ride in! I am sooooo looking forward to it! I'm wondering if I will need to bring out my "booties" for today's ride?

Eden
10-28-2007, 10:04 AM
OK - I've decided to come up to Logboom - I'll just be bringing the hubby in tow too - no worries, we are both out for and needing a nice easy ride today - I'll even make him wear his hr monitor and keep it in zone 1. I think it takes about 45 min to an hour for us to get there but if we are late we'll be hard to miss coming up the BG - just look for Mutt and Jeff.

Trek420
10-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey Knot, did you see the mixte for sale on TE today? Really pretty raleigh and in great shape. *nudge* :D

I won't spoil the news, Knott just called me from Recycled Cycles.