PDA

View Full Version : Shoreline - Seattle via Interurban Trail - Sat, 10/27

MM_QFC!
10-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi,
Any locals up for a ride on the Interurban from North end to Ballard (or maybe Golden Gardens) tomorrow? Linda and I are going to head out about 10 AM for an out n' back spin - as it's supposed to be great weather after some morning fog. If so, PM me and let me know, so we can agree on where/when to meet, ok?
Otherwise, she and I'll head out from her place on our own...happy riding everyone!
Mary

MM_QFC!
10-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Meeting at Echo Lake park (200th and Ashworth Ave North) which is right on the Shoreline section of the Interurban Trail - at 10 AM; back by 2 PM.

KnottedYet
10-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Oh, dammm dammmm dammmm!

With all the melodrama in my life I REALLY need a good bike ride, but I'll be dealing with melodrama tomorrow.

Wanna do it again on Sunday afternoon?

MM_QFC!
10-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Sorry, Knot, that the timing isn't working for you...I know that feeling - of reeeeeally needing a ride...it's just that tomorrow works a bit better for my crazy weekend schedule, but I might be able to get out for another ride on Sunday; it won't be until late afternoon, though, if at all...

salsabike
10-26-2007, 09:18 PM
still....painting....

KnottedYet
10-26-2007, 09:33 PM
I'll be going out Sunday one way or another. I. Must. Ride. Bike.

Might try figuring a route to work thru Montlake and 19th on Capitol Hill. Have dinner at Jai Thai. Ride home.

Also, there is a very sexy 7-speed-internal-hub retro-looking cruiser (but it's aluminum) at Recycled for $160. It's been there for a few weeks.

I might have to buy it. (Kit and X and Wahine, you know the one!)

Retail therapy, y'know. Then I'd have a city bike I could leave at a rack and not cry if it got F*cked up or stolen.

sgtiger
10-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Poopie! Tomorrow is a no go for me too. Dh is working tomorrow and I have to get some stuff together for a potlatch that's happening later that day. However I have already made plans to go riding on Sunday(read Dh is watching the kiddios). Haven't a clue yet where I'm going. Plus ,left to my own devices, it's a given that I'll get lost. But sometimes those turn out to be the interesting rides. :rolleyes:

KnottedYet
10-26-2007, 09:39 PM
OoOooH!! SGtiger, wanna see if we can do a ride together?

I wanna ride like a madwoman on the BG to Montlake, and then fart around on Capitol Hill, then do the madwoman thing on the BG home.

Unless I go buy that bike from Recycled, then I might have to play with it... maybe AFTER I ride my Surly all over Hellenback.

sgtiger
10-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Why soitenly, Knot. I'd love to ride with you, but you're in charge of navigation for the reason stated above. So does that mean we stopping at Recycled?!! I've never been there, but I keep meaning to go. You know, can never get enough of ogling bikes and bike parts. :rolleyes: :D

salsabike
10-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Knot is THE BIKE LUST QUEEN.

KnottedYet
10-26-2007, 10:56 PM
If I hit Recycled, it'll be after I drop SKnot off at church. (I'll play hooky... spritually enriching according to the non-teachings of the Unitarian lack-of-faith, so I can get away with it)

I'll buy the bike if it's there and I'm still enamoured of it, then go back to church, do the churchy thing, and pick up SKnot.

Go home, eat some lunch, take him to SKnotDad, then head out for a ride on my Surly; rain or shine.

I have *no problem* visiting Recycled again if you'd like to see it.

Like I said, I wanna ride kinda hard to sweat out the week's demons, then putter around and have fun.

sgtiger
10-26-2007, 11:04 PM
You do know, I'm SLOW right? (I keep saying that but nobody seems to believe me.) So I'd hate to see what your idea of riding hard is. Yikes!:eek: What am I getting myself into?!!

Edited to add: What time do you want to meet? Log Boom? Or elsewhere?

KnottedYet
10-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm not a speed goddess. My idea of riding hard is about 14-16 mph. :eek:

I will happily sweat my demons out, then rest until you ride up to me, if I end up getting ahead of you.

I'm thinking Log Boom at around 2 or 3 pm. I'll PM you some more exact times Saturday night when I'm sure when SKnotDad can take over parenting duty.

Anybody else want to meet for a ride-n-putter on Sunday afternoon?

mimitabby
10-27-2007, 06:48 AM
well, everyone is having fun..
ha. it's 32-40 degrees out right now and it's supposed to be foggy today. I'm supposed to ride around lake washington with the bike club. wah. tomorrow I can't make it either.
sorry guys

let me rephrase that. I don't want to ride today but i probably am. I'm sorry that i won't be hanging with any of the rest of you though.