PDA

View Full Version : Natz - Who's Going?

SheFly
10-25-2007, 03:18 AM
So, who is heading to Kansas in December? Our team will have a pretty large contingent heading West from New England. any of you planning on going?

SheFly (who will be DRIVING from New England....)

Sheesh
10-25-2007, 05:05 PM
That's one heck of a drive! I won't be going.

trigirlpink
10-26-2007, 05:52 AM
What a treat is was to have it here in New England last year! Of course I was completely cluless about cross then so I didn't even appreciate the fact that it was right in our back yard but (sigh) Kansas is not in the cards for me either this year.

Eden
10-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Not I (with my one race in, and coach says I'm not allowed any more..... I think I'm going to cheat and do one more though....)
but I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of our riders there. We had a junior go last year and I think a few of our adult riders too. Kristie's got some really serious sponsorship this year though - so I believe all her cross racing is done under a different team...

Voodoo Sally
10-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Nope. It was convenient last year & the year before (when it was in RI), but I'm not a contender or anything, so it wouldn't be worthwhile. We blow enough of our $$ traipsing over the country for BMX racing at this point. I think we're putting the kibosh on that next year for that reason.

madisongrrl
11-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Since I'm injured (since June), no Natz for me. Maybe next year.

SheFly
11-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Since I'm injured (since June), no Natz for me. Maybe next year.

I wondered where you've been since I hadn't seen any race reports. I hope it's nothing too serious... heal well!

SheFly

RoadRaven
11-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey there girls... obviously I won't be there...

but NATZ? short for Nationals?

And do you have a website link so I can find out more?

SheFly
11-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Hello Raven! Yes, Natz is short for Nationals. Here is the link (http://www.kccrossnationals.com/)to the website for more info - I am really looking forward to going!

SheFly

RoadRaven
11-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the link, SheFly... its taking forever to load the page so I might need to look at it tomorrow at work...

So, what will you be entering in? What event do I check when the results are posted?

Attaches pompoms to wings and chants "Go Shefly... Go Shefly..."

SheFly
11-09-2007, 07:05 AM
You are so sweet! I will be racing the Women's B event on Thursday, and then the 40-45 event on Friday (kind of stinks - I don't actually hit 40 until May '08, but according to the rules, my 'cross racing age is already 40! - I'll be good and ready when it finally hits!).

SheFly

RoadRaven
11-09-2007, 08:23 AM
The way EnZed works for age is at the start of the year of your birthday, you move to the next grade, not on your birthday... and certainly not the year BEFORE your birthday!!!

So that means I'll be checking results on my Friday!
Very exciting...
Having had my partner win a gold in our Road Natz last month I suddenly have a whole new perspective on the excitement and intensity (even though he has participated the previous two years)

*Checks pom poms and jumps up and down a bit more, chanting for SheFly*

SheFly
11-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Here in the US, your road racing age is your age on Dec 31 of the racing year (for me this year, that is 39). HOWEVER, since the official cyclocross season runs through January, your racing age for cyclocross is your age on Dec 31 of NEXT year...

Sucks to hit a big milestone so early, but it's good prep time :D . And the good news is that I am actually looking FORWARD to 40...

SheFly

RoadRaven
11-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Well, I've been 40 for two years... no, I turned 40 two years ago and I love being 40-something...

But in this race situation it must give you a def advantage because you'll be one of the youngest in your cat, so potentially one of the stronger... and being the youngest in your cat at "our age" def gives you a bit of a psychological advantage too...

Andrea
11-14-2007, 06:02 AM
I'm going, but only to watch-

I'll be like one of those "groupie" women that wears a team jacket, totes her boyfriend's wheels to/from the pit, and hands him bottles during the race :o

It's ok, though, because he'll be doing the same for me during the road season :D