PDA

View Full Version : Chi Running

Deborajen
10-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Someone recently mentioned something about Chi Running. I'm reading a book on it and it looks very natural and sensible, and good methods that can keep you going for a long time are great. Has anyone else tried it? The methods sound like just what I need right now. I'm curious to know what anyone else has thought of this method.

Deb

KnottedYet
10-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Tried it, loved it, and recommend the book to my patients who run.

boy in a kilt
10-24-2007, 07:05 PM
It sounds similar to the way my high school cross country coach used to teach us to run. Very relaxed and I count breaths to get my breathing in synch with my steps.

I'll need to check this out more.

crazycanuck
10-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Is there a good website or book you can suggest so i can investigate this further?

Tanks

C

Deborajen
10-25-2007, 05:26 AM
The book I'm reading is "Chi Running" by Danny Dreyer. I found it referenced on www.chirunning.com under books. The website gives some general information and some excerpts from the book.

This past spring, I focused on breathing only through my nose on easy runs and it seemed to help - quite a bit - with my pacing, managing my energy, etc. My pace actually picked up as the weeks went by. I figured maybe I was nuts to think focusing on breathing had that much effect, but whatever floats the boat.--

I'm not finished with the book yet but Chi Running just sounds like a great approach right now.

Deb