PDA

View Full Version : BG ride, no notice, Sunday 21 Oct

KnottedYet
10-21-2007, 02:55 PM
I'd planned to go riding right after lunch, but my back is killing me.

Now I've GOT to go for a ride, or I'll turn into an evil monster. Anybody wanna do a quick 1-2 hr on the BG from LogBoom toward Red Hook? I won't be going fast, and I may have to stop to whine once in a while.

Thinking of leaving the house in about 20 minutes.

Unless my extra strength excedrin lets me down, and I end up going back to bed.

mimitabby
10-21-2007, 05:43 PM
ah, sorry, i was at the opera where Ipheginia was supposed to sacrifice her brother who killed her mother who killed her father etc... talk about melodrama!!
In the end, Orestes' true friend (lover?) saves the day by sword fighting with the bad guys until the Goddess Diana came down from heaven in her dominatrix costume.

salsabike
10-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey, was that opera at McCaw? Because I took Bruno there to see my favorite sculpture, about an hour before the performance.

PS Knot, sorry about your back!

KnottedYet
10-21-2007, 06:18 PM
I went for a little ride in the rain. Made my back muuuuuch better!

I didn't get to see any dominatrixi, though... bummer.

mimitabby
10-21-2007, 06:31 PM
she was awesome. (Venus, not iphegenia)
um, it was at the opera house on Mercer.

salsabike
10-21-2007, 08:02 PM
That's McCaw Hall, which I too still call the Opera House. I love the sculpture that hangs from the ceiling in there, made from all the hardware store stuff. The artist periodically sneaks in and changes stuff, so whenever we go to the ballet, we have to check it out to see what's different. I think it's funny and clever and really fun to look at.

MM_QFC!
10-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Knot - sorry your back was painful today, but glad that you got a ride in and felt better after...I had 'grand-dog' sitting to do and some cousins in town this weekend, otherwise I would've been game for a ride...