PDA

View Full Version : 5k Halloween costume suggestions needed!

northstar
10-20-2007, 07:37 PM
So...a colleague and I are running a 5K on the 27th, and we are going to run in costume. Problem is, I can't think of anything! I googled a few ideas and I love the "punny" ones, but too often, I need to carry something along.

Any brilliant ideas? I'm debating going as a "deviled egg." All white with a yellow blob on my belly, then devil horns.

I don't know! Help!! :p

mtbdarby
10-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Hey Northstar, is that the Monster Dash? We have one here too and I was thinking of doing the canine one. Then I would need 2 costumes though so add thoughts for both. Maybe green eggs and ham??

northstar
10-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi there,

My brother is doing the 1/2 mary in the Monster Dash that day...I am doing the Grey Ghost in Anoka. A coworker of mine has been working toward doing her first 5k and I promised her I'd run it with her. (Before I knew my bro was doing MD!)

Kimmyt
10-21-2007, 12:54 PM
hehe

i have a vision of someone dressed as a big nose

haha runny nose

Jolt
10-21-2007, 01:26 PM
How about "not a happy camper"? Basically that involves dressing like a kid at camp (cargo shorts and camp t-shirt or something similar) and doing things like putting spots of calamine lotion in various places (bug bites/poison ivy), bandaids everywhere, making a couple burn marks on the t-shirt like you had an accident with a campfire, maybe some fake spider webs/spiders/bugs/leaves in your hair, a rubber snake around your ankle and those sorts of things.

roadie gal
10-21-2007, 05:58 PM
I had a friend with a very obscene sense of humor a number of years ago. One of her favorite costumes was a belt with a dildo and a potato attached to it. She was a "Dictator". I don't suggest this in a family run, though.

limewave
10-22-2007, 05:38 AM
I had a friend with a very obscene sense of humor a number of years ago. One of her favorite costumes was a belt with a dildo and a potato attached to it. She was a "Dictator". I don't suggest this in a family run, though.

I dunno, I'd run a lot faster if there was someone behind me wearing that costume :)

northstar
10-22-2007, 01:32 PM
I dunno, I'd run a lot faster if there was someone behind me wearing that costume :)

No kidding!!! :eek: :D

silver
10-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Since you will be running together you could be Thing One and Thing Two from Dr. Suess

http://www.rubies.com/landingpage.cfm?ItemNumber=16597

You could wear a red sweatshirt and attach a round white circle with the wording thing one and thing two and get blue hair wigs

Best I remember Thing 1 and thing 2 ran through the house causing havoc.