PDA

View Full Version : Click-Stand

BikeDutchess
10-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Has anyone used this gadget? Click-Stand (http://www.click-stand.com/Home_Page.html) Wondering how well it works. Would it be considered just as "Fred" as a kickstand?:)

mimitabby
10-18-2007, 06:39 PM
someone i knew had one for his tandem, was showing it off, was pretty cool. I wanted one but never got around to it.

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-18-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't like any form of kickstand because it leaves a bike vulnerable to being knocked over by the wind, kids, dogs, or just people bumping into it. I always cable lock my bike to something, anything, partly to keep it from falling over onto the ground when bumped.
Just ONCE i leaned my bike securely against a building without locking it to something, and wouldn't you know a big gust of wind came out of nowhere and sent my bike crashing to the ground....scratched up my bar end shifters. :mad: If my bike is cable to a railing or tree or something, it CAN'T fall over to the ground. Just my own preference.

Tuckervill
10-19-2007, 02:35 PM
That would be handy to have when you're on an event and there are bikes everywhere, and no where to lay yours down and all the leaning spots are taken. I needed to have my bike stand up on my last event because I was on a narrow grassy area on the side of the road, and I couldn't really lay it down. I ended up holding up the bike, I think, which made it harder to do whatever it was I was doing. I didn't choose to stop there, but my son did and I had to stop with him.

Karen

lauraelmore1033
10-22-2007, 08:11 PM
I suppose a kickstand might be considered "fred", but I understand that installing one can void the warranty on some bike frames (Specialized, for instance). The clickstand looks like it wouldn't.