PDA

View Full Version : ready!

elk
10-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Want to see my bike with it's NEW B67 (OMG...I am already happy I traded out that "s") and cork grips and albatross bars?

I got a little ride in before I took Maudie (see below) out for her mile run and then it rained...(you can see our "bikerdog" attachment on the other side...attached to the rear of the frame...it's great)

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-16-2007, 05:24 PM
SHARP color combo- the rich orangey brown with the charcoal grey.....mmmmm.

Beautiful dog too!

Kano
10-16-2007, 05:33 PM
I agree, Lisa! My other thought was that the bike and Maudie are very well coordinated!

Karen in Boise

pinkychique
10-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I love it! It looks like a great ride! Beautiful doggie!!! :D

elk
10-16-2007, 05:51 PM
thanks friends....

sometimes I think the retro brooks and grips kind of clash with that semi techno look of my Globe (wish it was glossy black:D ) but I do like the grey and orange...gotta keep the eye fresh and be open to unusual combos!!

and Lisa...I am so glad you recommended I go for the bigger Brooks!

(I never noticed how well matched my dog and my bike are!)

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-16-2007, 06:03 PM
thanks friends....

sometimes I think the retro brooks and grips kind of clash with that semi techno look of my Globe (wish it was glossy black:D ) but I do like the grey and orange...gotta keep the eye fresh and be open to unusual combos!!

and Lisa...I am so glad you recommended I go for the bigger Brooks!

Oh I'm GLAD you like the non-S Brooks! How is it better for you?

I just LOVE the satin dark grey of your bike!- very understated and elegant. It goes beautifully with the leather.

elk
10-16-2007, 10:35 PM
It is pretty, isn't it...! I'm glad you like it. There probably aren't too many with that combo...

I like that the B67 gives me that extra room...I have it pushed pretty far back on the rails and I don't feel like I'm on the edge. Wiggle room so to speak. And it's comfortable.

I do cheat a bit though and rub some Lexol into the leather..it softens it just a little, just enough. Proofhide the underside, Lexol the top and then proofhide the top.

KnottedYet
10-19-2007, 04:59 AM
Beautiful bike! Beautiful dog!

Hey, maybe you could check out the Little Red Bike Cafe for us? (the biker cafe, I have no idea where it is http://www.ecospace.cc/business/a-cafe-for-bikers.htm )

mimitabby
10-19-2007, 06:14 AM
great shots, nice bike! nice dog too.

ibcycling
10-19-2007, 06:38 AM
Beautiful bike and dog! I love the look of the orange with the grey on your bike. Maudie is stunning too! Thanks for posting pics. :)

Lora

elk
10-19-2007, 01:59 PM
thanks!

I see it was Kano who had that observation about bike/dog look alike!

coyote
10-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Wow Elk, that is really a sharp looking bike. Maudie is really beautiful. She is going to get used to those bike rides and want you to take her all the time!

elk
10-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Wow Elk, that is really a sharp looking bike. Maudie is really beautiful. She is going to get used to those bike rides and want you to take her all the time!

thanks, coyote! WHen I talk Maudie out for a walk now, she wants to go FAST!!!