PDA

View Full Version : Shebeest Tech Tight recommendation

SadieKate
12-04-2004, 08:22 PM
One of my big gripes is that tights fall down and that they usually don't have a chamois so you end up with 2 layers of seams in the wrong spot.

Well, just wore these tights for the 1st time on a 17 mile singletrack ride and had wonderful success. No unplanned migrations and legs that actually went all the way to my ankles! I have shorts and knickers in the same fabric, cut and chamois which I really like, so I took the plunge and shelled out for a pair of tights. It was worth it. These are finally a cycling tight with the same 8-panel design as a good short so they fit and perform the same way. 2 thumbs up!

Trek420
12-09-2004, 12:39 PM
I'll will definately look into this...was just thinking about this one.

In all but the hottest weather I wear tights (various boo boos on my legs, if I was a horse they'd shoot me, keeping warm keeps 'em loose) and was just thinking "self?" I said to myself "you *always* wear tights, you *gotta* wear shorts, wonder if there's a tight with a chamois so you can shed the extra layer?"

How do these compare with the PI ones? Anyone tried 'em? :rolleyes:

SadieKate
12-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Also, would whoever has worn them please let us know how many panels are in the tight? My experience has been that most tights are 4-panel even though shorts are 8-panel.

I didn't even look at PIs this year because 2 years ago I tried on a pair and the legs . . . well, let's say they were more of a capri.

Dogmama
12-10-2004, 04:46 AM
Second the plea for recommendations. My PI's are getting a bit worn.

Trek420
12-10-2004, 06:29 AM
on our sponsors padded tights page most don't say, however the shebeast are *8* panel, I'd hope the others are not far off ;-)

http://www.teamestrogen.com/categories.asp?catID=80

fasteryet
12-10-2004, 03:10 PM
I've got a pair of the Terry 'coolweather' tights, which are comfortable and have a built-in chamois. They're good from about 65-50 degrees. If it's colder I use Hind Thermal Drylite (or Drylene?), with a pair of bike shorts underneath.
Of course, I haven't got to use either very much for the past two months, because (excuse the rant) every time I have a day off I'm either sick or it's raining. I'm not even sure I can fit into either pair of tights or paddle more than ten miles at this point.

Sonerila
01-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this site, so, hi. Need some input, here. Although I've been riding since grade school, I've never taken cycling as a serious form of exercise until, well, I put on some mid-life weight. Bought a new road bike and love it. I'm in the process of purchasing some bike apparel, but, Jeeze, do all the padded shorts and tights need to feel like you're wearing a giant Kotex? And the rear view, sheesh! I look like I'm wearing a diaper. I bought the Shebeest Strip Cycle Tight and the Elite Distance Short. Other than feeling like I'm concealing a stuffed animal between my legs when I walk, they fit great. Will this make me bowlegged? Just kidding.

Sonerila

Dogmama
01-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Yes, you will become bowlegged and your head will permanently tilt backwards.:D

Try different shorts. Even different models within the same brand have different padding.

Personally, if my shorts fit and I can ride for hours, I really don't care what they look like. You'll probably feel the same way after you buy a really horrible pair of shorts that chafe like crazy but are oh-so-cute!

Irulan
01-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Sonerila
Hi,

I'm new to this site, so, hi. Need some input, here. Although I've been riding since grade school, I've never taken cycling as a serious form of exercise until, well, I put on some mid-life weight. Bought a new road bike and love it. I'm in the process of purchasing some bike apparel, but, Jeeze, do all the padded shorts and tights need to feel like you're wearing a giant Kotex? And the rear view, sheesh! I look like I'm wearing a diaper. I bought the Shebeest Strip Cycle Tight and the Elite Distance Short. Other than feeling like I'm concealing a stuffed animal between my legs when I walk, they fit great. Will this make me bowlegged? Just kidding.

Sonerila

read some of the threads on saddle to sores to learn why bike pads feeling or looking funny is the least of your worries.

~I.

Sonerila
01-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Okay. I'll give it a go. I'll just not look at my rear view and try to ignore the wad between my legs. Thank's for the input.

Sonerila