PDA

View Full Version : running Oct 8-14

roadie gal
10-10-2007, 08:17 AM
*sigh* After 2 nice days, we're back to winter. It was cool but blowing 20-25 mph yesterday. So I got on the treadmill and did hills for 45 minutes.

Today I woke up to 4 inches of snow on the deck... again. It'll be the trainer in the loft for me today.

Deborajen
10-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Snow?? We can't even get back down into the 70's where we should be this time of year. :confused:

I did a two-mile easy run Tuesday morning. Planning three miles of tempo tomorrow. Hoping for a long run Sunday - skipped the Sunday run earlier this week because the IT band was acting up. I think it's getting there, though - still doing stretches like crazy and it's less and less of a problem.

Deb

Grog
10-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Monday here (Canada) was Thanksgiving so I had my Turkey Trot race. Sandwiched in two weeks of bad weather, we had a SPLENDID day, so I had a great run. Very surprising considering that I have ran so little over the past few weeks.

Now I have a post-run cold. My nose is running ALL the time. But it's staying above the neck, so I ran a little 20 minutes this morning, just to clean my airways. Worked well for the morning, but I was congested again in the afternoon.

Will have gentle speedwork on Friday, a little long run on Sunday, and take some time to prepare my training plan for my ... February half-marathon!!

So a decent week, all things considered, so far.

alpinerabbit
10-11-2007, 12:03 AM
back to running.... the week before last I was fighting off a cold which I did not want to break out during my cycling holiday.
Then a week's cycling with one run on a rainy day. A weekend actually having that cold.

This week I'm finally into our coach's 10K plan for a race in December.

Tuesday: 6x800 on the track, I held a 5min pace... plus I jogged there and back, total kilometreage :-) about 12 plus core exercises and stretching
Today: 90 min slow

annie
10-11-2007, 08:17 PM
A lovely, but cool run through the woods today. I so enjoy trail running! Much more than on the road. Did 4 miles in 40 minutes. Enjoyed the entire time.

Annie

kelownagirl
10-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Well after 3 weeks of no running at all, I decided to do a 3km walk/run with the school running club today. I figured my hip/calf hurt anyway, so I may as well run. I felt a few twinges but no serious pain and I iced my calf, hip, and foot when I got back which seemed to help. I think I'll do the half/half again next week as well. I need to make another PT appt though. Haven't been to see her for 10 days either...

tattiefritter
10-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Think I've finally shaken my cold and got out for a four mile leg stretcher yesterday. It was supposed to be a lunchtime run but work got in the way so got out after work, bit bizarre running along streetlit roads but the drizzle was refreshing. Current plan is hopefully another short lunchtime run today, a hilly trail run of about 7 or 8 miles on Saturday and possibly a short recovery type run on Sunday. I've got to work on Sunday (but from home) so it may turn into a complete rest day then on Monday 10K training starts in earnest with a set of intervals, can't wait actually as I enjoy intervals.

Booked races are another trail race on the 3rd of November and a road 10K on the 24th.

alpinerabbit
10-12-2007, 05:07 AM
Revenge of the longjog - had the killer cough attack tonight. I hope I'll get rid of it soon.

teigyr
10-12-2007, 04:59 PM
I almost slept in because it is so dark in the mornings but I got out of bed and ran an easy 2 1/2 mile course. It felt pretty good! My miles are going to be short this week, unfortunately. The winter makes me so lazy.

Shiraz
10-13-2007, 07:44 AM
After running my half marathon last Sunday, I ended up sick. I only ran 5 slow miles on Tuesday. Yesterday I ran 11.75 with a friend. We maintaned 10 m/mile pace. The social part was great and the miles rolled by. We are training for our next half marathon Oct 27th in Boise. It looks fun and is for a great cause. Here is the web site if anyone is interested. Hope everyone starts feeling better!!

http://www.prisonbreakhalf.com/

roadie gal
10-14-2007, 06:19 AM
My condolences to everyone who is sick. We're definitely getting into that time of year.

I went out for an hour long trail run yesterday. It was a little mushy after the snow, but it was still great. I'm savoring my last outdoor runs of the year.

rocknrollgirl
10-14-2007, 12:12 PM
My weekly udate:

Tuesday- 50 min LSD trail run
Thursday-20 min temp run-trail
Saturday-35 mins on the road...blech
Sunday- transition run off the bike-trail

limewave
10-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Managed to get in 4.5 miles on the beach. I jogged the second half in the soft sand . . . my buns are now killing me.

alpinerabbit
10-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Total for this week: 35K, the most I've ever done. I have about the same on my plate for this week, then next week will be easier. I hope I can keep this up.

tattiefritter
10-15-2007, 03:39 AM
Managed a short 3 miler on Thursday and got out for a bogfest of a trail run on Saturday. Headed back up to where I got lost on my last long trail run determined to find the path I missed last time. Started off ok on the forestry track and on the wet rocky climb - which is usually wet but this time it was doing its stream impression. Pops out at the bottom of the firt proper climb and its wet, very wet and muddy and very difficult to run as I am sliding around all over the place on the way up. I found it quite fun on the way up but wasn't running much as my trail shoes were overwhelmed and I would periodically find my leg disappearing up to mid shin in bog - squelch. I still couldn't find the path even though I looked hard so decided that it was too wet to try crossing the open moor and head back the way I came. The descent was awful, it was so slippy I nearly ended up on my butt about five times, I was skating in the mud at one point. Think I may avoid those trails until its a bit drier. Headed back over the other sie of the road and picked up some firmer trails and got moving again. Just over 8 miles total, but very slow due to the muddy hill. My trail shoes still haven't dried out!

Ended up working all day Sunday (til 4am Monday :eek: ) - so didn't get out. I have postponed my intervals until Tuesday when I am a little less tired but I so need to do them as my speed has dropped off - though I have become much better at keeping going up long hills.